Minoxidil and long term hair loss - what’s the conclusion?

M

MillerMac

Iron
First, the red pills:
1. DHT causes follicle miniaturization
2. Skull shape (amongst other things) affect scalp tension
3. More scalp tension either more DHT collected in scalp or it makes follicles more sensitive

So finasteride obviously helps. Massaging also helps partly for the tension.

What’s the verdict in Minoxidl, especially combined with Dermarolling weekly 1.5mm?

Is it just cosmetic?

Is it bad for hair loss maxxing long term - as in, can the “more blood flow” effect rush more dht to the follicles, short time more hair, long term worse off?

I’ve heard that the deep dermarolling and minoxidil could alter the skin area to be a good seed for hair growth. Anything on that?

Been somewhat stabilized for 5 years on finasteride but with bad skull shape so slowly thinning all over, been wondering if i should start minox, but I would rather think long term.

Also: enlarged galea / more calcified galea = more hair loss. This is why I’m wondering if stamping the galea with 1.5mm and using minox would be a helpful long term solution to fight that (with fin also), if it’s just a cosmetic bandage, or if it’s actually harmful long term.

Any studies / theories? Thanks!

• +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension
First, the red pills:
3. More scalp tension either more DHT collected in scalp or it makes follicles more sensitive

Massaging also helps partly for the tension.

can the “more blood flow” effect rush more dht to the follicles, short time more hair, long term worse off?

Been somewhat stabilized for 5 years on finasteride but with bad skull shape so slowly thinning all over
Canadian Lol GIF

Just pop 5mg oral minoxidil everyday and you’re good to go

Just pop 5mg oral minoxidil everyday and you’re good to go
Can’t get it in Scandinavia and I’m not gonna rely on India buys for a drug i need for life

Can’t get it in Scandinavia and I’m not gonna rely on India buys for a drug i need for life
Get whole supply for a year from india

First, the red pills:

What’s the verdict in Minoxidl, especially combined with Dermarolling weekly 1.5mm?

Is it just cosmetic?

Is it bad for hair loss maxxing long term - as in, can the “more blood flow” effect rush more dht to the follicles, short time more hair, long term worse off?

I’ve heard that the deep dermarolling and minoxidil could alter the skin area to be a good seed for hair growth. Anything on that?

Been somewhat stabilized for 5 years on finasteride but with bad skull shape so slowly thinning all over, been wondering if i should start minox, but I would rather think long term.

Also: enlarged galea / more calcified galea = more hair loss. This is why I’m wondering if stamping the galea with 1.5mm and using minox would be a helpful long term solution to fight that (with fin also), if it’s just a cosmetic bandage, or if it’s actually harmful long term.

minox doesn't adress the underlying cause which is ANDROGENIC alopecia. You have to adress the androgen issue, minox will only work short term, then the newly grown hairs will be miniaturized by DHT

massaging your scalp, "bloodflow" , scalp tension are bs theories that don't have anything to do with helping hair loss

minox doesn't adress the underlying cause which is ANDROGENIC alopecia. You have to adress the androgen issue, minox will only work short term, then the newly grown hairs will be miniaturized by DHT

massaging your scalp, "bloodflow" , scalp tension are bs theories that don't have anything to do with helping hair loss
Highly disagree. Scalp tension makes follicles more sensitive to the androgens. As in, it’s part of the equation, even though root cause is DHT ofc.

But since I’m stabilized on fin, wouldn’t minox be a semi long term solution to add to the mix?

Highly disagree. Scalp tension makes follicles more sensitive to the androgens. As in, it’s part of the equation, even though root cause is DHT ofc.

But since I’m stabilized on fin, wouldn’t minox be a semi long term solution to add to the mix?

yes, ofc you can't stop applying it otherwise the gains will go away

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie

yes, ofc you can't stop applying it otherwise the gains will go away

this jew minox bloats me like crzy every day i have to actively debloat or else i would look like a baloon i look 10% body fate more when im bloated b this shit and cant stop it either or else who knows how many hairs i will lose after years of treatment

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: urukhaiascension and cyprian_tomaszewski
First, the red pills:

Is it just cosmetic?

you may keep your hair for life with minoxidil alone. it will depend of 3 factors : good responce to the product + bypass accomodation (easy) + not too much dht ( luck or fina/ some naturals compounds may be enought? )

this jew minox bloats me like crzy every day i have to actively debloat or else i would look like a baloon i look 10% body fate more when im bloated b this shit and cant stop it either or else who knows how many hairs i will lose after years of treatment
oral or topical?

oral or topical?
topical , but every topical goes systemic in part anyway , and i also have to do microneedling for more regrowth so it absorbs even more

topical , but every topical goes systemic in part anyway , and i also have to do microneedling for more regrowth so it absorbs even more
then hop on oral

okay so to get back on track, what’s more possible:

1) minoxidl flushes more dht to scalp and will long term be bad for hair
2) derma stamp and minoxidil make scalp a better environment for hair, worse for dht to form, and will be good for hair long term

First, the red pills:
This is not true, the scalp tension dht is already debunked

SO that means the gene that cause high scalp dht can also cause the skull shape to change (but not always)

okay so to get back on track, what’s more possible:

1) minoxidl flushes more dht to scalp and will long term be bad for hair
2) derma stamp and minoxidil make scalp a better environment for hair, worse for dht to form, and will be good for hair long term
NO one rlly know how minoxidil works, but there are theorys

Get a topical with alcohol, PG and minox only. You can safely use that as oral, but you need to get the doses right. The only dangerous part is the minoxidil itself if you overdose. Search how to do it as there are good guides out there.