My findings on how to enhance the mitochondria and upregulate PGC-1a

D

Deleted member 1849

heightmaxxer
Factors that may be fucking up your mitochondrial's health and overall function=
  • Chronic stress
  • Poor glycemic control
  • Advanced glycation end-products (AGEs). AGEs, which are “glycotoxins” that can be produced during cooking (e.g., grilling, broiling, frying) and also formed inside the body (typically in line with poor glycemic control or high blood sugar), increase free radical formation, increase oxidative stress, and promote inflammation. Along those lines, they’ve been implicated in mitochondrial dysfunction. As if that weren’t enough, mitochondrial dysfunction is thought to exacerbate the production of AGEs, “fueling the fire” so to speak.
  • Sedentary lifestyle
  • Poor nutrition and overeating. The typical Western-style diet, characterized by a high intake of ultra-processed foods, refined grains, added sugars, and poor-quality fats (i.e., high-fat, high-carb “fast food” diet), is notorious for accelerating many negative health outcomes, including mitochondrial dysfunction.
  • Insufficient/poor-quality sleep and poor circadian rhythm management. This is, of course, another example of a vicious cycle whereby poor sleep hygiene impairs mitochondrial function. In turn, the ensuing mitochondrial dysfunction adversely affects sleep. Also of note, melatonin, while primarily regarded as a sleep-regulating hormone, is a powerful antioxidant, which is selectively taken up by the mitochondria.
  • Environmental stressors and toxins (e.g., heavy metals).

So essentially if your lifestyle is shit don't waste your time with this guide. Improve your lifestyle by meditation, exercise, good diet, making some friends, getting great sleep and possibly starting a chelation process!

If your lifestyle is good, this is just icing on the cake essentially.

PQQ for PGC-1a alpha activation and mitochondrial biogenesis + free radical scavanging.

It's ingredients=
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (Promoting Mitogenesis and Neurogenesis through the PGC1alpha pathway. Increasing mitochondrial density in every cell in the body where more mitochondria would be beneficial. Hence why you need to exercise and workout hard and not just pop PQQ pills. Helps create new brain cells via neurogenesis)

Acetyl-L-Carnitine: Shuttles fuel to the mitochondria where it's used as energy. Glucose/BHB/Fatty acids in muscle tissue cell mitochondria

CoQ10: Supports healthy mitochondria. Acting against the possibility of mitochondrial dysfunction (which is one of the hallmarks of aging)

Methylcobalamin: Active form of vitamin B12 rather than synthetic B12 or B12 found in foods which needs to be turned into Methylcobalamin through the 5MTHFR gene processes (which a lot of us have issues with).

(copy and pasted from @x30001)

MOTS-c (copy and pasted from Ben Greenfields website).

MOTS-c is a mitochondrial-encoded peptide that inhibits the methionine-folate cycle and increases PGC-1alpha. It has been shown to enhance metabolic homeostasis and reduce obesity and insulin resistance. It has also been used to enhance sports performance, and certain long-lived Japanese populations have demonstrated a phenotypic expression and biologic link between MOTS-c and an extended lifespan.

The fact that it works by upregulating PGC-1a makes it an interesting option for longevity in people who have lower expression of PGC-1a. PGC-1a is involved in mitochondrial biogenesis (production of new mitochondria), and lower levels could be augmented with this peptide. Cold water, fasting, and exercise also tend to upregulate this enzyme, but everyone’s levels of PGC-1a decline over time. Lower levels of this enzyme are associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. Therefore, if someone has a lower genetic expression of PGC-1a, they may benefit from augmentation sooner than others.

Sunlight (no sunscreen) is a great way to enhance the mitochondria. It can improve mitochondrial biogenisis and increases the oxidative capacity of mitochondria in muscles and brown fat. The vit D is great too.

Red light Therapy. Red therapy light or photobiomodulation is not designed to increase perspiration or improve cardiovascular function. It impacts cells on the cellular level and increases mitochondrial function and ATP production. It essentially “feeds” your cells to increase energy.

Cold Therapy. Cold therapy has been used for some time to speed recovery in athletes, but being cold is important for everyone’s cellular health. Cooling your body shrinks your mitochondria, and smaller mitochondria are more efficient at burning fat. The mitochondria are the powerhouse parts of your cells that burn fat.

Improving your sleep will do wonders. Ways of improving sleep=

-Sleep 7-9 hours every night. Remember Quality is better than quantity.

-Using black out curtains to improve sleep.

-Using blue light blocking film on TV's, Laptops, IPhones etc.

-Using lights with little blue light.

-Using F.lux software on your computer to reduce blue light pixels on computer.

-Wearing blue light blocking glasses 2 hours before you sleep.

-Use a weighted blanket. As they increase seratonin and melatonin production.

-Setting the room between 62 and 68°F is the optimal temperature for sleeping. Whilst temperatures below 53°F (12°C) and above 71°F (24°C) are likely to make sleep more difficult.

-Sticking to a 10-7 sleep schedule is ideal.

-Use a Chilli Pad on your bed is good.

-Using a sleep induction mat (from Bulletproof) on top of the Chilli pad is good.

-Using a binaural beats headset is good.

-Using a sleep mask is good also.

-White noise in the room is great. Can be heard in background.

-Taking a bath and soaking in magnesium salts before bed is good too.

No one is gonna read this but I like threads like these. Treat aging internally, everything external is cope if your insides are fucked.

INB4 "DN RD"

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: ASM5, iam good boy, ellisadrian and 51 others
stearic acid

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3990, SoyGune and Deleted member 1849
Got @DrTony lurking in here boy

• +1
Reactions: Maplesyrup411
Bro I'll be honest I tried desperately to understand what the fuck this thread is about but I'm too low IQ.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: joeveniro, Yerico7, EverythingMattersCel and 8 others
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6310 and Deleted member 1849
Bro I'll be honest I tried desperately to understand what the fuck this thread is about but I'm too low IQ.
Clear any words you don't know and make demos and drawings of what your learning tbh, works for me.

Not bad information in here. Short term caloric deprivation seems to boost mitochrondrial biogenesis in rodents.
Yeah, IF should do the trick tbh.

Clear any words you don't know and make demos and drawings of what your learning tbh, works for me.
I read it again I think you are trying to promote how to be healthier somehow and feel good? All this shit seems legit I'm gonna try the sleep thing and change my schedule to 10-7. Also melanin doesn't do jack shit for me :'(

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
I read it again I think you are trying to promote how to be healthier somehow and feel good? All this shit seems legit I'm gonna try the sleep thing and change my schedule to 10-7. Also melanin doesn't do jack shit for me :'(
I'm talking about how treating aging internally. Get a weighted blanket, blue light blocking glasses, 20 min before bed RLT, Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide before bed and sleeping tea before bed= Yogi bedtime tea, collagen powder, honey, lions mane and melatonin.

Oura ring is legit for seeing if it's working.

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235, Deleted member 3635 and Darkstrand
I'm talking about how treating aging internally. Get a weighted blanket, blue light blocking glasses 20 RLT, Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide before bed and sleeping tea before bed= Yogi bedtime tea, collagen powder, honey, lions mane and melatonin.

Screenshotted. Does improving sleep actually make you feel better? When I was 17 I used to sleep so fucking hard that I felt AMAZING when I got up. Now I feel dead after sleeping for 9 hours.

Looksmax.me evolution
41z0gm

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: danbalk, Deleted member 23611, Deleted member 16641 and 15 others
Screenshotted. Does improving sleep actually make you feel better? When I was 17 I used to sleep so fucking hard that I felt AMAZING when I got up. Now I feel dead after sleeping for 9 hours.
Yeah it does. Quantity of sleep is important, but quality is really fucking important. IMO everyone should be striving for perfect REM sleep.
anti aging is a looksmax:chad:

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
See people like this make me visite this forum.
Quality thread!

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, xefo and Deleted member 1849
See people like this make me visite this forum.
Quality thread!
thanks bro, barely anybody appreciates threads and would rather rate chico for the billionth time.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, EverythingMattersCel, Good_Little_Goy and 4 others
It's a widely used additive in supplements and medical pills. Not for health reasons though but to make production easier/cheaper.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 1849
It's a widely used additive in supplements and medical pills. Not for health reasons though but to make production easier/cheaper.
what you think about the thread bro?

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Good thread my g.
@mods pin this

U should also add ashwanganda for stress
Some respond well to ashwaganda some don't. It made me feel tired.

@Lorsss

@Seth Walsh opinions bro?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Darkstrand, 6’1Chink and Lorsss
what you think about the thread bro?
Making self-explanatory things sound complicated. Reduce stress, good diet, better sleep, plenty of sun and overall (natural) light exposure. You made an essay out of sth that could have been summarized in one single sentence.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Norwooder and Deleted member 1849
PIN THIS

• +1
I'd just eat cocoa butter... Also you can just use it as a topical. Some people don't react well to dietary stearic acid.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849 and Bewusst
@Lorsss
Making self-explanatory things sound complicated. Reduce stress, good diet, better sleep, plenty of sun and overall (natural) light exposure. You made an essay out of sth that could have been summarized in one single sentence.
lmao no read the thread again

We dont pin threads anymore
Ill move it to best of the best
sounds good. also best of the best is kinda unorganized I liked the old pin system.

also ur a mod now?

sounds good. also best of the best is kinda unorganized I liked the old pin system.

also ur a mod now?
It is.
I feel we should only keep looksmaxing threads in there and not blackpill life shit, either that or make subcategories within the section

• +1
Reactions: xefo and Deleted member 1849
It is.
I feel we should only keep looksmaxing threads in there and not blackpill life shit, either that or make subcategories within the section
nice

Extremely legit thread. I've been doing lots of research lately on mitochondria, sleep etc and all of your info is on point

Sleep is something I'm consistently fucking destroying atm. Low rem+deep sleep combined. Swear the drop of a pin makes me wake up.

My soon to be sleepmaxxes are a bed cooling system, sound proofing my window/wall thing in my flat (basically just a huge glass panel, lets more noise in than a normal wall) and consistent sleep and wake times.

Phone addiction fucks me slowly over time usually. Falling asleep later and later due to overactive brain/wanting stimulus and then boom next thing I know I'm awake at 3am (2am rn tbh) being a degenerate. Gets even worse when shit like clubs are open.

11pm max bed time or bust tbh.

• +1
Extremely legit thread. I've been doing lots of research lately on mitochondria, sleep etc and all of your info is on point

Sleep is something I'm consistently fucking destroying atm. Low rem+deep sleep combined. Swear the drop of a pin makes me wake up.

My soon to be sleepmaxxes are a bed cooling system, sound proofing my window/wall thing in my flat (basically just a huge glass panel, lets more noise in than a normal wall) and consistent sleep and wake times.

Phone addiction fucks me slowly over time usually. Falling asleep later and later due to overactive brain/wanting stimulus and then boom next thing I know I'm awake at 3am (2am rn tbh) being a degenerate. Gets even worse when shit like clubs are open.

11pm max bed time or bust tbh.
My routine is this=

Wake up in the morning drink warm water with salt and lemon this will get your digestive system going it makes me poop (this will help circadic mismatches, a poop in the morning has been shown to help your circadium rythem lmao), do whatever you need to do. HIIT and stretching and be out in the sun for an hour or two. When the sun is going down I put on blue light blocking glasses. 20 min of RLT before bed (this has helped my sleep SO FUCKING MUCH). I'll make my own sleeping tea consisting of= Yogi caramel sleeping tea, honey, collagen powder, 2 drops of lions mane and some melatonin. Delta Sleep inducing Peptide and possibly a GHRP in the future. Take a warm bath with magnesium salts. In bed by 11 realistically. No lights in the room at all.

Bed will have a chilli pad with a sleep induction mat on top of it. A comfy blanket with a weighted blanket on top. Ocean wave noises in the background. Binaural beat headphones and black out curtains.

Cut out all blue light 2 hours before bed. Preferrably at sunset as this is good for you circadic rythems but it's unrealistic tbh.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: jake_okok, LastHopeForNorman and Pinhead
Acupressure mats are also fucking legit as fuck, I see you mentioned that

Stand on one for 5 minutes when you wake up & use it for 10-20mins before bed.

It's nice af to meditate or listen to binaural beats for sleep whilst using it. Then wear blackout mask and stick on a white noise machine or use comfortable headphones to play binaural beats for sleeping. Instant fade to black.

Best wake up is to (imo)

Wake up. Meditate for 15-20mins as soon as you wake up. SAD lamp or IR light for 10-15mins. I'll stand on an acupressure mat whilst using my IR light. Cold shower. Fast until at least 16h fasted. Break fast w/MCT oil + supplements for energy. Read. 432hz music (inb4 cope)

Usually try to get 20 mins sunlight per day w/no sunscreen to darken my skin a bit

hard not to feel good doing all of the above tbh
My routine is this=

Wake up in the morning drink warm water with salt and lemon this will get your digestive system going it makes me poop (this will help circadic mismatches, a poop in the morning has been shown to help your circadium rythem lmao), do whatever you need to do. HIIT and stretching and be out in the sun for an hour or two. When the sun is going down I put on blue light blocking glasses. 20 min of RLT before bed (this has helped my sleep SO FUCKING MUCH). I'll make my own sleeping tea consisting of= Yogi caramel sleeping tea, honey, collagen powder, 2 drops of lions mane and some melatonin. Delta Sleep inducing Peptide and possibly a GHRP in the future. Take a warm bath with magnesium salts. In bed by 11 realistically. No lights in the room at all.

Bed will have a chilli pad with a sleep induction mat on top of it. A comfy blanket with a weighted blanket on top. Ocean wave noises in the background. Binaural beat headphones and black out curtains.

Cut out all blue light 2 hours before bed. Preferrably at sunset as this is good for you circadic rythems but it's unrealistic tbh.

How old are you

insanely jelly tbh if still in growth phase

• +1
My routine is this=

Wake up in the morning drink warm water with salt and lemon (this will help circadic mismatches), do whatever you need to do. HIIT and stretching and be out in the sun for an hour or two. When the sun is going down I put on blue light blocking glasses. 20 min of RLT before bed (this has helped my sleep SO FUCKING MUCH). I'll make my own sleeping tea consisting of= Yogi caramel sleeping tea, honey, collagen powder, 2 drops of lions mane and some melatonin. Delta Sleep inducing Peptide and possibly a GHRP in the future. Take a warm bath with magnesium salts. In bed by 11 realistically. No lights in the room at all.

What would a weighted blanket do?
How heavy are we talking, a few pounds?

• +1
Acupressure mats are also fucking legit as fuck, I see you mentioned that

Stand on one for 5 minutes when you wake up & use it for 10-20mins before bed.

It's nice af to meditate or listen to binaural beats for sleep whilst using it. Then wear blackout mask and stick on a white noise machine or use comfortable headphones to play binaural beats for sleeping. Instant fade to black.

Best wake up is to (imo)

Wake up. Meditate for 15-20mins as soon as you wake up. SAD lamp or IR light for 10-15mins. I'll stand on an acupressure mat whilst using my IR light. Cold shower. Fast until at least 16h fasted. Break fast w/MCT oil + supplements for energy. Read. 432hz music (inb4 cope)

Usually try to get 20 mins sunlight per day w/no sunscreen to darken my skin a bit

hard not to feel good doing all of the above tbh

How old are you

insanely jelly tbh if still in growth phase
good shit bro

15lbs-25lbs.

It's been shown to increase melatonin and seratonin production.

good shit bro

15lbs-25lbs.

It's been shown to increase melatonin and seratonin production.

:feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy:

wish I was a pubertymaxxer in 2020

insanely jealous tbh but you're in the 1% for your age, if not more

most 15yos are coomers playing fortnite and cod br :lul::lul:

10% of your bodyweight, sites selling them have them in various sizes so just buy one closest to 10% of your BW

IIRC it simulates hugging so releases endorphins and also stops restless leg syndrome/reduces the severity of it (this is linked to being a neurotic braincel through your GABA receptors iirc)

can't go wrong with one honestly

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and Elias
:feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy:

wish I was a pubertymaxxer in 2020

insanely jealous tbh but you're in the 1% for your age, if not more

most 15yos are coomers playing fortnite and cod br :lul::lul:
yeah, it's hard to stick to a routine like this. im not doing everything here but most of it.

Yeah Nofap and reading instead of playing video games is legit.

yeah, it's hard to stick to a routine like this. im not doing everything here but most of it.

Add sleeping on the floor + mouth strip + no pillow to your routine and then its the ultimate sleeping routine

Read atomic habits bro you'll be a fucking millionaire by 25 tbh if you legit go hard

• +1
Add sleeping on the floor + mouth strip + no pillow to your routine and then its the ultimate sleeping routine
Why? inb4 "proper sleeping position and oral posture"
Read atomic habits bro you'll be a fucking millionaire by 25 tbh if you legit go hard
yeah, im reading up on block chain right now and how it works. interesting shit.

bookmarked

• Love it
Link to weighted blanket?

High Quality Thread. We need more of this advanced stuff, not just incels gargling about ropemaxxing and "It'ssss over",

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and Deleted member 1849
I already do all of this except the peptide lol
Nigga did you block me?

Last edited:
THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELLLLLLLLLLL

I'm talking about how treating aging internally. Get a weighted blanket, blue light blocking glasses, 20 min before bed RLT, Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide before bed and sleeping tea before bed= Yogi bedtime tea, collagen powder, honey, lions mane and melatonin.

How about just drinking water with molecular hydrogen, instead of doing all these craps

It most effectively decreases free radicals

My nigga that's crazy but what does it do?

elimination diet------->hypercarnivore

raw meat/liver+sunshine+red light maxxing

5-10g glycine before bed

dont have a shitty high stress lifestyle

exercise moderately

literally all you need, most supplements and magical meme shit is just marketing+cope

• +1
what a great thread
absolute god tier IQ

• Love it

High IQ post OP (pic unrelated)

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5875
Watch the last YT vid from Eric Dubay.
Just meditate bro.
The best solution is usually free but requires some dedication... which 99.99% will never endure.
Because taking pills ... is so much "work".

Last edited: