MSE induced asymmetry?

spark

spark

Kraken
I found this redditor who did MSE and found some of the pics he took:
81c5ba057874d84049549440c3deff22.jpg

Sure the angle isn't 100% the same so it likely isn't as bad as it seems but still...

He even admitted to an asymmetrical expansion though it seems he's still coping:
4871156680157fd35178ea82161d3149.png

He even went through the Ting protocol (1 turn per day). Is there a way to prevent this? @Sergio-OMS

Seems like most orthos don't like the Ting protocol including Won Moon himself. Could that be at fault too?

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2214
he looks so much worse wtf

he looks so much worse wtf
Yeah he seems to have lost the plot already. Now he spams stuff about the Jews and begging people to love him...
40aecf022e2c816958aa55cab92d9502.png

183441e9278c10e01b5cb5b65acd0810.png

itis.gif

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lutte, JizzFarmer and schneebly
Yeah MSE will make the face slightly more asymmetrical(in most cases) because it usually expands more on the narrower/weaker side(where the eyes are closer to the center of the face logically), and the eyes won't expand together with the cheekbone/facial width expansion, so for example in my case my left side is still fine with the eye pretty ideal-set while on the right the distance beetween iris of the right eye and right cheekbone/zygomatic bone is slightly too big now(so they are slightly too close-set on the right). Kind of hard to explain in words tbh, maybe there will be some longterm remodelling of the orbitals adapting to an "more ideal" position

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2214
I see MSE as a natural 24/7 mewing device, same way with how if you have a somewhat asymmetrical jaw you will have to mew to the side in which it's leaning outwards from for some minor results on the better masseter whilst having better results on the bad masseter (could be right or left).

But this is just very unlucky. It's probably over for him.

This is sad. I wonder how old he is. At least it sounds like he did this for airway reasons and he says his breathing improved. If anything, the asymmetry of my nose might look a little better after MSE. It's still deviated, but seems less obvious. Asymmetric MSE expansion typically exacerbates the existing problem, so the wider side moves farther than the narrower side. This happened a little in my case, but it's not noticeable without examining my bite.

• +1
Reactions: spark
This is sad. I wonder how old he is. At least it sounds like he did this for airway reasons and he says his breathing improved. If anything, the asymmetry of my nose might look a little better after MSE. It's still deviated, but seems less obvious. Asymmetric MSE expansion typically exacerbates the existing problem, so the wider side moves farther than the narrower side. This happened a little in my case, but it's not noticeable without examining my bite.
He is 19 I think now, he had MSE at 18.

• +1
Reactions: MSEFM
He is 19 I think now, he had MSE at 18.
I'm surprised someone that young had more resistance on one side to cause the asymmetry. The 30-year-old blogger at class3mse.medium.com says his midpalatal suture separated from MSE, but only one side is moving, so he's stopping expansion for surgical release.

• +1
"i choose HER"
never began

• JFL
f
I see MSE as a natural 24/7 mewing device, same way with how if you have a somewhat asymmetrical jaw you will have to mew to the side in which it's leaning outwards from for some minor results on the better masseter whilst having better results on the bad masseter (could be right or left).

But this is just very unlucky. It's probably over for him.
facial hair and some implants can ascend him/save him. Also neckmaxxing which is truly underrated