Music taste is correlated with facial attractiveness

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
So, yesterday, me and my girlfriend spent the day with each other playing video games, watching TV and doing fun, wholesome little activities at home. When we got to the computer we decided we'd browse people's Spotify profiles for fun.

I've noticed a correlation between female facial attractiveness and music taste based on playlists linked to the account. For this observation, I'm assuming the account and thus the playlist holder belongs to the woman depicted in the profile picture.

Generally, the lower the PSL of the woman, the more she tends to stray away from "mainstream" or "chart" music. Women with lower PSL ratings also are more likely to include songs from genres deemed "fringe" and include more songs by "obscure" artists on their playlists. Thus, women with "alternative" music tastes are often HTBs or below, with Beckies (all tiers) preferring to listen to mostly more-well known alt musicians and femcels listening to the most obscure of musicians. Meanwhile, Stacies and Stacylites almost exclusively listen to mainstream chart pop, or music that has charted in the past.

However, it is generally noted that women, irrespective of attractiveness level, tend to stick towards more "well-known" artists within similar genres than their male counterparts who share the same music taste. For example, a non-goth Becky and a Normie, both in their early 20s with a slight "indie kid" appearance, both like post punk. The Normie might listen to Sleeping Dogs Wake, but the Becky's most obscure post-punk artist is Bauhaus.

Here are genres that you'd likely find in a woman's playlist, along with the level of "obscurity" for each attractiveness tier:

Stacies: Pop, R&B, mainstream EDM
Stacylites: Pop, R&B, pop punk, entry-level hip hop, mainstream EDM
Beckies (including LTB, MTB and HTB): Same as above plus indie rock, less obscure metal bands, less obscure shoegaze/post-punk/gothic rock bands, jazz, grunge, some electronic music other than mainstream EDM (e.g. techno, trance, trip hop)
Femcels: Same as above but more obscure bands, drone, math rock, anime OSTs, classical, and whatever extremely obscure genre is out there

Examples of profiles I've seen on Spotify along with their preferred genres:

Stacy:

Exclusively chart pop.

Stacylite:

Contrary to her appearance, she predominantly has pop, R&B and entry-level reggae on her playlists. I did however, spot ONE Rob Zombie song on her workout playlist.

HTB:

Shoegaze, post-punk, dream pop, gothic rock. Entry-level/more well-known artists for such genres.

MTB:

Primarily gothic rock, darkwave and various flavours of metal. Mix of "entry-level" and "obscure" artists within these genres.

LTB:

Mostly nu-metal and emo. Lots of Korn, Masked Wolf, Bad Wolves, ICP, Three Days Grace and the like.

Femcel-tier women usually use anime or video game characters for their profile pictures. However, I wouldn't assume that a profile with an anime girl is a femcel, because the owner could very well be a male, or a Stacy.

My girlfriend would most likely be rated a 4.5 PSL HTB, and her favourite Spotify artists would generally be considered "alt", but not "obscure" in any way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say her taste is right in line with woman in her early 20s who spends a lot of time online and her tastes are influenced by Fantano/Reddit/mu. Most often, women with a similar taste to her tend to be Beckies. She plugged in her account on a Spotify taste analyzer and her favourite artists are the following:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  3. Strawberry Switchblade
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  6. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

The vast majority of these artists were also found in the blonde HTB's profile. A good number of them were also found in the goth MTB's profile.

I would also say the same thing for males too, but we didn't look at male profiles. But generally, Chads tend to stick to mainstream hip hop and EDM, normies like rock and some EDM and incels tend to like metal and anime OSTs. However, exceptions can always be made.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Respalier, Baldingman1998, bogii and 22 others
Good looking people are nt and only listen to mainstream stuff

71036EE9 D6DA 4534 9746 8778B17DC9E5

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, LampPostPrime, .👽. and 26 others
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: falcon1, Respalier, Deleted member 22126 and 8 others
Here are my top artists from my last.fm account:
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Clan of Xymox
  3. Swirlies
  4. Beherit
  5. Swallow
  6. Behexen
  7. Agmen
  8. Asgaroth
  9. Negativland
  10. Virgin Black
  11. Deftones
  12. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  13. Eternal Elysium
  14. The Danse Society
  15. Eric B. & Rakim

I've been rated most commonly as a PSL 6 Chadlite.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime
type 0 negative, thats some good stuff, i wouldnt correlate with the level of looks but the level of NT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, LampPostPrime, Deleted member 15309 and 4 others
type 0 negative, thats some good stuff, i wouldnt correlate with the level of looks but the level of NT
I love type O negative. And yeah, NTness too, but more often than not, NT kinda correlates with attractiveness.

• +1
Reactions: R@m@
Gigachadroneliteriguzes and Gigastacies listen to quando rondo :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16110, Deleted member 2403, Beetlejuice and 3 others

Love that song btw.
Believe it or not, Type O Negative was found in the blonde HTB's profile. She kinda looks the type that might listen to stuff like Clairo, but nope. It's mostly shoegaze, gothic rock and dream pop.

Gigachadroneliteriguzes and Gigastacies listen to quando rondo :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:
Who?

Truly fascinating tales from the Photoshop factory

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj, gamma and Xangsane
It makes sense. Do you really think an incel would listen to love songs?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, Deleted member 8244 and Xangsane
It makes sense. Do you really think an incel would listen to love songs?
He might listen to obscure love songs while thinking about his oneitis and fapping

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Yuya Moggershima, micropenis29 and 2 others
He might listen to obscure love songs while thinking about his oneitis and fapping
Nah. Incels are more likely to listen to songs about war revenge murder anything like that. If he's low inhib and the thug type he'll likely listen to rap songs.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: metagross and Xangsane
nah thats a reach right there lol

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
nigga what are you on?
what do you rate her then?

Nah. Incels are more likely to listen to songs about war revenge murder anything like that. If he's low inhib and the thug type he'll likely listen to rap songs.
But obscure rap.

What about my taste, what would you say mine's like?
I've been rated most often a psl 6 chadlite

Here are my top artists from my last.fm account:
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Clan of Xymox
  3. Swirlies
  4. Beherit
  5. Swallow
  6. Behexen
  7. Agmen
  8. Asgaroth
  9. Negativland
  10. Virgin Black
  11. Deftones
  13. Eternal Elysium
  14. The Danse Society
  15. Eric B. & Rakim

I've been rated most commonly as a PSL 6 Chadlite.

not really. I noticed this when I was at uni too.
bro here in the netherlands all ethnic chicks for instance listen to top 40 stuff only, let me tell you they dont fog germanic stacies in the slightest

• Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, PrinceLuenLeoncur and Xangsane
bro here in the netherlands all ethnic chicks for instance listen to top 40 stuff only, let me tell you they dont fog germanic stacies in the slightest
What do the white women there listen to?

What do the white women there listen to?
top 40 as well, no one listens to rock/metal etc unless theyre into that subculture but they are rare and theyre usually beckies though.

• +1
top 40 as well, no one listens to rock/metal etc unless theyre into that subculture but they are rare and theyre usually beckies though.
True. I rarely see a Stacy that's into Merzbow or black metal.

Why do you think most girls who like alt rock or metal tend to be Beckies?

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
True. I rarely see a Stacy that's into Merzbow or black metal.

Why do you think most girls who like alt rock or metal tend to be Beckies?
i think beckies are the only ones who can relate to depressing stuff since their lives arent all that great. stacies cant relate because they have better lives. but since women have a herd mentality they will listen to whats considered popular. but like i said here in the netherlands every female basically listens to top 40 music and those who dont are usually damaged to some degree which is why they can relate only to depressing rock/metal music.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Xangsane
what do you consider mainstream?
Mainstream is pretty much every song on the billboard top 100 and generally artists the mainstream media focuses on

• +1
i think beckies are the only ones who can relate to depressing stuff since their lives arent all that great. stacies cant relate because they have better lives. but since women have a herd mentality they will listen to whats considered popular. but like i said here in the netherlands every female basically listens to top 40 music and those who dont are usually damaged to some degree which is why they can relate only to depressing rock/metal music.
I see.
To be honest, I don't think I would be happy to be with a Stacy. I know they'd ridicule my music taste and as a result won't want to be seen with me. Music is so important to me; I even play the bass and guitar.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Gengar
Yo, I saw the movie I saw the devil. It was SO FUCKING GOOD MAN, you gotta watch it

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Gengar and Xangsane
Mainstream is pretty much every song on the billboard top 100 and generally artists the mainstream media focuses on
Would you say mine and my girlfriend's tastes are NT?

• +1
Reactions: Jagged0
I see.
To be honest, I don't think I would be happy to be with a Stacy. I know they'd ridicule my music taste and as a result won't want to be seen with me. Music is so important to me; I even play the bass and guitar.
yeah women dont wanna be with a guy who will lower their social reputation. thats why male celebs who arent attractive and are short can get good looking women anyway because these men wont damage the womens social reputation.

• +1
Do Chads only listen to top 40 in the netherlands?

• +1
Yo, I saw the movie I saw the devil. It was SO FUCKING GOOD MAN, you gotta watch it
you finally watched it? ayyy!! im glad you enjoyed it bro. its my favorite movie ive watched it a few times already.

• +1
yeah women dont wanna be with a guy who will lower their social reputation. thats why male celebs who arent attractive and are short can get good looking women anyway because these men wont damage the womens social reputation.
Compared to say, a good-looking autist who plays e-sports?

• +1
also how NT would you say my tastes are? and my gf

Me (PSL 6):
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Clan of Xymox
  3. Swirlies
  4. Beherit
  5. Swallow
  6. Behexen
  7. Agmen
  8. Asgaroth
  9. Negativland
  10. Virgin Black
  11. Deftones
  13. Eternal Elysium
  14. The Danse Society
  15. Eric B. & Rakim

GF (PSL 4.5):
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

Last edited:
  • +1
Do Chads only listen to top 40 in the netherlands?
i think chad in the netherlands only listens to top 40 hiphop, not per se top 40 stuff because top 40 also has a lot of pop which is not what a chad would listen to.
yes its a south korean horror movie. well its a crime thriller but its so dark its considered horror.

• +1
i think chad in the netherlands only listens to top 40 hiphop, not per se top 40 stuff because top 40 also has a lot of pop which is not what a chad would listen to.

yes its a south korean horror movie. well its a crime thriller but its so dark its considered horror.
that's true. I've also noticed that chads love hip hop

also most people who listen to pop are women and gay men

I'll check out that movie, thanks for the rec!

• +1
Reactions: Hozay and Gengar
Compared to say, a good-looking autist who plays e-sports?
if youre good looking then you can get away with a lot of stuff tbh
also how NT would you say my tastes are? and my gf

Me:
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Clan of Xymox
  3. Swirlies
  4. Beherit
  5. Swallow
  6. Behexen
  7. Agmen
  8. Asgaroth
  9. Negativland
  10. Virgin Black
  11. Deftones
  13. Eternal Elysium
  14. The Danse Society
  15. Eric B. & Rakim

GF:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri
both are non nt tbh, except for your no15 pick. though i listen to these bands (in bold)

• +1
you finally watched it? ayyy!! im glad you enjoyed it bro. its my favorite movie ive watched it a few times already.
Korean movies fucking mog hollywood to hell and back.

• Love it
that's true. I've also noticed that chads love hip hop

also most people who listen to pop are women and gay men

I'll check out that movie, thanks for the rec!
practically every guy here listens to rap music, including the ugly guys. we can safely say that there will never be a chad or a stacy who listens to obscure music. and youre welcome bro, lemme know what you think!

• +1
if youre good looking then you can get away with a lot of stuff tbh

both are non nt tbh, except for your no15 pick. though i listen to these bands (in bold)
Even if the said good-looking guy smells of Cheetos, doesn't wash his long hair, has acne all over his face and wears an MLP t-shirt?

Fairs. What makes our tastes non NT?
And of course, no. 15 is hip hop. many chads love hip hop.

Glad to see a shoegaze lover on here!

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Gengar
practically every guy here listens to rap music, including the ugly guys. we can safely say that there will never be a chad or a stacy who listens to obscure music. and youre welcome bro, lemme know what you think!
Watching oldboy now, it's on the same level apparently from watching the trailer and reading the comments, it has the same actor from i saw the devil whos a pyscho

• +1
Korean movies fucking mog hollywood to hell and back.
idk why i read that as "bollywood" :ROFLMAO:but thats true bro. have you ever watched "the man from nowhere"? if not you should watch it, its also a good movie. im gonna watch it with my friends on saturday. i can get you a link if you want to watch it online. its also from 2010.

• JFL
Watching oldboy now, it's on the same level apparently from watching the trailer and reading the comments, it has the same actor from i saw the devil whos a pyscho
oldboy is also a good one, and yeah haha that psychos name is choi min-sik. oldboy is based on a manga though so its not really a south korean product.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane and Hozay
idk why i read that as "bollywood" :ROFLMAO:but thats true bro. have you ever watched "the man from nowhere"? if not you should watch it, its also a good movie. im gonna watch it with my friends on saturday. i can get you a link if you want to watch it online. its also from 2010.
Are you indian?

Also please may I have the link too? Thanks in advance

Agreed with this. But what if you met a Chad who likes obscure doom metal bands?
If you had to estimate our PSLs just based on music taste, what would you think we both are?

• +1
Even if the said good-looking guy smells of Cheetos, doesn't wash his long hair, has acne all over his face and wears an MLP t-shirt?

Fairs. What makes our tastes non NT?
And of course, no. 15 is hip hop. many chads love hip hop.

Glad to see a shoegaze lover on here!
no bro if the good looking guy lacks basic hygiene then he will also repel women. what makes your tastes non-nt is that its fairly unpopular music. its either obscure or old. and yeah i love shoegaze! haha.

• +1
Are you indian?

Also please may I have the link too? Thanks in advance

Agreed with this. But what if you met a Chad who likes obscure doom metal bands?
If you had to estimate our PSLs just based on music taste, what would you think we both are?
im pakistani (inb4 "thats the same thing bro") and of course! heres the link, its got english subs. https://kissasians.org/watch/the-man-from-nowhere-2010-episode-1/

i dont think ill ever meet a chad who likes obscure doom metal bands. based on your music tastes however i would say youre both high-tier normies!

• +1
no bro if the good looking guy lacks basic hygiene then he will also repel women. what makes your tastes non-nt is that its fairly unpopular music. its either obscure or old. and yeah i love shoegaze! haha.
I see, I see. A friend introduced me to shoegaze and I'm hooked.
I mean, most of my tastes revolve around metal and gothic rock. I do also listen to dark techno/trance, but they weren't in my top 15.

im pakistani (inb4 "thats the same thing bro") and of course! heres the link, its got english subs. https://kissasians.org/watch/the-man-from-nowhere-2010-episode-1/

i dont think ill ever meet a chad who likes obscure doom metal bands. based on your music tastes however i would say youre both high-tier normies!
Thank you so much for the link :owo: I'll check it out and I'll probably invite my gf over to have a look at it together!
Neither would I tbh. I mean I do think my gf is beautiful but if she were to be rated by lookists she'd be rated a high-tier becky.
I've been rated most often a PSL 6 chadlite, but I think that's a bit of a stretch. I don't look very NT though.

• +1