Mouthguard utilisation to induce CCW rotation

YouLiveForYourself

YouLiveForYourself

Stand for nothing, fall for anything
Inspiration is from dad_bod_god from this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/chewing-megathread.160248/post-4379526

For a few months I have contemplated replicating his method as the logic appears to be sound and the process itself seems to be low risk, high reward.

I bought the bullet and purchased a sports mouthguard and have been exerting pressure on the anterior region of my bite. I won't be clenching due to the risk of inducing bruxism, and I'll start off doing it for 2 hours a day and will increase the time spent doing it as time goes on.

A large amount of people have a CW rotated occlusal plane and maxilla. If this works it may well be a breakthrough in the looksmaxxing community.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Ak-47p, Oueyy, RAMU KAKA and 3 others
Inspiration is from dad_bod_god from this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/chewing-megathread.160248/post-4379526

For a few months I have contemplated replicating his method as the logic appears to be sound and the process itself seems to be low risk, high reward.

I bought the bullet and purchased a sports mouthguard and have been exerting pressure on the anterior region of my bite. I won't be clenching due to the risk of inducing bruxism, and I'll start off doing it for 2 hours a day and will increase the time spent doing it as time goes on.

A large amount of people have a CW rotated occlusal plane and maxilla. If this works it may well be a breakthrough in the looksmaxxing community.
what teeth are u clenghing with he said he clenched with incisor

what teeth are u clenghing with he said he clenched with incisor
To clarify, I won't clench. That seems overkill. Bone responds to light but consistent forces and clenching may end up inducing bruxism.

I will put pressure on the anterior section of my bite. Primarily the incisors, but also the secondary incisors and canines.

To clarify, I won't clench. That seems overkill. Bone responds to light but consistent forces and clenching may end up inducing bruxism.

I will put pressure on the anterior section of my bite. Primarily the incisors, but also the secondary incisors and canines.
oh ok just a heads up i heard clenching with temple muscles gives foward growth sets fowards cheekbones and shit like that
goodluck tho let us know if it works

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and YouLiveForYourself

Most of this stuff will just influence the teeth and alveolar process. It takes a shitton amout of force to influence the bones and sutures, like a SHITTON of force that is also prolonged.

Big break through if we can find something that rotates and protracts the maxila on a bone-borne level. I thought we found it with n2 implant

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
Most of this stuff will just influence the teeth and alveolar process. It takes a shitton amout of force to influence the bones and sutures, like a SHITTON of force that is also prolonged.

Big break through if we can find something that rotates and protracts the maxila on a bone-borne level. I thought we found it with n2 implant
This is where we need to think about the entire craniofacial complex.

Breathing is crucial. Breathing is vital. Everytime you take a proper breath, your sternocleidomastoid muscles tug on the back of your head, pulling your occiput down and back. This of course has a knock on effect, rearranging the other bones in your skull. Among others, it allows for the mandible to drop down and forward, the forehead to be pulled backwards, and most importantly, the maxilla to rotate and come forward.

Here's an animation illustrating what I've just said:

People who are anxious, depressed, and etc do not take proper, deep breaths. This does not stimulate the sutures at all, and thus they do not realise growth. Ever seen a good-looking person who has had life-long anxiety/depression? Their genes would have to be top-tier to be able to fight that uphill battle and make them good looking.

Breathing is only half of it though, tongue posture and chewing is the other half. Whilst breathing loosens sutures and does some minor pulling, mewing and chewing is what catalyses the bone rearrangement. Alongside those, the use of a mouthguard to help guide and facilitate the CCW rotation that all started with breathing may be effective.

Notice how people with legitimate mewing results have a change in their entire skull, not just face....

If we kept every single other factor the same and just implemented this technique then I agree. However, we aren't. The goal is to optimise every factor.

Proper mewing + proper chewing + proper breathing + CCW rotation via mouthguard is guaranteed to have some effect on the craniofacial structure. You are inducing forces onto bone. Bones respond to force. You are inducing stimulus onto sutures. Sutures respond to stimulus.

People look over these things because they take time. If you research these things, implement them perfectly, and stay consistent for about two years, you will be noticeably different. In a good way. Let people attribute the gains to puberty or whatever, it doesn't affect the benefits that you will enjoy from your ascension.

There is no reason as to why this shouldn't be something people endeavor in. It costs time and either nothing or $10 if you're willing to take on the mouthguard routine (I'll test it out for you guys and see if it works.)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, alriodai, meryou and 2 others

Hundreds of threads arguing about how he did what he did. He just implemented some simple habits. Now @Salludon spends his time on this planet as a Chad.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Descargue96, Chadpreetmaybe, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 1 other person
@deadlock I know this is your kind of thing

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Interesting. Will try with a Chisell piece between incisors

Interesting. Will try with a Chisell piece between incisors
You could try it but the chisell may distribute the forces in an undesirable way

Do you jut to put pressure on the incisors?
oh ok just a heads up i heard clenching with temple muscles gives foward growth sets fowards cheekbones and shit like that
goodluck tho let us know if it works
The molars all the way in the back or which ones?

• +1
Reactions: YouLiveForYourself

Yeah a very slight jut. How's your mewing progress going? Seen you on some other threads.

A temporalis chewing posture entails lifting the mandible up and slightly backwards. There should be little to no masseter activation.

• +1
Reactions: Umbra
I feel the pressure in my cheeks and nose for some reason while i'm doing this.
Probably a good thing. They're connected to the maxilla so the force is getting through the chisell.

• +1
Reactions: Pupur
Yeah a very slight jut. How's your mewing progress going? Seen you on some other threads.

A temporalis chewing posture entails lifting the mandible up and slightly backwards. There should be little to no masseter activation.
Mewing is going good,better than not mewing. Altough lately ive been having trouble mewing, no matter how i place my tongue it doesnt feel natural anymore and im kinda stuck

Do you jut so your lower incisors are under your upper incisors or behind?

I dont get what youre trying to say about the temporalis chewing

• +1
Reactions: YouLiveForYourself
Mewing is going good,better than not mewing. Altough lately ive been having trouble mewing, no matter how i place my tongue it doesnt feel natural anymore and im kinda stuck

I have them behind the upper incisors but touching them. That's how they should be.

That was the other guy. You don't really need to delve too much into temporalis chewing. Essentially all you need to know is that when you keep your mouth closed don't use your masseters to do so. Masseters are only for eating food.

• +1
I have them behind the upper incisors but touching them. That's how they should be.

That was the other guy. You don't really need to delve too much into temporalis chewing. Essentially all you need to know is that when you keep your mouth closed don't use your masseters to do so. Masseters are only for eating food.
So which one for forward growth and which one for ccw rotation?

So which one for forward growth and which one for ccw rotation?
Mouthguard theory for CCW rotation and forward growth. If the theory is true (I'm testing it) it will be a good looksmax.

Keep lower incisors behind upper incisors as it's proper posture.

Don't use masseters to close your mouth.

• +1
Mouthguard theory for CCW rotation and forward growth. If the theory is true (I'm testing it) it will be a good looksmax.

Keep lower incisors behind upper incisors as it's proper posture.

Don't use masseters to close your mouth.
I used to do it too, not long enough tho, i used to jut my jaw hard and place my lower incisors under my upper incisors and bite hard .

So i should get the mouth guard, jut a little so my lower incisors are behind the upper incisors then slightly bite? How should i close my mouth? My bite is normal btw, no under/over bite etc

I used to do it too, not long enough tho, i used to jut my jaw hard and place my lower incisors under my upper incisors and bite hard .

So i should get the mouth guard, jut a little so my lower incisors are behind the upper incisors then slightly bite? How should i close my mouth? My bite is normal btw, no under/over bite etc
Oh no sorry I misunderstood. If you try out the mouthguard routine have lower incisors directly under the upper ones and bite (not too hard).

• +1
Oh no sorry I misunderstood. If you try out the mouthguard routine have lower incisors directly under the upper ones and bite (not too hard).
I doubt it will give forward growth but im confident it will give ccw rotation given you do it right and keep your tongue on the roof of the mouth for support (especially in the back)

• Hmm...
Reactions: meryou
I doubt it will give forward growth but im confident it will give ccw rotation given you do it right and keep your tongue on the roof of the mouth for support (especially in the back)
The CCW rotation is what gives the appearance of forward growth.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and Umbra
Do not push at the back of the roof of the mouth though, unless you are somehow too CCW rotated. This is a mistake that a lot of people make (including myself). All this does is CW rotate your palate even further, making things worse.

You should have a suction hold at the back of the palate, and all of the pressure that you generate from the tongue should be towards the front and middle. If a person wants CCW rotation they should facilitate for the back of the palate to drop down and the front and middle the rise slightly.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, meryou and Umbra
Do not push at the back of the roof of the mouth though, unless you are somehow too CCW rotated. This is a mistake that a lot of people make (including myself). All this does is CW rotate your palate even further, making things worse.

You should have a suction hold at the back of the palate, and all of the pressure that you generate from the tongue should be towards the front and middle. If a person wants CCW rotation they should facilitate for the back of the palate to drop down and the front and middle the rise slightly.
Well i didnt rlly push my tongue, just swallow and hold it there, i used to do that for quite a while and unironically my bite felt weird and felt uglier, so i should stop doing it ? Its complicated, even swallowing wrong can affect your palate in a bad way

I shouldnt have a suction hold when i have the mouthguard? Only if i dont have it?

This is all cope, just get bimax

Well i didnt rlly push my tongue, just swallow and hold it there, i used to do that for quite a while and unironically my bite felt weird and felt uglier, so i should stop doing it ? Its complicated, even swallowing wrong can affect your palate in a bad way

I shouldnt have a suction hold when i have the mouthguard? Only if i dont have it?
You should be swallowing and holding it there at the back of the palate. That is correct form. just make sure the entire tongue is also on the roof of the mouth.

Yeah with the mouthguard on its almost impossible to mew.

• +1
This is all cope, just get bimax
Can't get bimax for another few years at least so why not try these zero-effort high potential routines?

• Love it
Reactions: meryou
You should be swallowing and holding it there at the back of the palate. That is correct form. just make sure the entire tongue is also on the roof of the mouth.

Yeah with the mouthguard on its almost impossible to mew.
After doing the mouthguard thing for a while, my bite feels misalligned like my lower incisors touch my front incisors without the mouthguard, is this a good sign?

After doing the mouthguard thing for a while, my bite feels misalligned like my lower incisors touch my front incisors without the mouthguard, is this a good sign?
That happened with me but the feeling goes away after like half an hour.

• +1
Final question (hopefully), what r the signs im doing it right? Dont wanna fuck anything up
Not sure. This theory is in its experimental phase so we'll have to wait and see. I guess after a while if you see benefits then you can conclude you did it right.

Signs that you are doing it wrong include inducing bruxism by clenching too hard and pushing forwards or backwards rather than up which shift your teeth.

Just do hard chin tucks. Been doing them for a month and half and my lower jaw came forward and the cheekbones became more prominent.

The only long term question when it comes to hard mewing is the mandible.

Here John Mew says you have to wait for the postaaah! to widen it, but it can take a while.

But it kind of makes sense: Zygomatic arch -> temporomandibular joint. The question is if the bone remodels by forming angles, etc.

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, meryou and Umbra
Just do hard chin tucks. Been doing them for a month and half and my lower jaw came forward and the cheekbones became more prominent.

Here John Mew says you have to wait for the postaaah! to widen it, but it can take a while.

But it kind of makes sense: Zygomatic arch -> temporomandibular joint. The question is if the bone remodels by forming angles, etc.

How are you sure that those benefits came from chin tucks? From my understanding they only serve as a postural correction exercise.

I wouldn't recommend hard mewing to someone unless they are experienced. When I first started out I did it and pushed insanely hard on the back of my palate. Over time this CW rotated my palate so that the back became higher up than the middle and front. I've been working on correcting this.

Correct mewing entails a change in almost all of the bones in the skull. Therefore, a change in the maxilla means that a change has occurred in the sphenoid bone, temporal bones and occipital bones. The mandible is linked to the temporal bones and so when the entire craniofacial complex changes this should affect the mandible and cause it to drop down and even widen slightly.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
How are you sure that those benefits came from chin tucks? From my understanding they only serve as a postural correction exercise.

I wouldn't recommend hard mewing to someone unless they are experienced. When I first started out I did it and pushed insanely hard on the back of my palate. Over time this CW rotated my palate so that the back became higher up than the middle and front. I've been working on correcting this.

Correct mewing entails a change in almost all of the bones in the skull. Therefore, a change in the maxilla means that a change has occurred in the sphenoid bone, temporal bones and occipital bones. The mandible is linked to the temporal bones and so when the entire craniofacial complex changes this should affect the mandible and cause it to drop down and even widen slightly.
You realize I did mewing chin tucks right?

There's literally no other thing that could've caused it. I can feel my lower jaw coming forward after hard chin tuck sessions, my lower front teeth touching the upper front.

The person I recommended chin tucks is already a mewer.

Don't be so sure yet about the mandible. That's like saying jaw widening with the chin bone cut (I forgot how it's called) will widen your maxilla; it won't. If you widen the mandible too much you'll put stress on the temporomandibular joint and eventually cause problems.

The only difference with mewing is that the changes are slower, but still you can't be sure.

You realize I did mewing chin tucks right?

There's literally no other thing that could've caused it. I can feel my lower jaw coming forward after hard chin tuck sessions, my lower front teeth touching the upper front.

The person I recommended chin tucks is already a mewer.

Don't be so sure yet about the mandible. That's like saying jaw widening with the chin bone cut (I forgot how it's called) will widen your maxilla; it won't. If you widen the mandible too much you'll put stress on the temporomandibular joint and eventually cause problems.

The only difference with mewing is that the changes are slower, but still you can't be sure.
What I'm saying is, was it the hard chin tucks or simply the mewing that led to such progress?

What I'm saying is, was it the hard chin tucks or simply the mewing that led to such progress?
Hard mewing done in chin tuck form so to speak.

But still I remain skeptical about the mandible widening.

I have good posture but not rlly chintuckin 24/7 , do u know why mewing feels unnatural for me rn? Could it be bcs i hard mewed or used force more on the front or i swallowed wrong?

I have good posture but not rlly chintuckin 24/7 , do u know why mewing feels unnatural for me rn? Could it be bcs i hard mewed or used force more on the front or i swallowed wrong?
I don't know. Probably you don't push hard enough.

I do those hard mewing chin tucks (they aren't really chin tucks, but half chin tucks) and the force is so great if you're lying in bed that your maxilla feels like it's about to explode.

The biggest difference I noticed is more prominent cheeckbones. I didn't expect cheekbones to become bigger to be honest at first, then I searched on reddit and apparently it's more common if you do hard mewing, but NOT at early stage. Still I have shitty eye area though.

This is why I think cheekbone gains aren't mainly from the expansion and lifting up of the maxilla, but from the indirect pressure of the tongue THROUGH the maxilla, and the increased 'loading' on that bone causing it to remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading.
osT5V9H.jpg

• +1
I don't know. Probably you don't push hard enough.

I do those hard mewing chin tucks (they aren't really chin tucks, but half chin tucks) and the force is so great if you're lying in bed that your maxilla feels like it's about to explode.

The biggest difference more prominent cheeckbones. Still shitty eye area though. This is why I think cheekbone gains aren't mainly from the maxilla, but from the indirect pressure of the tongue THROUGH the maxilla, and the increased 'loading' on that bone causing it to remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading.
osT5V9H.jpg
Do you swallow and hold it? Focus more on the back/middle/front or equally? How are your teeth positioned? Ive been mewing for 2 years already with decent results(could be puberty jfl) and now i feel like im starting all over again

Do you swallow and hold it? Focus more on the back/middle/front or equally? How are your teeth positioned? Ive been mewing for 2 years already with decent results(could be puberty jfl) and now i feel like im starting all over again
Yeah I smile, teeth normal touching together, then tongue swallowing and mewing chin tucks. I wouldn't be surprised if I get hollow cheeks by the time summer arrives, even though I generally don't have a lean face. My worry is that the mandible won't catch up and I will end up looking like a diamond faced hollow cheeked soy boy:lul::soy:.

I already have a narrow mandible. And as I said tired eyes which I haven't noticed any improvement.

• +1

to clench with temple muscles it doesnt matter which teeth OP isnt clenching just adding pressure with incisors to premolars

to clench with temple muscle u just gotta get used to it

• +1
@deadlock I know this is your kind of thing
I have been doing this for a while to push a crooked canine into its correct position. This also help me reduce my overbite by 1mm. The canine is still crooked though, but I am making progress. I am using a retainer that my orthodontist gave me to do this.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel and YouLiveForYourself
I have been doing this for a while to push a crooked canine into its correct position. This also help me reduce my overbite by 1mm. The canine is still crooked though, but I am making progress. I am using a retainer that my orthodontist gave me to do this.
CCW can reduce an overbite so it makes sense. I'm very intrigued. Seems like this is a promising method.

CCW can reduce an overbite so it makes sense. I'm very intrigued. Seems like this is a promising method.
Also I have to wear rubber bands so in order to prevent recession of my maxilla I push my jaw forwards to counteract the force of the bands, and so far it seems that no aesthetics have been ruined.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel and YouLiveForYourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back