Music was of a much higher pedigree before music videos

wagbox

wagbox

Creator of the bluepill

Jethro Tull had back to back #1 albums in 1972 and 1973. You'll see in the video that they aren't an attractive group by any means but are thousands of times more sonically interesting than any artist at #1 today.

What caused this downfall?

• +1
Reactions: Ponder
cope. I only listen to EDM, rawstyle and deathmetal tho so I have nothing to compare against

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj, Ponder and Deleted member 1476
cope. I only listen to EDM, rawstyle and deathmetal tho so I have nothing to compare against
Not cope. It's about what's popular, and Jethro Tull was one of the biggest bands of the 70s. They had an album consisting of a single 40 minute song go to #1. That means the vast majority of music listeners actually had an attention span longer than 3 minutes and didn't solely care about how pretty the artist was. None of the genres you listed are at #1 on Billboard right now. Clearly there has been a degradation in quality of some sort, and there's a good chance this was done intentionally to create a degenerate culture devoid of art.

Last edited:
Sonically interesting and complex does not equal good. This song didn't do anything for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11221 and Deleted member 8904
Sonically interesting and complex does not equal good. This song didn't do anything for me
I wouldn't expect it to do much for a listener from the modern era. Notice how it actually did do something for listeners when people had a greater attention span and ability to... listen? Hint hint?

I wouldn't expect it to do much for a listener from the modern era. Notice how it actually did do something for listeners when people had a greater attention span and ability to... listen? Hint hint?
They had to listen to this crap because EDM hadn't been invented yet

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11221 and datboijj

Jethro Tull had back to back #1 albums in 1972 and 1973. You'll see in the video that they aren't an attractive group by any means but are thousands of times more sonically interesting than any artist at #1 today.

What caused this downfall?

top male musicians arent that attractive nowadays aswell

They had to listen to this crap because EDM hadn't been invented yet
Your music has no soul and still isn't even popular lol. Nobody now is listening to EDM they're listening to Doja Cat and the Weeknd

Imagine writing off incredible music because you are too low IQ to understand the layers behind it and instead opt for loud noises under simple chord progressions all in 4/4. I feel sorry for you

Last edited:
top male musicians arent that attractive nowadays aswell
Only Ed Sheeran and Drake come to mind

Plus their music is dumbed down as hell compared to the prog rock bands of the 70s

Only Ed Sheeran and Drake come to mind

Plus their music is dumbed down as hell compared to the prog rock bands of the 70s
mac miller, jay-z (probably a lot of other niggas that i cant name), post malone just to name a few

mac miller, jay-z (probably a lot of other niggas that i cant name), post malone just to name a few
They aren't allowed to be unattractive AND actually have thought provoking music. They all make the same boring shit their record company and the general public demands from them rather than exploring new soundscapes as was standard back in the day. Plus the only one still relevant in 2020 of those is Post Malone.

What once enabled you to be #1 in the early 70s is now a recipe for failure in 2020. That's why I made this thread; to ask why that is

cope

Tekashi 6ix9ine lyric mogs this faggot to the moon and back

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj, wagbox, Ponder and 1 other person
Your music has no soul and still isn't even popular lol. Nobody now is listening to EDM they're listening to Doja Cat and the Weeknd

Imagine writing off incredible music because you are too low IQ to understand the layers behind it and instead opt for loud noises under simple chord progressions all in 4/4. I feel sorry for you
I was just kidding man. Calling it "crap" was tongue in cheek. From a musical perspective I do think it's a good and very interesting song. And I know because I make music myself, know music theory and pay attention to detail.

But I still enjoy modern music more for whatever reason. My only enjoyment from this song comes from recognizing its interestingness. Not so much from the music itself. It's just not my taste

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11221 and wagbox