My experience with GABAergic compounds and social anxiety

A

ascension124

RTT + Height + NT = IRL Slayer
I've struggled with social anxiety since my teenage years. Would get really nervous and high inhib even around girls that liked me. Here is a list of compounds I have tried and what has helped. Feel free to add any other suggestions that might help with being low inhib on dates and confidence.

Alcohol - Probably the best overall as its easy to access and a drink or two can lower inhib without too many negative sides.

Phenibut - Works very well when you use it but can't be used often so not that helpful as you can only take it rarely.

Nicotine - Seems to give me a boost of energy but also spikes anxiety

Caffeine - Same as nic

Adderall - Makes me feel very confident and social but I can't take it at night because of sleep

Proplanalol - Seemed to lower my anxiety a bit but cant use for dates bc of ED issue

TRT Test (100-250) My confidence and low inhib is higher the lower my TRT. I noticed the best dose for me was 125 mg

High Test (300+) Absolutely horrible makes me feel more emotional, lethargic, and moody

Nowadays I just go to the dates sober and will have maybe 1 drink. If I feel nervous I'll have 1-2 glasses of wine before.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: slavicpsycho, LegitUser and enchanted_elixir
The thing that honestly helped me the most was knowing the girl is already into me and that I should just relax and have fun with her. I started treating it like meeting any other friend. I told myself even if it went bad I'd find another girl I liked. This helped fix my anxiety more than any of these compounds.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin and enchanted_elixir
I've tried nicotine pouches, vapes, and cigarettes but all of them have issues. What's the best way to consume nicotine?

opiates are perfect to rotate w gaba drugs for socialization, they are better than gaba drugs for charisma and even some anxiety plus the small pupil halo if light eyes. only issue is libido if dose is too high but if small dose taken then it can make you last forver.

I've tried nicotine pouches, vapes, and cigarettes but all of them have issues. What's the best way to consume nicotine?
nicotine makes socializing worse w a tolerance. only worth it w no dependence

• +1
Reactions: ascension124
I've struggled with social anxiety since my teenage years. Would get really nervous and high inhib even around girls that liked me. Here is a list of compounds I have tried and what has helped. Feel free to add any other suggestions that might help with being low inhib on dates and confidence.

Alcohol - Probably the best overall as its easy to access and a drink or two can lower inhib without too many negative sides.

Phenibut - Works very well when you use it but can't be used often so not that helpful as you can only take it rarely.
the only real compounds on this list that will have a major effect on gaba

Caffeine - Same as nic

Adderall - Makes me feel very confident and social but I can't take it at night because of sleep
stimulants increase anxiety
Proplanalol - Seemed to lower my anxiety a bit but cant use for dates bc of ED issue
only works for physical manifestations of anxiety
High Test (300+) Absolutely horrible makes me feel more emotional, lethargic, and moody
probably too much aromatizing into estrogen

maybe try some MAOIs

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser and ascension124

maybe try some MAOIs
only maoi worth it is mitrazipne due to seratonin and possibly effexor for some outliers, others make u an annoying manic zombie, no benefit and rapes health.

maybe try some MAOIs
I also tried Lyrica and it was the worst thing I ever tried. Gave me really bad anxiety

• Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: User28823 and Medatlantoid
Stacking 1-2g of phenibut with a few drinks and nicotine is probably the best overall but you can only do this every few weeks without experiencing brutal GABA crash

• +1
Reactions: RealNinja
opiates are perfect to rotate w gaba drugs for socialization, they are better than gaba drugs for charisma and even some anxiety plus the small pupil halo if light eyes. only issue is libido if dose is too high but if small dose taken then it can make you last forver.

opiates :lul:
you want him to be addicted?

only maoi worth it is mitrazipne due to seratonin and possibly effexor for some outliers, others make u an annoying manic zombie, no benefit and rapes health.
I also tried Lyrica and it was the worst thing I ever tried. Gave me really bad anxiety

different genetic polymorphisms determine ur reaction to any of these drugs so its trial and error at the end of the day

• +1
Reactions: Medatlantoid
You know there’s GABA powder as a supplement

benzos are 10x worse for addiction, just awful for the body long term. whereas opis can be taken w/ basically no physiological damage apart from the stress of withdrawal. benzosa are bad especially due to kindling/ and permanent gaba destruction- though opiates have more of a psychological grab.

You know there’s GABA powder as a supplement
doesnt do shit

• +1
Reactions: ascension124 and enchanted_elixir
benzos are 10x worse for addiction, just awful for the body long term. whereas opis can be taken w/ basically no physiological damage apart from the stress of withdrawal. benzosa are bad especially due to kindling/ and permanent gaba destruction- though opiates have more of a psychological grab.

doesnt do shit
Not true. I’ve used it before

• JFL

That sounds like a bad idea. What compounds are you referring to?

clonidine is great for anxiety in general, it's non addictive, makes you feel euphoric, also gives you great sleep, slows heart rate etc even though I only used it for sleep. It dosent mess with dopa or serotonin it just inhibits norepinephrine

clonidine is great for anxiety in general, it's non addictive, makes you feel euphoric, also gives you great sleep, slows heart rate etc even though I only used it for sleep
Is this prescription? Can I use it daily?

they arent addictive if your the right person its cope until you actually try it and realise what it really is

OP should probably try pregab

• +1
they arent addictive if your the right person its cope until you actually try it and realise what it really is

OP should probably try pregab
Lyrica? I tried it and it gave me terrible anxiety

Is this prescription?
typically yeah although I get it over the counter irl withou prescription
Can I use it daily?
Yup, it's used mainly as an adhd drug, hypertension and etc, it's non stimulant too.
0.1mg is enough, you can take 0.2mg it will make you even more low inhib and euphoric but you may get drowsy, thats why its also used for insomnia.
Screenshot 2024 07 24 203423

Screenshot 2024 07 24 203537

Screenshot 2024 07 24 203554

Best raw milk

Caffeine - Same as nic

TRT Test (100-250) My confidence and low inhib is higher the lower my TRT. I noticed the best dose for me was 125 mg

Nowadays I just go to the dates sober and will have maybe 1 drink. If I feel nervous I'll have 1-2 glasses of wine before.

• JFL
Reactions: RealNinja and Medatlantoid
Lyrica? I tried it and it gave me terrible anxiety
brutal, so in summary phenibut is most effective (besides alc)? Took kratom and didnt really feel that much of a lowered inhib

• +1
brutal, so in summary phenibut is most effective (besides alc)? Took kratom and didnt really feel that much of a lowered inhib
Phenibut + 1-2 drinks + Nicotine + Caffeine

OP maybe try ketamine or coke tbh, coke helps me a lot

• JFL
Bro this sounds kind of like too much just for anxiety, are there any sides?
No bro, it literally dosent affect neurotransmitters like dopamine or serotonin like other adhd or anxiety drugs do, I've taken it for months without ANY problem, it just decreases norepinephrine and calms you down. Just dont take a high dosage, with 0.1mg you are completely fine. If you overdose then yeah you are going to be very drowsy and other effects you dont want.

• +1
That sounds like a bad idea. What compounds are you referring to?
maybe try a low dose kratom, much less risky than phenibut

typically yeah although I get it over the counter irl withou prescription

Yup, it's used mainly as an adhd drug, hypertension and etc, it's non stimulant too.
0.1mg is enough, you can take 0.2mg it will make you even more low inhib and euphoric but you may get drowsy, thats why its also used for insomnia.
View attachment 3050166
View attachment 3050167
View attachment 3050168
clonidine is like beta blockers but more effective, not really for going out. more like public speaking and theres absolutely no euphoria.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "social anxiety". You just have a subhuman ugly face

what dose phenibut do you take. i’ve tied it several times and never felt shit. took like 1.2 grams

what dose phenibut do you take. i’ve tied it several times and never felt shit. took like 1.2 grams
1.5-2g empty stomach with black coffee

• +1
Reactions: cashcow
No bro, it literally dosent affect neurotransmitters like dopamine or serotonin like other adhd or anxiety drugs do, I've taken it for months without ANY problem, it just decreases norepinephrine and calms you down. Just dont take a high dosage, with 0.1mg you are completely fine. If you overdose then yeah you are going to be very drowsy and other effects you dont want.
Thanks bro I'll try this

• +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs
Do they cause gum recession and bone loss? They started hurting my teeth a bit and caused sore gums.
idk abt gum recession, could cause like creases in the gum long term though. it will cause sore gums at first and may burn a little but that goes away.

i use them for mental clarity, metabolism and obv for feeding addiction.

idk abt gum recession, could cause like creases in the gum long term though. it will cause sore gums at first and may burn a little but that goes away.

i use them for mental clarity, metabolism and obv for feeding addiction.
How many pouches a day and how many mg?

Used to love phenibut but it stopped working for me. Would literally do anything to get the magic back, but I’ve taken 6 months off and it still wasn’t back.

Used to use it with caffeine before going out and having some drinks. I’m high inhib and it made me a social god

• +1
phenibut is shit compared to alcohol if you have severe anxiety

GHB is the superior GABAnergic compound. too bad it's illegal and hard to get

Used to love phenibut but it stopped working for me. Would literally do anything to get the magic back, but I’ve taken 6 months off and it still wasn’t back.

Used to use it with caffeine before going out and having some drinks. I’m high inhib and it made me a social god
Same here even after taking several months off it’s not the same

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin
Same here even after taking several months off it’s not the same
So this seems to be very common… everyone in the phenibut subreddit complains about the same thing the last 2-3 years. The timing is too much of a coincidence imo and I think something changed with the current formulations.

• Woah
So this seems to be very common… everyone in the phenibut subreddit complains about the same thing the last 2-3 years. The timing is too much of a coincidence imo and I think something changed with the current formulations.
I got it recently from science bio and it’s worked but I haven’t got the full effect