My brutal NTmaxxing story from first semester of college

N8verBegan

N8verBegan

What the Sigma
I think there is nothing more brutal than getting dropped from a friend group. This takes me back to the beginning of my first semester of college. I was NTmaxxing at the time, thinking that first semester of college is the best time to find a solid friend group, and I was fairly good at it. I was talking to literally everyone. At bus stops, classes, campus events just everywhere, and I made sure to get their snaps jfl. When frats were opening up rush parties, Id msg them to meet up so we can all go to parties together. I was initially the leader of the group, and I was bulking at the time, so this 5’6 gymmaxxed friend (was a friend lol) of mine was praising me all the time for being so big and buff jfl. Then I meet this guy ill call Sam. He was a fairly average looking guy, but he was NTmaxxed to the gills. He had 2000 followers and had 400 likes on every post. Naturally, as he was more NT and outgoing, he takes over my spot in the friend group. And apparently they liked him more than me lol, so whenever he suggested a plan in the group chat, theyd agree w him but never respond to my chats. Long story short, they make a second groupchat w/o me and just totally abandon me. All of them likes his insta posts whenever he posts one, but none of them ever likes mine jfl which is just brutal. After all that effort of making plans and making myself outgoing, it resulted in nothing. NOTHING, except just one genuine friend I luckily made. This is why I will no longer try to make it into a friend group. It just never works. You either just naturally fit into the group or don’t. If you are white, u will never fit into an asian friend group. If ur asian/white, u will never fit into black friend group, and so on. Even when I joined my frat, it was difficult to make deep meaningful relationships with individual brothers. Tbh, if it wasnt the brotherhood, these shallow friendships woulda ended in like a couple of weeks. It’s just brutal knowing that I only have two genuine friends after all the work.

Share your stories so I can cope

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aleksander, bradpittshairline, gribsufer1 and 5 others
focus on vibing with individuals intead of groups. im still confused about wtf u did and how u "made a new friend group" and then got replaced so quickly.

my guess is this "friend group" only existed in your head - you ended up being the guy organizing events for others who ended up bonding well with each other while u just remained an "organizer" of sorts. its weird they ignore you tho - maybe you are letting your hurt show in some way which makes it awkward for them to continue wanting to hang

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
focus on vibing with individuals intead of groups. im still confused about wtf u did and how u "made a new friend group" and then got replaced so quickly.

my guess is this "friend group" only existed in your head - you ended up being the guy organizing events for others who ended up bonding well with each other while u just remained an "organizer" of sorts. its weird they ignore you tho - maybe you are letting your hurt show in some way which makes it awkward for them to continue wanting to hang
No I literally called one of the friends to hit the gym together at a certain time, and he never showed up. When I confronted him he jst said he forgot. This happend twice. Whenever I msged someone to hang theyd jst say their busy or whatever. I would love to know why they left me lol.

It's because they saw you browsing this forum Op

well on the first day of college for me i had to go to an “orientation”. i absolutely hate public speaking and it sends me into a panic attack. and now during this orientation apparently now we have to go around in a lecture hall full of prob 80 kids and teachers, introduce, and talk about ourselves. my turn comes and i feel my heart racing and face completely red and i completely blank JFL. i must have looked like a total retard. but even after this i was able to find a decent friend group so I am sure you can find a new one as well.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars and N8verBegan
No I literally called one of the friends to hit the gym together at a certain time, and he never showed up. When I confronted him he jst said he forgot. This happend twice. Whenever I msged someone to hang theyd jst say their busy or whatever. I would love to know why they left me lol.
can only imagine its something really weird u did that they dont want to confront u about and just ghost you. for example some of my friends started avoiding this dude who hangs out with 15 year old girls as a 22 year old. i cba confronting him about it just avoid him.

so try to think of something u did, maybe not as serious, that could make them want to avoid you - maybe some opinion u shared?

in any case, focus on making individual friends - its easier to be yourself without being judged like u would by a group (that u met at the same time)

• +1
Reactions: N8verBegan
You let competition get to your head and became less likeable as a result.

• JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing

freshman friends groups dont last aftr the first semester, whatvr OP expeerienced is veery common

• +1
Reactions: mogstars, szolliontaraelis and Allornothing
freshman friends groups dont last aftr the first semester, whatvr OP expeerienced is veery common
did you read the post? his friend group lasted all right, they just dropped him.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
did you read the post? his friend group lasted all right, they just dropped him.
thats a part of it, u cant control how people react after a point

Focus on looksmaxing faggot.

• JFL
Reactions: mogstars
This is true.