Molars tilted outwards

N

notgonnacopenomore

Iron
I have an issue with my back teeth, they tilt outwards. Both pictures provided below are from reddit. My teeth looks the guy in the photo. I wanted to ask 3 questions:
1. Is it fixable?
2. Does it prevent hollow cheeks? (Saw someone commment about this on looksmax before that it prevents hollow cheeks.)
3. Does it prevent maxilla from growing propery?

Attachments

• zuuckdj12wf61.jpg
    zuuckdj12wf61.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230727-085751~2.png
    Screenshot_20230727-085751~2.png
    18 KB · Views: 0
1. Is it fixable?
yes they will fix themselves when you have more room
2. Does it prevent hollow cheeks? (Saw someone commment about this on looksmax before that it prevents hollow cheeks.)
no, hollow cheeks is mainly from bones. there are other factors relating to buccinators and fat, fat being the leased important
3. Does it prevent maxilla from growing propery?
no, lack of tongue space and imroper oral posture and function will though

I think that post is putting the cart before the horse, teeth issues can result from maxilla deficiency not the other way around.

You have malrotations resulting from mild crowding. Fixed with braces. but whether it is ultimately due to a dental or skeletal deficiency can only be determined by an ortho and maxfac.

In itself, it has no effect on your facial appearance

Last edited:
yes they will fix themselves when you have more room

no, hollow cheeks is mainly from bones. there are other factors relating to buccinators and fat, fat being the leased important

no, lack of tongue space and imroper oral posture and function will though
Bro I'm 20 now and I haven't seen any improvement since I was 18. Infact they keep getting more titled I think. You sure I can get enough space for it to fix it self at my age?

I think that post is putting the cart before the horse, teeth issues can result from maxilla deficiency not the other way around.

You have malrotations, fixed with braces, but whether it is ultimately due to a dental or skeletal deficiency can only be determined by an ortho and maxfac.

In itself, it has no effect on your facial appearance
But do you it prevents hollow cheeks tho?

But do you it prevents hollow cheeks tho?
No it does nothing at all.

If you don't have hollow cheeks, its resulting from something else.

Your malrotations may or may not be a result of maxillary deficiency.