Minoxidilcels, does it make your hair greasy and how much of an inconvenience is it?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Salutations my children
I've been on fin for over a year and a half, but only took it rarely in the last few months cos wanted beard development and thought hair was fine.

Anyway, the hair on my left temple in particular is definitely thinner than other areas, but unsure if it's thinner than it was a couple of years ago

I'm debating using minoxidil on that area, but when I used topical finasteride it made my hair greasy. I used glycerin and ethanol, which is similar to the propylene glycol and ethanol in minoxidil. Also, I'm not even sure if I'm thinning, or it's my natural hair, as it's only on one side and I remember it being thinner already. Having to apply minoxidil every day is much more inconvenient than just taking my finasteride every other day

I'm also considering oral minoxidil, but unsure about that due to cardiac risks

1) yes minoxidil makes my hair very greasy. Therefore i wash it every day. (btw, You don't need to keep minoxidil on your scalp for the full 4 hours, you can wash it off before)

2) Oral minoxidil comes with more severe possible side effects, but doses of about 2.5mg/daily seem to be fine.

3) Also:
Im on oral finasteride and ive been using topical minoxidil to increase the density of my facial hair - it worked like a charm. Finasteride doesnt seem to interfere with my beard growth.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Cardiac risks - assuming you're referring to lowering blood pressure, are negligible on a very low dosage of Minoxidil.
Just assess blood pressure before taking it and then like a week into a particular dosage.

no optimism for your receeding hairline boyo

Hair is always a little thinner/shorter at the temples

• +1
Hair is always a little thinner/shorter at the temples
Screenshot 2024 10 15 13 19 07 71 6f8f7a6a69f2aa2976412416ecb84f7a

Terrible quick drawing but it's kind of like this. Seems to be a sharp area of low density (red) going back a bit on that one side near the parting, rather than typical rounded shape loss including the temple peaks

I'll probs continue with just fin for at least a few months, then if I'm still worried then topical or oral min

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2
View attachment 3239253
Terrible quick drawing but it's kind of like this. Seems to be a sharp area of low density (red) going back a bit on that one side near the parting, rather than typical rounded shape loss including the temple peaks

I'll probs continue with just fin for at least a few months, then if I'm still worried then topical or oral min
Do you really have no pics of how it use look?

Do you really have no pics of how it use look?
This is now
IMG 20241015 133531

This is December 2022
Screenshot 2024 10 15 13 36 42 55 965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4
Screenshot 2024 10 15 13 37 02 75 965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4

Seems to me that the low density area got slightly wider

All pics with flash, hair parted

• Hmm...
  • +1
Hmm yeah it looks a bit thinner, but luckly your hairloss appears very slow.

Honestly, just stay on fin and dont bother with minox. And if you wanna use minox, ive heard that cheaper brands make your hair greasy while rogain shouldnt make it that way.
Slow probably because I've been on fin a lot of that time
Tbh, when I asked if I was balding on here and on Reddit back from the time of the earlier photos, everyone said no

Still started fin anyway

• +1