MY FACIAL HAIR GUIDE

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Your best facial hair style ultimately depends on your jaw + zygo prominence.

Good Jaw + Good Zygos
Clean Shaven
- You have top tier bones and therefore need to show them off. If you don’t have top tier bones and are clean shaven by choice, you’re making yourself look worse.
Example:

953F7979 176E 44B1 9C93 43EA8528FD15

Good Jaw + Average/below Zygos
Light stubble
- Your bone structure isn’t perfect but you have a solid jaw which still needs to be shown off. Light stubble creates definition/contours in the absence of zygos and also adds SMV.
Example:

75C5938F DA5D 43A9 9D78 B22BCC1BF4EB

Good Zygos + Average/below Jaw
Faded beard
- Short on the sides with more volume on the moustache + chin area. Pretty much what every Ethnic Insta Chad has, it comes with a major SMV boost. Usually paired with a fade haircut, it accentuates the zygos and eye area while adding volume to the chin and jaw.
Example:

7005DAB7 FFD1 49EB 9C9E D56EE7B767C6

Average/below Jaw + Zygos
Short, shaped beard
- Obviously not ideal but this is the best thing you can do i.e. facial hair; it will hide flaws and add some structure if shaped well.
Example (Bateman is obviously chad with top tier bones, I’m just showing the beard style you should get):

CC8EC64C E86A 4C8D A9D8 38C0B3756D77

This last bone structure type can also be due to you having a high bf% with the solution being LOSE THE FAT, I’ve include my fat loss guide at the bottom.

If you’re lean (~10%) and still have the last bone structure type, either have the beard or get surgery, up to you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: hydraiskami, Deleted member 27932, Acne Victim and 16 others
What about ass hair?

• JFL
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Descargue96 and Xangsane
Got any examples of guys with good zygos who are less attractive due to facial hair? I don’t grow stubble that high on my face so I’m not seeing how it’d be an issue.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Maesthetic and JamesHowlett
Got any examples of guys with good zygos who are less attractive due to facial hair? I don’t grow stubble that high on my face so I’m not seeing how it’d be an issue.
Not really tbh, also not growing stubble that high would be fine as with good Zygos you want the upper bit to be faded anyways.

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
Faded beard would ascend so many guys, especially since the biggest complaint here is lack of jaw.

Last edited:
I have good zygos and lower third and light stubble is the best for me

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett and RoyaleWithCheese
I have good zygos and lower third and light stubble is the best for me
That’s fine, having good bones means anything can work (same with haircuts), I’m just saying what would look best for majority of people.

Cillian Murphy and Chico are prime examples of clean shaven being best for them.

type of beard of this guy?

it's my goal

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
That’s fine, having good bones means anything can work (same with haircuts), I’m just saying what would look best for majority of people.

Cillian Murphy and Chico are prime examples of clean shaven being best for them.
Good thread, can you show some faded beard examples to show to my barber?

• +1

Good Jaw + Good Zygos
Clean Shaven
- You have top tier bones and therefore need to show them off. If you don’t have top tier bones and are clean shaven by choice, you’re making yourself look worse.
Example:

View attachment 1826299

Light stubble
- Your bone structure isn’t perfect but you have a solid jaw which still needs to be shown off. Light stubble creates definition/contours in the absence of zygos and also adds SMV.
Example:

View attachment 1826300

Faded beard
- Short on the sides with more volume on the moustache + chin area. Pretty much what every Ethnic Insta Chad has, it comes with a major SMV boost. Usually paired with a fade haircut, it accentuates the zygos and eye area while adding volume to the chin and jaw.
Example:

View attachment 1826301

Short, shaped beard
- Obviously not ideal but this is the best thing you can do i.e. facial hair; it will hide flaws and add some structure if shaped well.
Example (Bateman is obviously chad with top tier bones, I’m just showing the beard style you should get):

View attachment 1826302

This last bone structure type can also be due to you having a high bf% with the solution being LOSE THE FAT, I’ve include my fat loss guide at the bottom.

If you’re lean (~10%) and still have the last bone structure type, either have the beard or get surgery, up to you.

U put me on so many movies when I used to lurk this site. Just wanna take the chance to thank u:feelsgood:👍🏾

• Love it
U put me on so many movies when I used to lurk this site. Just wanna take the chance to thank u:feelsgood:👍🏾
No problem! Here’s my top 10, make sure you watch these lol
  1. Inception
  2. Interstellar
  3. The Prestige
  4. Forest Gump
  5. Arrival
  6. Logan
  7. Edge of Tomorrow
  8. Training Day
  9. Fight Club
  10. Looper

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, RoyaleWithCheese, Deleted member 20097 and 1 other person
Good thread, can you show some faded beard examples to show to my barber?
I see most of them on Instagram, here’s another one:
78EEB4CE AFF6 4A89 9B12 37CCBDA1F2F0

If you have good zygos/eyes but
lacking jaw, faded beard + hair is a cheat code.

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry
Good thread OP :feelsokman:

I would like to add that your jaw and zygos are not the ONLY factor to consider when choosing your facial hair style. You can have the best jaw but if your mouth area is fucked up you will still look bad with clean shave, but you will maybe look better with a light stubble.

• +1
Good thread OP :feelsokman:

I would like to add that your jaw and zygos are not the ONLY factor to consider when choosing your facial hair style. You can have the best jaw but if your mouth area is fucked up you will still look bad with clean shave, but you will maybe look better with a light stubble.
Yeah this is a valid point tbh, basically if you have a solid jaw, go with either clean shave or light stubble depending how n other factors (mouth area, ethnicity, etc).

Having said that, I believe Jaw and Zygos are the largest factors.

• +1
Reactions: Maesthetic
Do
No problem! Here’s my top 10, make sure you watch these lol
  1. Inception
  2. Interstellar
  3. The Prestige
  4. Forest Gump
  5. Arrival
  6. Logan
  7. Edge of Tomorrow
  8. Training Day
  9. Fight Club
  10. Looper
u have movies with great atmospheres like Donnie darko, ex machina, shit that allures you with the atmosphere.

Also I’ve watched most of these movies

• +1
Do

u have movies with great atmospheres like Donnie darko, ex machina, shit that allures you with the atmosphere.

Also I’ve watched most of these movies
I have a comprehensive list ordered by favourite genre which includes those movies, infact Sci Fi is my fave genre followed by Mystery/Thriller.

That list has like 200 movies on it lol

My list here is just my top 10

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20097
@kronos

Here’s my Sci Fi and Mystery/Thriller movies, watch all these and you’ll have a blast, great atmosphere

SCI-FI

Inception

Interstellar

Arrival

The Matrix

Looper

Edge of Tomorrow

Minority Report

The Martian

Donnie Darko

Predestination

World War Z

I Am Legend

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Bird Box

Limitless

Ex Machina

Annihilation

The Adjustment Bureau

Source Code

I Am Mother

12 Monkeys

THRILLER/MYSTERY

Shutter Island

Fight Club

Seven

The Game

Silence of the Lambs

Gone Girl

The Girl on the Train

Identity

Unknown

Taken

Prisoners

The 6th Sense

Knives Out

Zodiac

Memento

The Prestige

Nightcrawler

Mystic River

Insomnia

Black Swan

Zero Dark Thirty

Contagion

Mulholland Drive

The Machinist

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 20097
@kronos

Here’s my Sci Fi and Mystery/Thriller movies, watch all these and you’ll have a blast, great atmosphere

SCI-FI

Inception

Interstellar

Arrival

The Matrix

Looper

Edge of Tomorrow

Minority Report

The Martian

Donnie Darko

Predestination

World War Z

I Am Legend

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Bird Box

Limitless

Ex Machina

Annihilation

The Adjustment Bureau

Source Code

I Am Mother

12 Monkeys

THRILLER/MYSTERY

Shutter Island

Fight Club

Seven

The Game

Silence of the Lambs

Gone Girl

The Girl on the Train

Identity

Unknown

Taken

Prisoners

The 6th Sense

Knives Out

Zodiac

Memento

The Prestige

Nightcrawler

Mystic River

Insomnia

Black Swan

Zero Dark Thirty

Contagion

Mulholland Drive

The Machinist
just finished the Truman show, imma watch either world war z or edge of tomorrow rn. Which one is better?

• +1
Fuck it imma watch edge of tomorrow rn, it looks amazing

Good Jaw + Good Zygos
Clean Shaven
Example:

View attachment 1826299

Light stubble
Example:

View attachment 1826300

Faded beard
Example:

View attachment 1826301

Short, shaped beard

View attachment 1826302

Thank you Chad

• JFL
Reactions: Lawton88
just finished the Truman show, imma watch either world war z or edge of tomorrow rn. Which one is better?
Edge of Tomorrow

Finished
Any other time loop movies
Arrival
Looper
Minority report
Predestination

I’m jealous of you, would love to forget these movies and experience them again

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Deleted member 20097
What’s your point here?
Beardfrauding won't do shit if you are very ugly.

Growing a beard is cope for ethnics. It can't hide a shit jaw. You need bimax and implants.

Beardfrauding won't do shit if you are very ugly.

Growing a beard is cope for ethnics. It can't hide a shit jaw. You need bimax and implants.
Did you even read what I said though?

- I never said get a big beard
- That guy you posted is fat, I said get lean
- I also said get surgery if you want

Arrival
Looper
Minority report
Predestination

I’m jealous of you, would love to forget these movies and experience them again
Watched arrival

Do u have any movies with beautiful cinematography and shots

Mirin🔥

I’m going to acting school in uni, I deadass wanna be a holloywood actor

• +1
Watched arrival

Do u have any movies with beautiful cinematography and shots
Have you see Interstellar and The Martian?

Should I keep it like this or grow a beard? What suits me clean shaven, light stubble or faded beard?

3055286 2824383 2767239 2548977 FaceApp 1632285926603

• +1

@JamesHowlett type of beard on this guy, faded right?

• +1