My chin wing experience

K

kingofkings

Iron
Disclaimer: No pictures are posted and they won't be shared privately.

A few years ago, I underwent a chin wing procedure with Dr. Z. I'd like to share my experience, offering both positives and a cautionary note.

The Positives:
  • Dramatic Advancement: The change in my profile was dramatic af. I was pretty damn recessed and I now have a strong profile.
  • Natural-Looking Results: Dr. Z performed a chin wing without side wings, along with a chin shield to prevent excessive depth. The result is incredibly natural. My chin is now aesthetically ideal – any further advancement would be too much. Any less and I would have wished it was more. Dude has an aesthetic eye for sure.
  • Hyoid positioning improved
  • Improved Jawline: The surgery also involved dropping my jaw at the back, creating a stronger, more defined jawline and a less rounded face overall.
  • No Obvious Resorption: Years later, my chin appears just as strong as it did immediately after surgery. There's been no visually noticeable resorption.
  • Undetectable Enhancement: Multiple long-term partners couldn't guess I'd had surgery. They either thought I was joking or didn't notice anything. This is definitely a procedure where you don't have to worry about looking fake or unnatural.
I'm going to put this as a separate stand-alone comment: my overall appearance changed drastically. I told not a single soul outside my family about this procedure. I spent 4/5 weeks away from friends. The first friend I saw after the procedure straight up said to me what the fuck happened, you look like a different person. Be aware if you receive an aggressive chin wing you may come out looking quite different.

Lastly, my success with women went WAY up. Which in turn increased my natural confidence, which in turn led to me being even more successful. It hasn't transformed me into a top tier model, but I can now get numbers from attractive women and I'm no longer invisible. I'm sure some people get this procedure done and they aren't much better looking but for me I had a decent base (good eyes, nose, harmony, 6'3) but a very weak jaw, so it helped me a lot.

The Negatives:
  • Lingering Numbness and Nerve Damage: This is my biggest concern. My chin remains partially numb with some surrounding nerve damage and pain, even after several years. I don't recall seeing any other patients with this issue. I suspect Dr. Z may have over-advanced my chin.
  • Minor Step-Off at the Gonions: While not easily visible, I can feel a slight step-off at the jaw angles.
Future Plans:

I'm now considering jaw angle implants to add volume and flare to my gonions, which I feel are still lacking. However, I'm aware this might be more complex given my previous chin wing surgery.

I'd recommend this procedure over a chin implant or a chin genioplasty. Just be realistic with what you expect out of the procedure and be mindful there are some risks.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: researcher888, boss8055, F36 and 3 others
would u at least pm results ?

can you pm results? tnx

is this legit for getting a wider jaw or should i go for jaw implants

congrats. are you scared about getting hit in the chin or about the fact you have permanent plates and screws in there?

No pics no care.

is this legit for getting a wider jaw or should i go for jaw implants

A chin wing can definitely widen your jaw. Mine is wider and that was from a pure chin wing with no side wing.

But in terms of volume, nothing can match a jaw implant. The problem with jaw implants is 80% of them look like dog shit.

A chin wing can definitely widen your jaw. Mine is wider and that was from a pure chin wing with no side wing.

But in terms of volume, nothing can match a jaw implant. The problem with jaw implants is 80% of them look like dog shit.
true true even fillers are better than jaw implants + they they can stick out and fuck up ur bone shit sucks

congrats. are you scared about getting hit in the chin or about the fact you have permanent plates and screws in there?
Haha no. I've never been in a physical fight in my adult life so it's not something I'm worried about. I would imagine by now it's been so many years that the bone is fused completely and isn't much weaker than a normal chin. Literally give 0 fucks.

As for the permanent plates and screws I did consider removing them but Dr Z advised me to leave them in as removing them can cause new problems and is tricky. Now it's probably too late as it's been years.

I don't know if it's standard or if it's changed, but back when I had my chin wing done Dr Z used a TON of screws. He didn't tell me this at the time but I later got a scan done by a different doctor and I was shocked at how many screws there are in my chin.

A few years ago, I underwent a chin wing procedure with Dr. Z. I'd like to share my experience, offering both positives and a cautionary note.

The Positives:
  • Dramatic Advancement: The change in my profile was dramatic af. I was pretty damn recessed and I now have a strong profile.
  • Natural-Looking Results: Dr. Z performed a chin wing without side wings, along with a chin shield to prevent excessive depth. The result is incredibly natural. My chin is now aesthetically ideal – any further advancement would be too much. Any less and I would have wished it was more. Dude has an aesthetic eye for sure.
  • Improved Jawline: The surgery also involved dropping my jaw at the back, creating a stronger, more defined jawline and a less rounded face overall.
  • No Obvious Resorption: Years later, my chin appears just as strong as it did immediately after surgery. There's been no visually noticeable resorption.
  • Undetectable Enhancement: Multiple long-term partners couldn't guess I'd had surgery. They either thought I was joking or didn't notice anything. This is definitely a procedure where you don't have to worry about looking fake or unnatural.
I'm going to put this as a separate stand-alone comment: my overall appearance changed drastically. I told not a single soul outside my family about this procedure. I spent 4/5 weeks away from friends. The first friend I saw after the procedure straight up said to me what the fuck happened, you look like a different person. Be aware if you receive an aggressive chin wing you may come out looking quite different.

Lastly, my success with women went WAY up. Which in turn increased my natural confidence, which in turn led to me being even more successful. It hasn't transformed me into a top tier model, but I can now get numbers from attractive women and I'm no longer invisible. I'm sure some people get this procedure done and they aren't much better looking but for me I had a decent base (good eyes, nose, harmony, 6'3) but a very weak jaw, so it helped me a lot.

The Negatives:
  • Lingering Numbness and Nerve Damage: This is my biggest concern. My chin remains partially numb with some surrounding nerve damage and pain, even after several years. I don't recall seeing any other patients with this issue. I suspect Dr. Z may have over-advanced my chin.
  • Minor Step-Off at the Gonions: While not easily visible, I can feel a slight step-off at the jaw angles.
Future Plans:

I'm now considering jaw angle implants to add volume and flare to my gonions, which I feel are still lacking. However, I'm aware this might be more complex given my previous chin wing surgery.

I'd recommend this procedure over a chin implant or a chin genioplasty. Just be realistic with what you expect out of the procedure and be mindful there are some risks.

is the nerve damage lesser compared to genio??

also how was the recovery?

The Positives:

The Negatives:
Future Plans:

Proof you are not “Doctor Z”? Your profile has a low amount of posts

• Love it
Reactions: fentmaxxer289
op could you dm me your pics?

why not post before and after of ur lower third only no way is anyone gonna dox u with that

is the nerve damage lesser compared to genio??

also how was the recovery?
I've no idea about how it would compare to a genio for nerve damage. I would imagine though the bigger the advancement the more risk. I'd strongly recommend a chin wing over a genio unless you're a girl. I've known of more than one girl who's gotten these done and they've been unhappy as their jaw now looked a bit too masculine.

Regarding the recovery process, it's pretty much the standard stuff posted about this procedure: I experienced increasing swelling and bruising each day, which peaked around the 4th or 5th day, then began to subside. My face was bandaged for the first 48 hours, but I could still glimpse my new chin and was pleased with the forward projection.

Pain wasn't bad.

The hard part is your mouth. Anything involving your mouth will take a long time to return to normal in terms of opening it, chewing, talking etc. Dr Z made a point of measuring how far I can open my mouth before the procedure. I assumed this is because people have a lot of issues with mouth opening afterwards and that's right. It took me a few weeks until I was able to open my mouth fully. You're also looking at 3 to 4 weeks before you can chew food. I had a lot of numbness near my chin area. A bunch of it went away over the next few months. But some of it is permanent.

To give a rough idea, I was back at work exactly 3 weeks after the procedure.

There was discomfort where bone was harvested from my hip. I still felt pain while walking even after 2 months. I've spoke to others about this, and it seems vary a lot from person to person. Seems like smaller people don't notice it much as there is less load on their hip join because they're lighter in weight.

It's an exciting period getting to see what your new face looks like as the swelling goes down. Patience is the key. By 2 weeks, you'll have a good sense of your new appearance—about 80% of the final result. However, micro swelling will persist for months. Your chin might appear slightly less projected after a few weeks, and your face shape will subtly change. Dr. Z advised waiting 2 to 3 months to assess the outcome and said it can be up to 6 months to get the final result. I feel like my result was pretty finalized by 2 months.

Proof you are not “Doctor Z”? Your profile has a low amount of posts
Lmao. Use your brain.

On a related note - would I recommend Dr Z? I'm actually not sure. Aesthetically he delivered an excellent result, but as mentioned I'm left with permanent numbness and other nerve issues. People may hand-wave that, but it's no joke. I kind of "moved on" from all this looksmaxing stuff after this procedure. So I think that's the ultimate way of knowing something has been successful. I guess I'm getting sucked back into it after a few years as I contemplate jaw angle implants but all in all I'd consider myself free from this bullshit.

Last edited: