My consensus on bimax...

D

Deleted member 20064

I gave up love and happiness a long time ago
I have not seen one guy improve dramatically from a normal side profile.
I have only seen deformed / under-average side profiles improve.

Generally if your side profile is deformed than you can gain around 0-2 psl
However if your side profile is normal than you literally only have a little increase and sometimes even a decrease in attractiveness.
There have even been cases of people looking worse after bimax!

Basically it just doesn't seem worth it at all if your side profile is considered normal and you should opt for fillers/implants as it will just save time and money. That time pill is brutal. And the chances are after bimax if you're not happy than you will most likely need to get jaw implants anyway, costing even more time and money. All for a slightly better FDHR ratio which nobody will notice unless you are deformed.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Nims, It'snotover and Deleted member 18879
Normal bimax is cope, you need bimaxillary rotation advancement where they can move your jaws more than 20mm's forward instead of 5-10 mm's.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
shit consensus, the people that gain the most are the ones with a good lower third who need a slight advancement in the lower jaw and upper jaw, to fix a crooked nose etc and fix asymmetry

ones who benefit the most are already somewhat gl

• Hmm...
Reactions: coolguy1
shit consensus, the people that gain the most are the ones with a good lower third who need a slight advancement in the lower jaw and upper jaw, to fix a crooked nose etc and fix asymmetry

ones who benefit the most are already somewhat gl
The person you're describing, crooked nose and asymmetric, doesn't sound reasonably "normal". I would say it leans more towards deformed if they have asymmetries and a crooked nose, even sounds recessed to me.

However, if they generally do have a "good side profile", then they would benefit LESS with a bimax as their side profile is already good.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member
The person you're describing, crooked nose and asymmetric, doesn't sound reasonably "normal". I would say it leans more towards deformed if they have asymmetries and a crooked nose, even sounds recessed to me.

However, if they generally do have a "good side profile", then they would benefit LESS with a bimax as their side profile is already good.
how about I pm you a pic

Are you a bimax expert? Might need your help. I’m recessed but I don’t look like it at first glance

how about I pm you a pic

Are you a bimax expert? Might need your help. I’m recessed but I don’t look like it at first glance
I am not a expert in bimax. Generally a good side profile is made up of two features. Anteface and FDHR. If your FDHR is ideal then a bimax doesn't really help you that much and you'd be better off with an implant. I can go way more in-depth but keeping it simple is a phrase i like to live by ngl.

• Woah
Reactions: Nims
What about CCW rotation to fix high gonial angle? Is it beneficial in that case?

What about CCW rotation to fix high gonial angle? Is it beneficial in that case?
If your gonial angle is outside the normal range perhaps. However, an implant can improve the angle.

Idk if I qualify for normal or deformed however in my case it is simple: ccwr trimax with ramus widening OR DEATH

The difference between an average and forward grown maxilla is literally millimeters which is why it's comical to break your face open for and often it makes the nose look worse. Most people don't actually need forward movements they need a rotation of the maxilla only and a genioplasty. It's not at all as simple as it seems to fix because most people's genetics are so absolutely done for

The difference between an average and forward grown maxilla is literally millimeters which is why it's comical to break your face open for and often it makes the nose look worse. Most people don't actually need forward movements they need a rotation of the maxilla only and a genioplasty. It's not at all as simple as it seems to fix because most people's genetics are so absolutely done for
so if i am ‘average’ recessed i’d be better with implants or even fillers?

Surgery has always been to fix failos not create halos

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1, looksseg and Oberyn
shit thread

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
If your gonial angle is outside the normal range perhaps. However, an implant can improve the angle.
An implant doesn't improve the vertically grown midface though, which would be improved with ccw bimax

I have not seen one guy improve dramatically from a normal side profile.
I have only seen deformed / under-average side profiles improve.

Generally if your side profile is deformed than you can gain around 0-2 psl
However if your side profile is normal than you literally only have a little increase and sometimes even a decrease in attractiveness.
There have even been cases of people looking worse after bimax!

Basically it just doesn't seem worth it at all if your side profile is considered normal and you should opt for fillers/implants as it will just save time and money. That time pill is brutal. And the chances are after bimax if you're not happy than you will most likely need to get jaw implants anyway, costing even more time and money. All for a slightly better FDHR ratio which nobody will notice unless you are deformed.
People that don't need bimax shouldn't get it?? Damn bro never thought of that.
Lot of guys on here forget that bimax isn't a cosmetic surgery.

• JFL
Reactions: Oberyn