Minor Looksmax: Facial Posture Maxxing via Exercise (Lower Eyelid, Ptosis, Downturned mouth)

L

Leforrt3000

Bronze
This sounds like cope, but hear me out. To sum it up, strengthening one muscle without strengthening its antagonist will cause a postural change in favor of the strengthened muscle. In other words, if you strengthen the squinching muscles enough, eventually you'll permasquinch slightly. One of the keys is though you probably have to do more strength training type exercises for the face as opposed to stamina exercises, so basically you want to try and add resistance.

Proof for posture change caused by muscle strengthening: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S002561961261372X

Applications:

Droopy upper eyelid: You can strengthen the upper eyelid muscle so that it raises up more: https://www.healthline.com/health/droopy-eyelid-exercises

Lower eyelid: Look up facial exercises for this, elongated squinching is a start

Downturned mouth corners at rest: Facial exercises to strengthen muscles involved in smiling

Theoretically you can slightly lower your eyebrows by doing this as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com, KraftDurchLeid, Treasure223 and 6 others
surprised. thought this was gonna be bs when i read the title

• +1
Reactions: Leforrt3000
Didn’t read. Cope

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5204
ive thought about making a thread regarding getting a tighter lower lid using this method but wasnt sure if it was actually legit
aegyo sal is actually hypertrophied orbicularis oculi (squinting) muscles, and the stronger the muscles are the tighter and larger they get
i think this is why when francisco lachowski has larger aegyo sal his lower eyelids are much tighter
picture of lachowski with extremely prominent aegyo sal, notice how tight his lower lids are
picture of lachowski with less prominent aegyo sal, however notice how his left eye (right on your monitor) has noticeably larger/more prominent aegyo sal, and at the same time that lower lid is also slightly noticeably more tight

im not sure how this would actually be achieved other than 24/7 squinting
francisco lachowski has a natural tendency to squint, even from pictures and videos of him from childhood
i think this maybe has to do with him having always played outside under the brightness in brazil growing up, and it seems to be a learned behaviour

at the start of the video when under brightness francisco is seen squinting using the orbicularis oculi muscle quite hard, whereas most people would squint only slightly/wear a hat or even use their hands to cover the sunlight.
Maybe francisco lachowski's aegyo sal and super tight lower eyelids are from having consistently squinted growing up due to combination of learned behaviour + environmental effects (the brightness in brazil),
People nowadays spend more time locked in their rooms/indoors than they do outside under extreme sunlgiht
picture of younger francisco lachowski, even here has strong/large aegyo sal

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie, SixCRY and Leforrt3000
ive thought about making a thread regarding getting a tighter lower lid using this method but wasnt sure if it was actually legit
aegyo sal is actually hypertrophied orbicularis oculi (squinting) muscles, and the stronger the muscles are the tighter and larger they get
i think this is why when francisco lachowski has larger aegyo sal his lower eyelids are much tighter

I think it figured it out. I believe that Chico had a well above average amount of orbital + eyelid fat, and thats what he lost with age. It doesnt make sense that his lower eyelid/infraorbital muscle would atrophy that much. If you look at his pics now he's got some darkness under his eyes as well, also indicating loss of fat.

However, it is possible this isnt true, as the eyelids aren't supposed to have much fat in them. I did do some research on the general muscle layout on and around the eyelid. Here's a pic of that with terms as well:

Image 12

This link has an explanation of what they do: https://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/orbicularis-oculi-muscle#1

Quote: The orbicularis oculi muscle is composed of three parts: the orbital portion, the palpebral portion, and the lacrimal portion. The orbital portion closes the eyelids firmly and is controlled by voluntary action. The palpebral portion closes the eyelids gently in involuntary or reflex blinking.

So if you wanted to hypertrophy both you'd have to find a way to exercise the palpebral portion.

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
I think it figured it out. I believe that Chico had a well above average amount of orbital + eyelid fat, and thats what he lost with age. It doesnt make sense that his lower eyelid/infraorbital muscle would atrophy that much. If you look at his pics now he's got some darkness under his eyes as well, also indicating loss of fat.

However, it is possible this isnt true, as the eyelids aren't supposed to have much fat in them. I did do some research on the general muscle layout on and around the eyelid. Here's a pic of that with terms as well:

View attachment 293143

This link has an explanation of what they do: https://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/orbicularis-oculi-muscle#1

Quote: The orbicularis oculi muscle is composed of three parts: the orbital portion, the palpebral portion, and the lacrimal portion. The orbital portion closes the eyelids firmly and is controlled by voluntary action. The palpebral portion closes the eyelids gently in involuntary or reflex blinking.

So if you wanted to hypertrophy both you'd have to find a way to exercise the palpebral portion.
for aesthetic gains i dont believe there's a need to hypertrophy both, you'd simply need to hypertrophy the orbital part (which encircles/surrounds the palpebral portion) to an extent where the increase in size/tightness would result in a "lift" of the palpebral part. When a muscle is hypetrophied, surrounding muscles in the muscle group also change position due to the increase in hypertrophied muscle's size. AKA enlarging/hypertophying orbital portion to the point where it becomes large enough to lift/slightly displace the palpebral portion (resulting in overall lift/tightening of lower eyelid)

again idk what methods could be used other than squinting. any ideas?

• +1
Reactions: Leforrt3000
whats a good lower eyelid exercise?

whats a good lower eyelid exercise?

Put some fingers around .5-1 inch below your lower eyelid and squinch, this adds resistance, then hold it until somewhat near failure. Rest and repeat for a few sets.
for aesthetic gains i dont believe there's a need to hypertrophy both, you'd simply need to hypertrophy the orbital part (which encircles/surrounds the palpebral portion) to an extent where the increase in size/tightness would result in a "lift" of the palpebral part. When a muscle is hypetrophied, surrounding muscles in the muscle group also change position due to the increase in hypertrophied muscle's size. AKA enlarging/hypertophying orbital portion to the point where it becomes large enough to lift/slightly displace the palpebral portion (resulting in overall lift/tightening of lower eyelid)

again idk what methods could be used other than squinting. any ideas?

You'd want to hypertrophy the orbital part in case its hollowed out already, so that the eyelid doesnt stick out too much. Either way its not gonna hurt to have more undereye volume.

Im looking up to see if I can found out an exercise for the palpebral portion, but I think that just strengthening the orbital portion should cause a minor postural change over time.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Treasure223 and Vidyacoper
basically face yoga

Cope

• WTF
Reactions: Treasure223