Mse + facemask bad results

U

Umbra

Retired

I wont get mse and facemask since i dont need them, but just for the people interested in trying this combo, just letting you know it can go wrong too

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface
lol that sucks

How is it a bad result? Both his jaws were recessed prior to MSE + facemask and now only his lower jaw is recessed. He needs BSSO to fix it. He didn't even need MSE to begin with, his palate was normal. Reminds me of the autists on here who don't have a narrow palate who think this will ascend them.

I guess this disproves all the retards with 0 common sense who say "the mandible moves with the maxilla".

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: gwei97, Tallooksmaxxer, xefo and 2 others
Ok I dont care about this shit leave me alone malfoy

• JFL
Reactions: Torero
reverse pull headgear (also known as facemask before facemask was the term referring to covid masks) is a retarded orthodontic device to fix underbite, since it protrudes the maxilla at the cost of recessing the mandible
people who figured out the basis of looks theory know bimax surgery is the only answer to malocclusion

he only pushed his mandible backwards with the chin cup facemask. Mse does not achieve any forward growth anyways solely because of the molar bands bending. Its working mechanism is not similar to transversal expansion, therefore it is not bone borne if someone intends to use it for maxillary protraction. It works good for transversal expansion tho

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
reverse pull headgear (also known as facemask before facemask was the term referring to covid masks) is a retarded orthodontic device to fix underbite, since it protrudes the maxilla at the cost of recessing the mandible
people who figured out the basis of looks theory know bimax surgery is the only answer to malocclusion
lmao you can't recess the mandible with a facemask what a retarded thing to say

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, gwei97 and Chinlet Ascension
It's a positive result, it looks like it just made his already bad occlusion a little worse.

MSE results are very interesting to look at. It's hard to put my finger on why they look better, they just have a more polished, handsome look to them in the afters.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
It looks like it was successful in the way that it did expand is maxilla and made his middface and cheekbones better but in doing so it ruined his harmony

I did MSE + FM and the fucking anchor point on my molar broke off.

I did MSE + FM and the fucking anchor point on my molar broke off.
you mean molar bands. Anchor point is the screws placed onto your palate

He only needs to bring the mandible forward to ascend

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, gwei97 and Chinlet Ascension
he alread had good forward why would he get mse and facemask

The OP claims significant breathing improvements and his palate does not even look that narrow. I'm more crowded than his before and the ortho I visited was skeptical about MSE because my airway wasn't as bad as I thought (according to their imaging).

Anyway, he got what he paid for. He would have gotten better advice here than on the orthotropics subreddit (at least most users here aren't hesitant about bimax). The top comment is insinuating that he should sue. :lul:

Last edited:
you mean molar bands. Anchor point is the screws placed onto your palate
Yeah, I forgot what it was called in the moment if typing it. It was on my left side. Waste if time and super imo anyway

Yeah, I forgot what it was called in the moment if typing it. It was on my left side. Waste if time and super imo anyway
I think molar bands breaking is also proves my point about pulling from mse. If it can even break off with such little force imagine how resistant bone will be against the protraction force. Either it will bend giving only dental and dentoalveolar results or it will just break off like yours. This why mse does not work for protraction. But I don't think that means all bone anchored protration attemps will never work in the future too, no probably someone will find an alternative for lefort just like how they found alternative to SARPE with mse. Its just that the mechanism of pulling from mse molar bands does not make any sense to start with

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Agendum
I think molar bands breaking is also proves my point about pulling from mse. If it can even break off with such little force imagine how resistant bone will be against the protraction force. Either it will bend giving only dental and dentoalveolar results or it will just break off like yours. This why mse does not work for protraction. But I don't think that means all bone anchored protration attemps will never work in the future too, no probably someone will find an alternative for lefort just like how they found alternative to SARPE with mse. Its just that the mechanism of pulling from mse molar bands does not make any sense to start with
Even then, regular MSE implants become loose so not even bone anchored might not be enough