Multivitamins are very underrated in this forum, and in health forums in general

Deleted member 7901

Deleted member 7901

punch yourself 10000 times, remember wolf's law
People generally seem to undermine multivitamins in every health related forum, including here,
and even reddit, and say things such as "it doesn't matter much", but why? the bioavailability is good enough that you absorb enough to not be deficient if you have a moderately decent diet,
and its impossible to get all of your vitamins even from even a healthy diet alone, especially if you are very active, you will always be better of with a multivitamin, and on top of that, you are never going to be consistent for your whole life with a healthy diet anyways which can make the deficiency worse, and on top of that multivitamins are very convenient and cheap.

Users here generally seem to go to overdose of Vitamin D, and K2 alone (which are important) but there many other vitamins which work with each other that we need, and nobody really bothers to recommend multivitamins, despite their proven vast amount of positive effects

and many studies seem to support that they are very important

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4663579/ - supplementing a multivitamin on young healthy adults

Conclusion: The present study explored the effects of MVM supplementation in healthy younger adults, providing further support for potential mood benefits associated with MVM supplementation. Specifically, reductions in depressed/dejected mood were observed after MVM supplementation. In addition to increased blood levels of vitamins B6 and B12, analysis of blood biochemistry showed that MVM supplementation was associated with reduced homocysteine; however, these changes in homocysteine were not correlated with mood changes, suggesting a separate mechanism by which MVM supplementation impacted mood.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23895706/ - supplementing on over training soldiers

Results: After a large scale and endurance military training, the participants showed significantly increased thyroid function, decreased adrenal cortex, testosterone and immunological function, and significantly increased somatization, anger and tension. Compared to placebo, multivitamin/ multimineral intervention showed significant effects on functional recovery of the pituitary - adrenal axis, pituitary-gonadal axis, pituitary- thyroid axis and immune system as well as psychological parameters.

https://www.blackmores.com.au/weight-management/do-vitamins-cause-weight-gain - Multivitamins can help with weight management and weight loss

Personally I can say about myself, that after a few weeks of supplementing a multivitamin, I felt much better, and I have more energy,
I felt the biggest difference when I was on a caloric deficit with vs without a multivitamin

I recommend buying multivitamins that have Folate 5-MTHF / 5-methyltrehydrofolate since this is a very good sign of quality by the
company, and those typical are slightly more expensive for a good reason (still cheap, shouldn't cost more then $20 for a supply that lasts for 2 months at least)

The multivitamin I bought:

TL:DR
Multivitamins improve testosterone, cognitive function, mental well being, workout recovery rates and more, its impossible to get all vitamins even with a very planned diet let alone stick with it, and you will always benefit from it, on top of that we should start recommend taking multivitamins more

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, GalacticHero, Deleted member 1476 and 13 others
You're 100% right, micronutrients are also super underrated too. People saying you can get your requirements through diet are delusional

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Patrick Baitman, datboijj, SolarWind and 3 others
its all total bullshit

unless you have severely deprived diet or you live in sweden or russia where sun doesnt shine half the year all that stuff is poison

eat diverse organic diet with less fruit and you are golden, also limit red meat

(ah yess yeeeesss goy keep poppin poison and paying me $50 per month for it)

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: spark, RecessedPrettyboy, datboijj and 4 others
its all total bullshit

unless you have severely deprived diet or you live in sweden or russia where sun doesnt shine half the year all that stuff is poison

eat diverse organic diet with less fruit and you are golden, also limit red meat

What a shitty fucking reply, I bet you eat junk food all day, what does "eat diverse organic diet with less fruit and you are golden, also limit red meat" even mean? what are you supposed to even eat then?

also I bought a multivitamin which is considered "expensive", and it costs $18 and lasts for 2 months (60 tablets / 1 per day)

• +1
Reactions: zeshama, RAMU KAKA, FreakkForLife and 2 others
its all total bullshit

Low IQ detected

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7901
vitamins should be from diet, supplement with liver or oysters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7901 and Essonerian
What a shitty fucking reply, I bet you eat junk food all day, what does "eat diverse organic diet with less fruit and you are golden, also limit red meat" even mean? what are you supposed to even eat then?

also I bought a multivitamin which is considered "expensive", and it costs $18 and lasts for 2 months (60 tablets / 1 per day)
jfl look at this biomatter

congratulations on discovering the internet

I forgot another tip. Don't eat yellow snow...

Unless you eat a real good diet they should help most people. Also if you like to drink alcohol it strips a lot of minerals down like magnesium. Just anecdotal but I seem to get away with a bad diet half the time by using a multivitamin and supplements. Niacin's effect on hair was very noticeable for me.

I take 5 flintstone gummies 😬😬😬

• JFL
Reactions: redfacccee
People generally seem to undermine multivitamins in every health related forum, including here,
and even reddit, and say things such as "it doesn't matter much", but why? the bioavailability is good enough that you absorb enough to not be deficient if you have a moderately decent diet,
and its impossible to get all of your vitamins even from even a healthy diet alone, especially if you are very active, you will always be better of with a multivitamin, and on top of that, you are never going to be consistent for your whole life with a healthy diet anyways which can make the deficiency worse, and on top of that multivitamins are very convenient and cheap.

Users here generally seem to go to overdose of Vitamin D, and K2 alone (which are important) but there many other vitamins which work with each other that we need, and nobody really bothers to recommend multivitamins, despite their proven vast amount of positive effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4663579/ - supplementing a multivitamin on young healthy adults

Conclusion: The present study explored the effects of MVM supplementation in healthy younger adults, providing further support for potential mood benefits associated with MVM supplementation. Specifically, reductions in depressed/dejected mood were observed after MVM supplementation. In addition to increased blood levels of vitamins B6 and B12, analysis of blood biochemistry showed that MVM supplementation was associated with reduced homocysteine; however, these changes in homocysteine were not correlated with mood changes, suggesting a separate mechanism by which MVM supplementation impacted mood.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23895706/ - supplementing on over training soldiers

Results: After a large scale and endurance military training, the participants showed significantly increased thyroid function, decreased adrenal cortex, testosterone and immunological function, and significantly increased somatization, anger and tension. Compared to placebo, multivitamin/ multimineral intervention showed significant effects on functional recovery of the pituitary - adrenal axis, pituitary-gonadal axis, pituitary- thyroid axis and immune system as well as psychological parameters.

https://www.blackmores.com.au/weight-management/do-vitamins-cause-weight-gain - Multivitamins can help with weight management and weight loss

Personally I can say about myself, that after a few weeks of supplementing a multivitamin, I felt much better, and I have more energy,
I felt the biggest difference when I was on a caloric deficit with vs without a multivitamin

I recommend buying multivitamins that have Folate 5-MTHF / 5-methyltrehydrofolate since this is a very good sign of quality by the
company, and those typical are slightly more expensive for a good reason (still cheap, shouldn't cost more then $20 for a supply that lasts for 2 months at least)

Multivitamins improve testosterone, cognitive function, mental well being, workout recovery rates and more, its impossible to get all vitamins even with a very planned diet let alone stick with it, and you will always benefit from it, on top of that we should start recommend taking multivitamins more
dnrd because most multivitamins usually consist of too much of stuff you don't need and not enough of the good stuff.
+1 to micronutrients though

dnrd because most multivitamins usually consist of too much of stuff you don't need and not enough of the good stuff.
+1 to micronutrients though
the studies kinda say otherwise though... there is a pretty major amount of positive effects

the studies kinda say otherwise though... there is a pretty major amount of positive effects
Beats using nothing, inferior to separately dosing. Good thread, dnrd

vitamins are aight multivitamins are a scam since first of all bio availibility in them is sparse they put shit in that competes for the same thing and some people still dont know the difference between water soluble and fat soluble vitamins

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10330

Just get

Beta carotene

Oral.castor oil

Magnisium

ZInc

D3

K2

its all total bullshit

buying pills to get your micronutrients in is a lot less expensive than getting everything from a balanced diet

the reason why people here never get this is because they're all underage and they can eat at mommys house at home, while they would have to buy their multivitamins themselves

• +1
Reactions: lejend
Just get

Beta carotene

Oral.castor oil

Magnisium

ZInc

D3

K2
You miss so many vitamins with just those and other important micronutrients, you should giga-dose cycle with those but at the same time take a multivitamin daily, also vitamins work together, especially vitamin A, D, E and K

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11370
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11370
nless you have severely deprived diet or you live in sweden or russia where sun doesnt shine half the year all that stuff is poison
aside from vitamin D what would someone from a country with no sun take?

• +1
You miss so many vitamins with just those and other important micronutrients, you should giga-dose cycle with those but at the same time take a multivitamin daily, also vitamins work together, especially vitamin A, D, E and K
What am i missing
?

Vit C

Cod fish oil

??

Whats the best multivitamin brand?

Whats the best multivitamin brand?
I personally bought "Nature's Way" multivitamin, you can see the link to buy it in the bottom of the thread

Last edited:
The best brands are "liver" and "seafood" , "fruits" are also good but some of them contain too much sugar because are GMOs
Fruits are not very nutrition dense, and its hard to eat enough in a day, eggs and livers have way more nutrition in them,
seafood is expensive many times and not easy to cook,
and liver is disgusting for some and those foods are not always convenient to get,

What's up with all of the people who think that supplements are bad and are too stubborn of an idea of a healthy diet while eating junkfood? they are convenient and have been proven to work
very well with people, you can always take them with a healthy diet and still notice the benefits, they are very cheap as well, so there is no reason not to take them

I swear its always the people who eat the least healthy that are against supplements and treat them like steroids, I recommended some fat kid in my school a diet and a multivitamin and worked with him a bit, he said that my whole food plan has "too many fats" and that multivitamins can be dangerous meanwhile eating a pack of chocolate a day, being addicted to junk food and being like 35 BMI

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife
What's up with all of the people who think that supplements are bad and are too stubborn of an idea of a healthy diet
I'm a bit unsure because every single nutrition professional I've heard advises against supplements, but I admit I need to make more research on the topic, I don't know that much about it

• +1
Multivitamins are only effective if you're malnourished, which granted the majority of the population is. But it's better for people to shift away from the modern diet, rather than try to bandaid fix it with supplements (which don't even work in many cases).

its all total bullshit

Beef is probably the closest thing to our main evolutionary food - large mammals. It's very bioavailable and loaded with micronutrients. Everyone should be eating red meat regularly, fish and eggs too. Surprised to read Huffpo-esque anti-red meat propaganda somewhere like here. Pretty much every single mainstream narrative on food has been funded by some sort of lobby group and is designed to cuck you and take your money.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Essonerian
Multivitamins are only effective if you're malnourished, which granted the majority of the population is. But it's better for people to shift away from the modern diet, rather than try to bandaid fix it with supplements (which don't even work in many cases).

Beef is probably the closest thing to our main evolutionary food - large mammals. It's very bioavailable and loaded with micronutrients. Everyone should be eating red meat regularly, fish and eggs too. Surprised to read Huffpo-esque anti-red meat propaganda somewhere like here. Pretty much every single mainstream narrative on food has been funded by some sort of lobby group and is designed to cuck you and take your money.
I eat a nutritious diet (3-5 eggs, beef, ray bread, high fat yougurt, and some fruits & veggies) and still take it and feel better, especially when dieting
every study seems to disagree, and majority of diets, even healthy ones don't even hit the 100% RDA on some vitamin or micronutrients, and the RDA has been shown to be too low for most people

• +1

everyone here takes supplements no?

everyone here takes supplements no?
yes, but they usually just buy big amounts of vitamin D and K and also Ashwagandha
and some just buy full stacks of supplements they bought impulsively and never use them

• +1
Is it good to take multivitamins all the year?

• +1
Reactions: gamma
Fruits are not very nutrition dense, and its hard to eat enough in a day, eggs and livers have way more nutrition in them,
seafood is expensive many times and not easy to cook,
and liver is disgusting for some and those foods are not always convenient to get,

What's up with all of the people who think that supplements are bad and are too stubborn of an idea of a healthy diet while eating junkfood? they are convenient and have been proven to work
very well with people, you can always take them with a healthy diet and still notice the benefits, they are very cheap as well, so there is no reason not to take them

I swear its always the people who eat the least healthy that are against supplements and treat them like steroids, I recommended some fat kid in my school a diet and a multivitamin and worked with him a bit, he said that my whole food plan has "too many fats" and that multivitamins can be dangerous meanwhile eating a pack of chocolate a day, being addicted to junk food and being like 35 BMI
never said they are bad, it's just that eating good food is better. Building a diet plan around multi-vitamins is a bad idea, building diet plan around good food while taking the occasional multi-vitamin once or twice a week is good, not taking them every day like you suggest, how bad is your diet that you are advising people to take them every day?

never said they are bad, it's just that eating good food is better. Building a diet plan around multi-vitamins is a bad idea, building diet plan around good food while taking the occasional multi-vitamin once or twice a week is good, not taking them every day like you suggest, how bad is your diet that you are advising people to take them every day?
How about eating a good diet meanwhile still taking the multivitamins? its not either that or that, you can combine them, not diet is enough.
and my diet is pretty good, has eggs, beef some fruits & veggies, high fat low sugar yogurt and ray bread

There is no reason not to take it daily, unless it has a mega-dose

If I had to guess your diet is probably not that good, if you actually planned a diet before, and looked into the nutrition of each food,
you would see that its impossible to get the ideal amount of vitamins and micronutrients daily

Last edited:
Just make sure you don't get a supermarket multivitamin.

Lifeextension.com has high strength multis/ Vit D / K2 and probably the one you linked has too I assume

• +1
Just make sure you don't get a supermarket multivitamin.

Lifeextension.com has high strength multis/ Vit D / K2 and probably the one you linked has too I assume
the amount is 50mg / 2000 UI, good for most people at most times, but many people will benefit from taking an additional 5,000 UI Vitamin D pill especially at the winter and along side an additional K2 pill

Vitamin A retinyl also very helpful with Vitamin D and vise versa

also are you sure that Lifeextension has Vitamin K? maybe I am looking at the wrong one

Last edited:
How about eating a good diet meanwhile still taking the multivitamins? its not either that or that, you can combine them, not diet is enough.
and my diet is pretty good, has eggs, beef some fruits & veggies, high fat low sugar yogurt and ray bread

There is no reason not to take it daily, unless it has a mega-dose

If I had to guess your diet is probably not that good, if you actually planned a diet before, and looked into the nutrition of each food,
you would see that its impossible to get the ideal amount of vitamins and micronutrients daily
I guarantee you that i have a very good diet, this is what i just bought an hour ago for little less than 10 dollars (converting the currency from argentinian pesos to usd) because i needed some onions and fruit:

I bought:

3kg of potatoes
3kg of onions
2kg of bananas
1kg of pink grapes
2 cartons of eggs (72 eggs)
2kg of custom made hamburgers (told the butcher to put 400gr of pork fat, 1200gr of "roast beef" which should be the equivalent to upper chunk for american cuts of beef and 200gr of organs which include liver, kidney and other stuff)

i didn't put the onions and potatoes on the table because they didn't fit. I get it that it's expensive to buy good food in america or europe and multivitamins may be needed to compensate, but this doesn't apply everywhere in the world. If this makes you happy, i also take multivitamins, but only once or twice a week ;)

WhK3EuK.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13924
I guarantee you that i have a very good diet, this is what i just bought an hour ago for little less than 10 dollars (converting the currency from argentinian pesos to usd) because i needed some onions and fruit:

I bought:

3kg of potatoes
3kg of onions
2kg of bananas
1kg of pink grapes
2 cartons of eggs (72 eggs)
2kg of custom made hamburgers (told the butcher to put 400gr of pork fat, 1200gr of "roast beef" which should be the equivalent to upper chunk for american cuts of beef and 200gr of organs which include liver, kidney and other stuff)

i didn't put the onions and potatoes on the table because they didn't fit. I get it that it's expensive to buy good food in america or europe and multivitamins may be needed to compensate, but this doesn't apply everywhere in the world. If this makes you happy, i also take multivitamins, but only once or twice a week ;)

WhK3EuK.jpg
Buen provecho

its all total bullshit

yep multivitamins are utter scam and are proven not to work

this study is only about mortality risk, it can even be a positive for some since some people might
think it will lower their life expectancy, I have linked several studies which prove their benefits

$9 per month for a good quality multivitamin is not a bad deal nor will even come close to bankrupting you

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Lawton88

I think they would help most people especially considering the modern diets with so many processed carbs that people eat now. My guess is some of these studies would never pick up on that bad diet/lifestyle people are more likely to take them also which would affect the outcomes. Kind of like those trash studies that try to imply diet soda makes people gain weight also because most people that drink diet soda are fat. If that same person who weighs 250 drank sugar sodas instead of diet ones they would weigh 300 probably.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Deleted member 7901
just have a great diet and supplement with what u need.