Mirror cope? vs backcam?

keepcopingboyo

keepcopingboyo

Iron
I have an iPhone 15 pro max, and when I take some back-cam videos of myself, I look completely fucking different. In some vids, my skin looks of a completely different tone, my features look different, and I actually look fucking subhuman. I'm relatively unbiased about my looks, and compared to the treatment I get in real life from people regarding my looks etc, I am fucking in disbelief that I look like this on back-cam.

In majority of mirrors though I am satisfied with how I look (with the exception of maybe some shittly lightings). I'm also used to the inverted version of me, and though I am quite asymmetric, it feels this is significantly magnified in backcam pics.

When I take neutral mirror pics/videos and invert them, I look significantly better. What the fuck is happening, it makes no sense that there is something wrong with back-cam cuz its legit fraudless, but at the same time it just doesn't line up. :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Disrupted Gene, yvesstpierre, ronald_2 and 3 others
I have an iPhone 15 pro max, and when I take some back-cam videos of myself, I look completely fucking different. In some vids, my skin looks of a completely different tone, my features look different, and I actually look fucking subhuman. I'm relatively unbiased about my looks, and compared to the treatment I get in real life from people regarding my looks etc, I am fucking in disbelief that I look like this on back-cam.

In majority of mirrors though I am satisfied with how I look (with the exception of maybe some shittly lightings). I'm also used to the inverted version of me, and though I am quite asymmetric, it feels this is significantly magnified in backcam pics.

When I take neutral mirror pics/videos and invert them, I look significantly better. What the fuck is happening, it makes no sense that there is something wrong with back-cam cuz its legit fraudless, but at the same time it just doesn't line up. :feelswhy:
schizophrenia ?

• +1
Reactions: keepcopingboyo and SavageAstronaut
there some mirrors that kind of distort your face if you go far away from them (idk how to explain but my grannys house has one of those) but best thing to do is to go in a mirror not too far not too close and boom and yes back camera might look a bit weird but its because you are used to it

• +1
Reactions: ronald_2
there some mirrors that kind of distort your face if you go far away from them (idk how to explain but my grannys house has one of those) but best thing to do is to go in a mirror not too far not too close and boom and yes back camera might look a bit weird but its because you are used to it
I use a one of the makeup mirrors (ik its gay as fuck but i accidentally bought a makeup one online) the one that is on a stand you can hold with your hand. I have tried both close-up, mid distance and far away and in all of them in the mirror videos inverted I look MILES better than in the back camera.

Back cam also feels super inconsistent. Some videos i actually look good, and completely symmetric, while in some other lighting/vid I look TERA assymetric and legit subhuman.

I use a one of the makeup mirrors (ik its gay as fuck but i accidentally bought a makeup one online) the one that is on a stand you can hold with your hand. I have tried both close-up, mid distance and far away and in all of them in the mirror videos inverted I look MILES better than in the back camera.

Back cam also feels super inconsistent. Some videos i actually look good, and completely symmetric, while in some other lighting/vid I look TERA assymetric and legit subhuman.
try to do it further away and also what camera you have? i have an iphone 7 with broken camera and if i take video with back camera from close up i look tera subhuman too just look at how you look in the mirror and that is how people see you if you dont believe me take a friend and put em infront of a mirror they look the same.

• +1
Reactions: keepcopingboyo
try to do it further away and also what camera you have? i have an iphone 7 with broken camera and if i take video with back camera from close up i look tera subhuman too just look at how you look in the mirror and that is how people see you if you dont believe me take a friend and put em infront of a mirror they look the same.
depends cuz i am quite asymmetric, so mirror wont give me just an honest view.

As for my phone cam, I have an iphone 15 pro max, so I legit have NO excuses :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. But the inconsistently of the quality is making me really question the cam cuz in certain lighting it will make me look as orange as fucking trump, but in other ones I look very pale.

I sorta just dont understand, cuz if someone is good looking IRL, they should be just as good looking in the camera too.

• +1
Reactions: Running! and ronald_2

It's because you are still coping, this forum is home to absolute stupid copers. Back camera is the real deal you smug head, better get used to the fact that you looked like assymetric recessed piece of shithole. All the irl situation is just your brain playing tricks on you and warping reality in your favor. The most unbiased view the back camera, swallow the pill of no hope. I did and look at me now, still a failure, but a failure who knows he is a failure

• JFL
It's because you are still coping, this forum is home to absolute stupid copers. Back camera is the real deal you smug head, better get used to the fact that you looked like assymetric recessed piece of shithole. All the irl situation is just your brain playing tricks on you and warping reality in your favor. The most unbiased view the back camera, swallow the pill of no hope. I did and look at me now, still a failure, but a failure who knows he is a failure
ur probs right lol, what i was suspecting. Back cam is legit just no fraud. It doesnt get truer than a fucking back cam of an iphone 15 pro max. Im honestly surprised ppl treat me like they do if i look as subhuman jfl.

• +1
Reactions: Running! and lurking truecel
dog didnt read GIF by FirstAndMonday

• +1
ur probs right lol, what i was suspecting. Back cam is legit just no fraud. It doesnt get truer than a fucking back cam of an iphone 15 pro max. Im honestly surprised ppl treat me like they do if i look as subhuman jfl.
I mean you are probably just overestimating how bad people treat ugly people. For the most part you are just not taken so srsly, no one is more dumb towards you or anything even if you are a easy target, so know your place.

I mean you are probably just overestimating how bad people treat ugly people. For the most part you are just not taken so srsly, no one is more dumb towards you or anything even if you are a easy target, so know your place.
No like I regularly get complemented on my face/looks, and please trust me at least on this like I am not bullshitting here. Many have brought it up like without even the topic of looks/dating being a part of the convo, and I am used to it which is why this is more fucking noticable.. This is why I am so fucking confused lol, I would not be confused if I was treated as an invisible normie. Ppl are legit just blowing smoke up my ass?

• +1
Reactions: Running!, ronald_2 and lurking truecel
No like I regularly get complemented on my face/looks, and please trust me at least on this like I am not bullshitting here. Many have brought it up like without even the topic of looks/dating being a part of the convo, and I am used to it which is why this is more fucking noticable.. This is why I am so fucking confused lol, I would not be confused if I was treated as an invisible normie. Ppl are legit just blowing smoke up my ass?
I mean I am joking with you, the back camera will be deceiving because you are used to the mirrored version. Your assymteries will be more noticeable because of inversion. But the thing is that in real life assymteries is not that big of a deal. If you get complements than you are good. But send me pics in pm and I will say to you the truth

• +1
One question. How far from the back camera are you taking selfies? One arm, two, more than two?

I experience a similar thing, but in my case my phone is cheap so camera quality is bad.

When I take selfies at arms length, my face looks long and narrow. Meanwhile in mirrors my face looks wider and less long.

When I take selfies at two arms length, my face starts to look more like how I see myself in mirrors, but since its taken fron a distance I have to crop it, and so it losses a lot of quality and detail so it looks blurry.

Last edited:
One question. How far from the back camera are you taking selfies? One arm, two, more than two?

I experience a similar thing, but in my case my phone is cheap so camera quality is bad.

When I take selfies at arms length, my face looks long and narrow. Meanwhile in mirrors my face looks wider and less long.

When I take selfies at two arms length, my face starts to look more like how I see myself in mirrors, but since its taken fron a distance I have to crop it, and so it losses a lot of quality and detail so it looks blurry.
I take it a bit less than an arms length away. The quality of the cam widly differs from the lighting, cuz sometimes the video looks very bloomy and blurry, then other times I look very orange in the video.

I take it a bit less than an arms length away. The quality of the cam widly differs from the lighting, cuz sometimes the video looks very bloomy and blurry, then other times I look very orange in the video.
Thats way too close. I'm sure its making your face longer and narrower, even if it has great camera quality.

To prove this, stand in front of the mirror and check how much of your ears are visible, then take a selfie and check how much of them you see in the image. I bet they are less visible there.

Thats way too close. I'm sure its making your face longer and narrower, even if it has great camera quality.

To prove this, stand in front of the mirror and check how much of your ears are visible, then take a selfie and check how much of them you see in the image. I bet they are less visible there.
Yea ive noticed, my face looks very narrow. Doesnt help much that I already have an oval/slightly longer face to begin with. Looks really bad lmao. But I thought back cam has very little distortion even when arms length away.

• +1