My dentist referred me to a plastic surgeon for a problem in my jaw.

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
He said that there was a deviation when opening my right jaw and my right jaw is less developed than my left jaw, I know this and I am younger than 18 years old, I don't know what they were talking about because the doctor called my father and the doctor told the plastic surgeon a sentence that included an injection. Could this be a bone graft or what do you think he said?

I think he was talking about the muscles being asymmetrically grown. He may want to inject botox in the masseter muscle from one side of the face to atrophy it.

• +1
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
DOUBLE JAW SURGERY OR DEATH

I think he was talking about the muscles being asymmetrically grown. He may want to inject botox in the masseter muscle from one side of the face to atrophy it.
There is chin asymmetry, not muscle asymmetry, and we know that botox is temporary and expensive, I think he must have said something else and

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
because injection dont fix the underlying issue. also you are still growing. I would wait till you are more developed
What can jaw surgery do?

It can fix the underdeveloped side. I would wait for it till you are a little older.
I know that for bone asymmetry, rasping the bone (more developed part) or implanting the underdeveloped part is done and the plastic surgeon does it

I know that for bone asymmetry, rasping the bone (more developed part) or implanting the underdeveloped part is done and the plastic surgeon does it
i would rather do a side ways movement than shaving part of the developed bone

• +1
There is chin asymmetry, not muscle asymmetry, and we know that botox is temporary and expensive, I think he must have said something else and
Maybe you are right. What I said is still a possibility, though now you mention the chin asymmetry it's possible he was referring to a different muscle, IF he was talking about muscles in the first place.
Botox is temporary but some of its effects aren't necessarily temporary. Unless you keep chewing more on that side of the face, the muscle should stay or become symmetrical after botox is eliminated.
Tbh even if is about botox like I said, there could still be bone asymmetry that he noticed, like ramus and chin asymmetry and he was worried about you developing TMJd

• +1
Maybe you are right. What I said is still a possibility, though now you mention the chin asymmetry it's possible he was referring to a different muscle, IF he was talking about muscles in the first place.
Botox is temporary but some of its effects aren't necessarily temporary. Unless you keep chewing more on that side of the face, the muscle should stay or become symmetrical after botox is eliminated.
Tbh even if is about botox like I said, there could still be bone asymmetry that he noticed, like ramus and chin asymmetry and he was worried about you developing TMJd
If I ask the doctor to implant, do you think I'm under 18 years old and my jaw problem seems serious.

If I ask the doctor to implant, do you think I'm under 18 years old and my jaw problem seems serious.
no chances to get implants under 18 tbh. but if your bite isn't good then you may get jaw surgery, and for free if your insurance covers it. And because you are young you may get prescribed MSE, facemask or IMDO depending on your issue, which bear less risks than traditional jaw surgery.

• +1
no chances to get implants under 18 tbh. but if your bite isn't good then you may get jaw surgery, and for free if your insurance covers it. And because you are young you may get prescribed MSE, facemask or IMDO depending on your issue, which bear less risks than traditional jaw surgery.
What do you mean by jaw surgery?

What do you mean by jaw surgery?
in the case of a bite abnormality, where the upper teeth don't meet the lower teeth, I was referring to lefort 1 and / or BSSO to expand the jaws longitudinally
lefort 1

BSSO

But if you suffer from TMJd or bad enough jaw asymmetry, your doctor could recommend you undergo condylectomy to fix one side of the face being longer

IMDO can help with mandible asymmetry if you’re still young. Problem is not many surgeons do it, none in the USA.

• +1
What is IMDO