Most people are unbelievably unremarkable.

moodless

moodless

Honor and Rigor.
You'd be surprised. Most of them have mundane hobbies, one or two interesting traits and that's about it. You can never get that "wow, humans are such complex creatures" takeaway from interacting with them.

That's just how society works, a few remarkable people, and others are just there to do their job in society. It's all a have it or not type of thing too. You can lie to yourself, thinking all your insecurities and falling for micro-trends is actually just you being "sentient" when in reality you realize how fucking unremarkable you are compared to the greats. That is your coping strategy, you either get all this weird hobbies and trends just because they are unique or you argue on everything, focused solely on being strictly contrarian. It makes you feel special.

When do you think people will truly stop talking about Alexander the Great? Constantinople? Jesus Christ? Einstein?

Not that it matters anywhere, you'll just turn into dust and vanish.

@Gonthar

• +1
  • WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: Debetro, TUSSELEIF, BigJimsWornOutTires and 6 others
legit. thank god i'm an exception to this rule, it makes the experience of living so much more enjoyable

• +1
Reactions: BigJimsWornOutTires and moodless
I was forced to spend some time with grandparents and surrounded by the general public and it nearly traumatised me.

It's not the beleifs themselves they hold, but the disregard for Wisdom itself. The conversations I hear on the streets sound like they are from highschool. Maybe 1 in 100 is actually interesting and has substance.

Even if one turns into dust a Soul in Union with God will live forever.

• +1
Reactions: princeof316 and moodless
be gl and u will always me markable

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts
We live in a society, where people get celebrated and praised for stuff, they have done absolutely nothing for.
To be an interesting character is nothing but tied to your innate intelligence, personality and upbringing (environment).
Everything consequential like life achievements, is just a product of them.
In the end it’s all pre-determined.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: overtier1011, truthhurts and moodless
Obsession with "great" men is such a weird fixation. I'm jealous of people who live better lives than me -- not those that are in some fucking boring textbook

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and moodless
Obsession with "great" men is such a weird fixation. I'm jealous of people who live better lives than me -- not those that are in some fucking boring textbook
It was an example to just show contrast between the upper-end of humanities contributors vs the lower end cogs of a system.

Read this :

@BigJimsWornOutTires Thoughts?

Perhaps the problem is with your specific standards of remarkability. Remarkability, to me, is about individuality. The truth is that most people aren't afforded the privilege of being able to fully realize their own individuality. But what makes certain people special isn't obvious anyway.

Life is a cruel ride, so you just have to hold onto whatever you can to avoid falling. You shouldn't give up, though, because there's meaning in the struggle.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Annihilator, datboijj, rand anon and 1 other person
It was an example to just show contrast between the upper-end of humanities contributors vs the lower end cogs of a system.

Read this :

I just dont care too much about that distinction. I would rather be a cog getting my dick sucked every night instead of some spergy sigma living for notoriety

• +1
Reactions: moodless
Perhaps the problem is with your specific standards of remarkability. Remarkability, to me, is about individuality. The problem is that most people aren't afforded the privilege of being able to fully realize their own individuality. But what makes certain people special isn't obvious anyway.

Life is a cruel ride, so you just have to hold onto whatever you can to avoid falling. You shouldn't give up, though, because there's meaning in the struggle.
Good response, actually.

• +1
Reactions: Krisis
@cromagnon @wishIwasSalludon

• +1
Reactions: cromagnon
Adolf Hitler. Truly the most remarkable man in history; good looking, indestructable willpower and extremely power hungry. :feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh: :feelsautistic:

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: moodless and datboijj
I was forced to spend some time with grandparents and surrounded by the general public and it nearly traumatised me.

It's not the beleifs themselves they hold, but the disregard for Wisdom itself. The conversations I hear on the streets sound like they are from highschool. Maybe 1 in 100 is actually interesting and has substance.

Even if one turns into dust a Soul in Union with God will live forever.
Jogging a downtown area once, I stopped for a break and a check-in with my fitness group. So I was standing there smoking a cigarette while eating a gas station hotdog in between drags, this homeless feller approached me and asked, "What does DC stand for?"

The fuck, right? Motherfucker just comes up to me and begins a friendly dialogue as if we're buddies. Brutal. Nevertheless, I educated Mr. Roadkill and told him, "District of Columbus."

"Are you sure?" he asked. Ugh, I wanted to punch his fucking teeth down his throat at that moment. Am I sure?

Knowing my break was about up, cigarette stem down to the filter, I decided to spread disinformation and said, "Actually, I was homelessily wrong. I was thinking about a movie. DC stands for Detective Comics." On the contrary, I wasn't lying but mislabeling the political whore town for a fantasy one.

He nodded and replied, "That sounds about right."

I slapped him on his butt and he jumped back with his hands out, wide-eyes too. I returned to my workout routine.

Read this :

Sounds good

Last edited:
  • +1
who is the op, assuming it not josh?

• +1

the legacy thing is a valid motive to an extent, in the sense of finding a "greater goal" to fulfill your life, but yeah, i don't see the point in trying to be remembered by people you knew, or for 2-3 generations later.

it's a matter of time before you and everything about you will be completely forgotten, even if it's delayed for 500 years. and you don't get a second life for it anyway

Last edited:
  • +1
If you haven’t conquered 80 castles, become captain of the Imperial guard, blinded the Emperor, escaping Constantinople in an epic fashion, become King of Norway, all before the age of 30, then you are unremarkable

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff and moodless
The void is underated

• +1
the legacy thing is a valid motive to an extent, in the sense of finding a "greater goal" to fulfill your life, but yeah, i don't see the point in trying to be remembered by people you knew, or for 2-3 generations later.

it's a matter of time before you and everything about you will be completely forgotten, even if it's delayed for 500 years. and you don't get a second life for it anyway
Yeah, I'm not knocking having goals. But they're only for your own psychological/existential gratification. They're not for external validation. I do a bunch of pointless shit because it makes me feel like I'm on some path, but I don't give a fuck whether they put me on mount rushmore or something

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff and moodless