Midface shortening?

HorseFace

HorseFace

done
Is there any way to shorten the midface at all in the nose area? I know you can shorten it in the philtrum area but i would need it in the midface nose area.

I know some of you will say mewing, but im fairly sure this will just prevent it from lenghtning?

Will an orthropics appliance shorten the face?

I am 17, 18 in two months btw.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
why? being ogre is much better

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayerino and Deleted member 6401
Just mew and sublimals

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and HorseFace
Sublimals, i dont know man. I have a hard time trusting them, but can you reccomend me a good one?

Just find one that makes your midface shorter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and HorseFace
Subliminals are retarded. Unless the subliminal makes you focus harder on mewing, then it's not retarded, because mewing really is the only option you have. Mew hard, and constantly. Make sure the posture is correct, so it doesn't grow in an undesirable way. I just took some pics today. In a year and a half, I'm going to take another set of pics. In the meantime, I will mew every single day, hard as hell. If I get results, I will show everyone that a long midface can be solved.

Oh, and chew hard gum for an hour a day as well. Hard gum boosts the effect of mewing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 6401, Usum and 2 others
Correct tongue posture (mewing) does not just PREVENT the face from getting longer. It fixes it by expanding your maxilla over a period of time dependent on your age. If a face can get uglier, elongate, and have its maxilla collapse overtime due to mouth breathing and incorrect correct tongue posture then the converse is true if you do the opposite (nose breathe and have your tongue on your palate 24/7).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 6401, Usum and 1 other person
Correct tongue posture (mewing) does not just PREVENT the face from getting longer. It fixes it by expanding your maxilla over a period of time dependent on your age. If a face can get uglier, elongate, and have its maxilla collapse overtime due to mouth breathing and incorrect correct tongue posture then the converse is true if you do the opposite (nose breathe and have your tongue on your palate 24/7).

Can you show me any hardcore evidence, properly measured?
Just find one that makes your midface shorter

This one has alot of comments of people claiming it worked, do you have any experience yourself?

Anyways i read into it, and even tough it sounds like snake oil i kinda get the tought behind it. Messeges being picked up by the unconsious/sumbliminal mind telling it things like that "you are getting a shorter face, Your maxilla is growing forward". I guess the unconcious mind will then transmit these messages into diffrent prosseses in the body depending on what its told to do?

Last edited:
  • +1
I personally do not recall having come across a study that outlined distance of the midface reduced by proper tongue posture but if I find one I will inform you of it.

Remember, orthodontists hate orthotropics. Orthotropics is a recent field. The amount of people aware of this so simple but crucial information is mindbogglingly small. You would think something as important as correct tongue posture and nasal breathing would be taught everywhere, but it isn't. Most of us wouldn't have even known it existed if it weren't for learning about looksmaxing. Dentists and orthodonists make a shit ton of money from braces and other appliances, braces are pushing backwards on the teeth and face giving people a longer face with a collapsed maxilla. Teeth extractions also fuck up the face. Meanwhile if people had adopted a hard food diet like we have for centuries along with a tongue pushing on your palate, we wouldn't need braces or any of that shit and we would have a properly developed face. People seem to believe facial growth and development is entirely genetic but they're wrong. It's environmental. Air pollution indoors and outdoors causing people to mouth breathe and letting their tongue sit on the base of their face allowing the maxilla to collapse with no jaw to support it due to a soft food diet is all no more than 70-80 years ago.

I also want to talk about before and after pictures pertaining to this.. Since your goal is shortening midface, remember that current cameras on phones and other devices are shitty as fuck and literally distort your face even if your chad. So to see an actual before and after there would have to be 0 lens distortion involved in these...

But take a look at these, turn on CC for the video if you need to, and make your own evaluation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2309666 "Mandibular growth was found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. Maxillary and mandibular growth were highly correlated at each age period."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-make-long-face-shorter-without-surgery-using-kian-morteza

https://thehumanunderground.wordpre...akes-a-face-attractive-its-all-in-the-tongue/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, middayshowers and HorseFace
Sorry man but im still having a hard time beliving you would be able to make a visible diffrence trough mewing after bone development.

Check out "orthropics treatment aviable to Affect the lenght of the face prof by John Mew."

Here he tells it wil change bones in young children and prevent further elongating in adults

• +1
Sorry man but im still having a hard time beliving you would be able to make a visible diffrence trough mewing after bone development.

Check out "orthropics treatment aviable to Affect the lenght of the face prof by John Mew."

Here he tells it wil change bones in young children and prevent further elongating in adults
You have a hard time believing mewing could work, yet you're willing to believe subliminals?

• +1
Yes when John Mew the founder of orthropics says so, i guess ill belive him, but ill definetly still mew day n nite tho.

Well honestly i want to belive that mewing can make a dramatic change, but when they never say it in orthropics, there are no dramatic evidence, and Mike only makes vague statements like "change is possible in adults" im having a hard time belive in it.

Altough since my face was able to collapse completly in the matter of a year, and faces grow untill the age of 20 (im soon to be 18) i have some hope. I know im definitly still growing in height.

Subliminals is more like a make belive thing tho, im not excepting results but 15 minutes a day is worth a shot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and SomethingOff
Yes when John Mew the founder of orthropics says so, i guess ill belive him, but ill definetly still mew day n nite tho.

Well honestly i want to belive that mewing can make a dramatic change, but when they never say it in orthropics, there are no dramatic evidence, and Mike only makes vague statements like "change is possible in adults" im having a hard time belive in it.

Altough since my face was able to collapse completly in the matter of a year, and faces grow untill the age of 20 (im soon to be 18) i have some hope. I know im definitly still growing in height.

Subliminals is more like a make belive thing tho, im not excepting results but 15 minutes a day is worth a shot
I don't know if mewing truly works for adults either, but it makes sense to an extent. If lazy tongue posture and mouth breathing causes longer midface, then strict and hard mewing should be able to have the opposite effect, right? Either way, I have nothing to lose. It hurts, it burns, but I'm gonna get used to it. Just imagine me coming back a year and a half later and taking new pics, only to see a decent improvement, that would be huge.

I only think it'll have an effect if you actually do it extremely hard at a constant rate though. Not JUST placing it properly and then pushing lightly, I mean actually pushing (with correct posture, obviously) as hard as you can every single second you are awake. It burns beneath the chin, my tongue is sore, and the back of my head is feels like it's tightening and it hurts, but that's at least a sign something is happening. I have nothing to lose.

Shit, you have a better chance of getting results at 17-18 than 23-24, right? Again, nothing to lose.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe
I don't know if mewing truly works for adults either, but it makes sense to an extent. If lazy tongue posture and mouth breathing causes longer midface, then strict and hard mewing should be able to have the opposite effect, right? Either way, I have nothing to lose. It hurts, it burns, but I'm gonna get used to it. Just imagine me coming back a year and a half later and taking new pics, only to see a decent improvement, that would be huge.

I only think it'll have an effect if you actually do it extremely hard at a constant rate though. Not JUST placing it properly and then pushing lightly, I mean actually pushing (with correct posture, obviously) as hard as you can every single second you are awake. It burns beneath the chin, my tongue is sore, and the back of my head is feels like it's tightening and it hurts, but that's at least a sign something is happening. I have nothing to lose.

Shit, you have a better chance of getting results at 17-18 than 23-24, right? Again, nothing to lose.

Alltough, does it have any effect doing it that hard? I think i've read somewhere that the tounge is supposed to be in light contact with the palate.

Also my tounge palate goes downwards, do you have this issue?

• +1
  • +1
Wtf are sublimals

Clips of music with voices layered beneth telling you that you will get a shorter face, your maxilla wil furthen excectra.

The idea atleast for these sorts of subliminals is that they are supposed to be picked up by the subconcious mind and start processes in the body following

• +1
Clips of music with voices layered beneth telling you that you will get a shorter face, your maxilla wil furthen excectra.

The idea atleast for these sorts of subliminals is that they are supposed to be picked up by the subconcious mind and start processes in the body following
That's a really interesting idea but I don't think cells work like that lol

• +1
Alltough, does it have any effect doing it that hard? I think i've read somewhere that the tounge is supposed to be in light contact with the palate.

Also my tounge palate goes downwards, do you have this issue?
I think if you're younger, you don't need to do it particularly hard, like if you're 9-10 years old. Then the body will adapt and grow, doing most of the work for you. But when you're older, the bones are harder, some fused, and you have to do it hard to force the maxila to change shape over time. I think a lot of the people who mew in adulthood don't actually put any force into it, and while it's good that they're improving their breathing and such, the bones won't change shape at all because that requires constant force.
My tongue palate does not go downward, that sounds real bad. Mewing could fix that though, the palate is more susceptible to change than the bones themselves.

That's a really interesting idea but I don't think cells work like that lol
Subliminals basically go in the same category as hypnosis, binaural beats, and even meditation. It's clear it does something in your brain, it calms you down and increases focus. This can reduce cortisol (meditation at least, but all these other things are just another form of meditation), and clear your mind out. Maybe the placebo can make you "perform better at the gym", or "be more social", basically stuff you have control over to begin with, but might inhibit yourself from doing for one reason or another.

But then people start claiming it can change things like eye color, height, facial shape, testosterone levels, get you muscles without working out, clavicle width (which is part of your god damned frame, a bone that's fused and unchangeable past a certain age). That's nonsense.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
But then people start claiming it can change things like eye color, height, facial shape, testosterone levels, get you muscles without working out, clavicle width (which is part of your god damned frame, a bone that's fused and unchangeable past a certain age). That's nonsense.
Wtf XD:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• +1
I already have a decent maxilla but I apply pressure with my tongue and fingers quite often to see if I can move it further up

• +1
Holy fuck I can't believe people believe this shit lmao

• +1
midface is overrated in men

• +1
Subliminals are retarded. Unless the subliminal makes you focus harder on mewing, then it's not retarded, because mewing really is the only option you have. Mew hard, and constantly. Make sure the posture is correct, so it doesn't grow in an undesirable way. I just took some pics today. In a year and a half, I'm going to take another set of pics. In the meantime, I will mew every single day, hard as hell. If I get results, I will show everyone that a long midface can be solved.

Oh, and chew hard gum for an hour a day as well. Hard gum boosts the effect of mewing.
Its been almost a year, any changes? Pm me

It seems according to mewers it can solve literally everything, name one thing and they will make up some stuff to explain how mewing solves it. So far I have even heard them saying that it can make you taller.

It seems according to mewers it can solve literally everything, name one thing and they will make up some stuff to explain how mewing solves it. So far I have even heard them saying that it can make you taller.
Don't be lazy in finding excuses.
Work your ass and "think" once for all.
You have nothing to lose after all if "it does not work".
midface is overrated in men
1/3 for every 3 parts of the face.
Harmony.

P.S.: Never seen so many long/narrow faces than today. It's creepy. This is not normal.
Either testosterone (water, food, etc) and/or bad breathing/posture involved... or even women giving birth too late with rotten eggs.

Last edited:
He cant PM because he is banned, but you can find him in forum.**************** , his username is 'horse'
Thanks bro.

Don't be lazy in finding excuses.
Work your ass and "think" once for all.
You have nothing to lose after all if "it does not work".

1/3 for every 3 parts of the face.
Harmony.

P.S.: Never seen so many long/narrow faces than today. It's creepy. This is not normal.
Either testosterone (water, food, etc) and/or bad breathing/posture involved... or even women giving birth too late with rotten eggs.
I think its also caused by soft, not properly chewed fastfood, it makes the jaw weak, and the mandibular downswing can impact an entire face