My biggest dream of all time is an early death

coldandforgotten

coldandforgotten

Iron
I wanna leave everything and everyone.

An escape from everyone and everything.

Sometimes man I tear up thinking of How beautiful the idea of death really is. As 2pac said «Why is it sad that they are dead? They are gone and away from all evil.»

Like there is no evil shit happening, neither any good shit is happening - you’re just dead. It’s calm and nothingness. Death is excactly How things were before you were born you know? Just nothingness

No competition, no murder, no jealousy, no creepy weird shit, no hatred, no rape shit, no robbery shit, no gossipping, no fake people, simply a painless everlasting nothingness as a state of mind.

Man I can’t wait to die.

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, incel194012940, aspiringexcel and 4 others
Does any1 see death the same way?

• Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj
Bump

• WTF
brutal + 0

• +1
Michael: Kenneth, how do you feel about yournightly unconsciousness?

Kenneth: I think it’s wonderful!

Michael: Right? I mean, I don’t think I can saythere’s anything else I enjoy more [laughs] than that kind of absolute offswitch of deep sleep.

Kenneth: Right, the absolute off switch. There’s nodownside to it when you’re in it.

Michael: Would you agree? I’m not saying I crave itexactly, but it’s definitely an extremely delicious nothing.

Kenneth: I so agree that I find it puzzling that theidea of oblivion is frightening – and I know it is; I know for a lot of peoplethat’s a terribly frightening idea. And it’s problematic when I say, as Isometimes do, that the subjective experience, if you will, of oblivion, isexactly the same as the subjective experience or lack of experience of nirvāṇa.

Michael: Yeah, that is the same idea, right? Nirvāṇa is oblivion. It actually means oblivion.

Kenneth: I agree, and that’s surprisingly notwell-understood or not well-known especially, I think, among Western Buddhists.

Michael: Yeah, we’re all polluted by an idea ofheaven.

Kenneth: Yes. And even if you say that the originalmeaning of the word nibbāna or nirvāṇa, depending on whether it’sPali language or Sanskrit, if you say that this is what it means, it means theabsence of experience, people will argue with you about that. They’ll say, “No,it couldn’t possibly mean that. It never did mean that.” So all we have to dois accept that one legitimate definition of nirvāṇa is “out like alight, no experience whatsoever,” even if we can also accept that some peoplemean something else by it, but that there is a very legitimate tradition inBuddhism, going back, I would argue, to the earliest Buddhists, that defined nirvāṇa as “lights out, no experience.”

Michael: Yeah, the earliest Buddhists, including theBuddha, right? For the record, as you’re mentioning, nirvāṇa literallymeans “to blow out.” It literally means “extinction,” like blowing out a candleflame.

Kenneth: Blowing out like a candle, yes.

Michael: Gone.
Kenneth: So suffering is certainly suspended in thatmoment by this definition of suffering. And interestingly, variouscontemplative traditions teach you to train the mind in various ways to achieveunconsciousness. As odd as that may seem to some, I would argue that in TheravādaBuddhism one of the main interpretations of nirvāṇa or nibbāna in Pali is “out like alight” – complete unconsciousness. You have exactly the same consciousness as arock, which is to say none. And there is no suffering in that situation.

Michael: That’s right. And “out like a light” is even the literaltranslation of nibbāna. And I would also add in that the Hindu conceptof nirvikalpa is something along the same lines – some kind of totalblackout, at least for a moment.

Kenneth: Yes. And in the Mahasi tradition of Burmese TheravādaBuddhism they teach you to access a blackout. They equate that with nibbāna.They say that is nibbāna or nirvāṇa. And they call it cessation.That’s another thing that’s called, or nirodha. And it’s a highlyrevered condition. I’m hesitating to call it a state because I imagine thatmight require someone to have that state, and here we just havenon-experience.

Michael: But we could say that it’s a state of the organism.

Kenneth: Okay, yes. It’s a state of the organism of complete andutter unconsciousness. Now, this leads into a really interesting discussionabout nirvāṇa and about popular ideas of what nirvāṇa is. I’mgoing to return to the rest of the conditions for suffering in a minute, butlet’s take a little side trip here and talk about nirvāṇa.

Michael: Yeah, let’s talk about nirvāṇa. And remember, forthose who don’t know, that nirvāṇa is the Sanskrit way of saying nibbāna,so they’re identical terms.

Kenneth: Okay. Yes. So nirvāṇa or nibbāna, it’salmost universally misunderstood as something I’m going to like.

Michael: “It’s heaven!”

Kenneth: It’s heaven. So those of us who are immersed in Christianculture will naturally superimpose our ideas of heaven onto nirvāṇa.

Michael: And I would contend that it’s not just Christian culturethat does that, but even popular Asian Buddhist culture seems to feel that nibbāna or nirvāṇa is a nice place.

Kenneth: Right. And this is surprisingly hard to counter. Ifsomeone has that idea, you can tell them, “Well, no, I’m pretty sure that’s notwhat’s meant by the word nirvāṇa. Nirvāṇa is lights out,” and theywill naturally then think, “Oh, well, lights out in some way that I’m notreally there, but some essence that is the real essence of me is there andliking it.”

Michael: There’s an awareness of how wonderful theblanked-out-ness is or something like that.

Kenneth: Right, there’s an awareness – maybe there’s some unionwith Brahman or union with Godhead that is somehow aware of how wonderful it isthat I’m blanked out. But that isn’t what it means. It means you’re just as outas you are when you go to sleep at night and don’t dream. And in fact there’s areally cool story that Sayadaw U Pandita tells in his book, In This VeryLife, about the sleeping millionaire, which illustrates this really well.

Michael: Tell us that story, Kenneth.

Kenneth: Okay. So the sleeping millionaire, you imagine this guy –let’s call him a billionaire, because millionaires are no big deal nowadays. Sothe sleeping billionaire…

Michael: Presumably this billionaire invested early in Bitcoin.

Kenneth: [laughs] Yes, and now he’s cashed in. So at the beginningof the story, he instructs his servants to prepare a great feast and invite allof his friends over for dinner. Then the billionaire goes up to his room andtakes a nap. Now, while the billionaire is sleeping, the servants prepare thiswonderful meal with all the billionaire’s favorite foods, and invite all of hisfriends over. At some point the main servant comes up, wakes up the sleepingbillionaire, and says, “It’s time! We’ve prepared your favorite foods and all yourfavorite friends are here.” What do you imagine the billionaire’s reaction isupon being woken up?

Michael: “Great!”

Kenneth: Well, actually, no. The billionaire’s reaction is, “Howdare you wake me up! I was completely, blissfully asleep, utterly out like alight.”

Michael: He didn’t like being awoken from his deep sleep.

Kenneth: He didn’t. And I think we can all relate to that. Wedon’t like it. It’s so amazingly good to not be conscious. That seemscounterintuitive unless you actually feel your way into it and realize that weall have that experience. It doesn’t matter how great it is, what’s about tohappen when you wake up. It’s almost always, “Oh, God. I’m awake again.”

Michael: Yes. I’m a big fan of naps, and even in a short nap, I gointo 100% blackout unconsciousness, and it’s really one of my favorite momentsof the day, I have to say.

Last edited:
How can you be certain in this theory?

Majority of near-death-experiences say that there is reincarnation:sick:

• +1
Reactions: rhinoplasty, datboijj and aspiringexcel
Early death if i go to heaven

Just convince me that there's no judgement day lmfao

People like Ramirez who is often praised here will put his eyes to rest just like that?!

People like Ramirez who is often praised here will put his eyes to rest just like that?!
Cope normie

I see what you mean, man. I have mixed feelings about death. Like, I think it is somewhat naive to think that it also may not be a judgement day, because we have horrible people on this earth and are they just supposed to die and not have any consequences? We also have people who are poor and barely gets any food because of war and has never experienced any sort of happiness, so are they just supposed to die and not get any reward in the afterlife?

These are two contradictory thoughts I have around death. Btw are you religious?

Most incels will die in their late 40s to early 60s out of health conditions normal people will be fine with because of a weakened constitution from the chronic stress of isolation + low social status, lack of support system and lack of a will to survive

• JFL