My life 2 years after quiting PSL forums (relationships, working, studying and career)

Stare

Stare

ㅤㅤ ‏‏‎
OG user from the early days of the forum here. A bit over 2 years ago I decided to quit the forum completely because I realised it was bringing me down, I will share my progress.

My life back in PSL
For context, I'm gonna say what my life was like back in mid 2021. I was in my last semester of college and living alone, I had distanced myself from my friends and I was depressed most of the days. Basically my routine consisted of going to college, working out, coming back home and browsing here all night, everyday. I didn't really talk to anyone outside of college and I didn't have any meaningful connection with anyone at that time, even when I was invited to do something I would just make an excuse to stay at home. And then I had residency exams comming in the end of the year, which I couldn't study properly because I spent too much time rotting in the forum and I failed the exams. In summary, I was very depressed or, at least, I was having the lifestyle of a depressed person.

This forum and PSL
I'm not gonna say PSL was entirelly responsible for that but it played an important role. This forum is really funny and helpful but it can make us very pessimistic and autistic. People post photos of a male model and say "if you don't look like this it's over" or "you will never get laid if you aren't PSL 7". There is no doubt that looks are by far the most imporant thing in attraction and that things like PUA and redpill are a cringe cope but the idea that you have to be perfect in every trait to get a girl and you can't have any failo is just wrong. I remember seeing pictures of many users here back in the day and most of them looked like normal guys who could get laid, of course there were some truecels and for these guys rotting here and on incels.is was the only thing left for them but they were a minority.
It's true that this forum helps a lot of people on their looksmaxing journey but this post isn't targeted to the guys who only browse the looksmaxing section, it's for the ones who rot on the offtopic section. For those who are here for looksmaxing only, I advise you to focus on your biggest flaws and not so much on small flaws. (does the nasolabial fold guy still post here? :ROFLMAO:)

My life today
So, being socially isolated, depressed, rotting here all day and not being able to study and focus on my carreer made me quit the forum. At first I started studying a lot to try to get into residency, and I did study a lot, much more than I imagined I could, but it turned out that those few months of studying weren't enough and I didn't make into residency. But I graduated and I started taking a lot of day shifts and night shifts, I made a lof of money, bought many things I wanted, a car, a gaming pc and a trip to Europe for my parents. It was a that time that I noticed my depression going away and that was because I was doing something useful with my time instead of rotting on the internet all day.
I also started talking with my friends again, we started hanging out, and it was through these friends that I met my girlfriend, who I share an apartment with and we've been dating for almost 2 years. At the end of the year I took the residency exams again but at this time I had spent the whole year studying for that, and I got accepted into residency, finally.​

Anyways, this is just my story, and I'm posting it to help people who feel the same way I felt. This isn't an attack to anyone who rot here all day, we all decide what do with our lives.
I also won't be for long, I just want to post and leave.

I don't know if any of the bros from back then still post here but I wish you all the best :feelsautistic:

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 61086, NoseProphecy, edgemaxx and 55 others
3434461 1593816719822

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Wannabe Chad, edgemaxx, dannydipss and 30 others
Good for you op.
That's really nice to hear, this forum is full of annoying mfs that keep spamming shit like DNR after every meaningful post

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SeriousAscension, poopoohead, plukee and 15 others
OG user from the early days of the forum here. A bit over 2 years ago I decided to quit the forum completely because I realised it was bringing me down, I will share my progress.

My life back in PSL
For context, I'm gonna say what my life was like back in mid 2021. I was in my last semester of college and living alone, I had distanced myself from my friends and I was depressed most of the days. Basically my routine consisted of going to college, working out, coming back home and browsing here all night, everyday. I didn't really talk to anyone outside of college and I didn't have any meaningful connection with anyone at that time, even when I was invited to do something I would just make an excuse to stay at home. And then I had residency exams comming in the end of the year, which I couldn't study properly because I spent too much time rotting in the forum and I failed the exams. In summary, I was very depressed or, at least, I was having the lifestyle of a depressed person.

This forum and PSL
I'm not gonna say PSL was entirelly responsible for that but it played an important role. This forum is really funny and helpful but it can make us very pessimistic and autistic. People post photos of a male model and say "if you don't look like this it's over" or "you will never get laid if you aren't PSL 7". There is no doubt that looks are by far the most imporant thing in attraction and that things like PUA and redpill are a cringe cope but the idea that you have to be perfect in every trait to get a girl and you can't have any failo is just wrong. I remember seeing pictures of many users here back in the day and most of them looked like normal guys who could get laid, of course there were some truecels and for these guys rotting here and on incels.is was the only thing left for them but they were a minority.
It's true that this forum helps a lot of people on their looksmaxing journey but this post isn't targeted to the guys who only browse the looksmaxing section, it's for the ones who rot on the offtopic section. For those who are here for looksmaxing only, I advise you to focus on your biggest flaws and not so much on small flaws. (does the nasolabial fold guy still post here? :ROFLMAO:)

My life today
So, being socially isolated, depressed, rotting here all day and not being able to study and focus on my carreer made me quit the forum. At first I started studying a lot to try to get into residency, and I did study a lot, much more than I imagined I could, but it turned out that those few months of studying weren't enough and I didn't make into residency. But I graduated and I started taking a lot of day shifts and night shifts, I made a lof of money, bought many things I wanted, a car, a gaming pc and a trip to Europe for my parents. It was a that time that I noticed my depression going away and that was because I was doing something useful with my time instead of rotting on the internet all day.
I also started talking with my friends again, we started hanging out, and it was through these friends that I met my girlfriend, who I share an apartment with and we've been dating for almost 2 years. At the end of the year I took the residency exams again but at this time I had spent the whole year studying for that, and I got accepted into residency, finally.​

Anyways, this is just my story, and I'm posting it to help people who feel the same way I felt. This isn't an attack to anyone who rot here all day, we all decide what do with our lives.

I don't know if any of the bros from back then still post here but I wish you all the best :feelsautistic:
HTN and above or death

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: proxyy, PrinceofDarkness, BrahminBoss and 6 others
not reading your essay
sorry for you loss or happy for you bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Petsmart, iMogEveryone, Gaygymmaxx and 7 others
Dnrd

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel and MentalistKebab
fuck the fags who say dnrd

this forum is crabs in a bucket except botb

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: breadyl, BrahminBoss, poopoohead and 27 others
  • +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and gr34ter
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: breadyl, BrahminBoss, coispet and 1 other person
HTN and above or death
Yeah for real.
Chadlite and chad is just unachiavable for 99% of the people here. Just improve the highest you can, fix your failos and move on with life. It's funny because this forum is so helpful on the physical side but also so malicious on the mental side.

• +1
Reactions: SADA, Petsmart, latincell95 and 14 others
bhai whee ru from?

I also started talking with my friends again, we started hanging out, and it was through these friends that I met my girlfriend, who I share an apartment with and we've been dating for almost 2 years​
NT and socialmaxxing is law

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27066, med, Deleted member 39692 and 4 others
reddit tier thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, bloomercel and efidescontinuado
TL DR if you aren't getting laid, its all cope

• +1
Reactions: med, bloomercel, MentalistKebab and 1 other person

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

mirin life ascension

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel
made a lof of money, bought many things I wanted, a car, a gaming pc and a trip to Europe for my parents. It was a that time that I noticed my depression going away and that was because I was doing something useful with my time instead of rotting on the internet all day.
crazy how quitting the internet could change your life in a instant I would follow your path
Any advice for someone who wants to quit the internet?

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel and Pikabro
Fine if you’re just a mentalcel.

I’m working now simply because it is equivalent to rotting and passes the time more quickly. I made no friends, no gf.

Maybe things will be different once I get surgeries but honestly I doubt it, agepill is too strong now.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, SeriousAscension, latincell95 and 1 other person
not gonna read, just hoping this is not some hamza redpill shit

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel
So basically made money and started talking to his friends again

Not bad, especially if you didn't have either before, but nothing really that stands out either tbh

Although I'm wondering did you started talking to your friends again because you reached out or did they?

If you reached out first then, you're aren't terribly important to them

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, iMogEveryone, bloomercel and 2 others

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

are u a htn or tall? either way good for u nigga

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and bloomercel
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead, |Daddy_Zygos|, bloomercel and 2 others
Congratulations OP. I dream that one day this forum can be used to uplift its users as a "maxxing" forum should. I have concluded however that this website is based in Langley and is used to entrap young men into a deep self-hatred.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: SeriousAscension, latincell95, lightskinbengali and 6 others

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

Wait so you're a med student or now a resident? In the US? I'm studying for the MCAT right now and yeah this forums ideology delayed that until recently where I just look at it like a meme

Sounds about right.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
Congrats op, glad things are going better

Ada? I swear he had the same signature, but he owned car washes n shit n was moneymaxxed which wouldmt match your story

• +1

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

Doing, implementing and living life moggs.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, |Daddy_Zygos| and Pikabro

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

nice to see that u got a girlfriend ✝️

You call the red pill cringe cope but then talk about how your life got much better due to distancing yourself from the black pill and self-improving, carreermaxxing, socialmaxxing etc.?

• +1
Congratulations OP. I dream that one day this forum can be used to uplift its users as a "maxxing" forum should. I have concluded however that this website is based in Langley and is used to entrap young men into a deep self-hatred.
I imagine the ones who know how to actually use and apply the knowledge it offers to ascend don't stay long.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pikabro
I just wanna fuck women.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 39692, latincell95 and shalomnigga
i remember you, LooksOverAll and cocainecowboy back when i lurked here... interesting to see a comeback from users that left a mark on this forum

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, incel194012940, lightskinbengali and 1 other person
Dnrd, how tall are you?

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

I hope I can ascend but probably not im ugly

Why would we be happy for you?

Fuck off normie

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
Wasted my time reading this gay shit, should have posted it on REDDIT you faggot

This hit me hard haha, agree 100% of what is said
And yeah, there are pretty much no quality posters rn
Even @enchanted_elixir is gone now, so honestly, spending a few minutes once a week in this site is enough hereafter ig
Gl to every other rational person as well.

TLDR for everyone who doesn’t wanna read:

OP was depressed 2 yrs ago and left this forum and started working more and made money and got a mid girlfriend and now he’s happy .

Good thread bro 4 years of lookism and org taught me that the best thing is getting off the forum and learning how to be normal

None of these retarded fucking surgeries are gonna fix u being a bitch ass weirdo. Go outside, inject steroids and buy fake clothes thats how u get laid.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: proxyy and poopoohead
You were already gonna be a doctor
I couldn’t do it even if I wanted to because I did the wrong studies

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 39692
You were already gonna be a doctor
I couldn’t do it even if I wanted to because I did the wrong studies
why not

My life back in PSL

This forum and PSL

My life today

You didn't slay nigga. Met Becky through social circle and will betabux. Over

Basically my routine consisted of going to college, working out, coming back home and browsing
95% of forum members

Im happy for those who can escape this online trap tbh. And anyone saying dnrd to this please get diagnosed for fucking adhd you insufferable cunts