My life wasn't actually better in 2019 than it is now

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
It subjectively was, I worried less and hadn't yet made certain traumatic experiences, but I wasn't actually happier (or less miserable) than I am now. I used to drown my sorrows in alcohol, I relied on it actually to even be able to leave the house. I was just fooling myself into feeling okay when in reality I was just drunk on a daily basis. I abandoned this habit once I got into OMAD and serious leanmaxing and have been drinking very infrequently since. I know that being intoxicated makes my worries disappear temporarily, but I choose not to, because I'm truly blackpilled and realized it's not only self-destructive, but also not real. It doesn't improve my life in any way, it just alters my brain chemistry in a way I feel better about it.

Deluding oneself, taking drugs or drinking to feel better, leading a hedonistic lifestyle/pursuing pleasure etc. is a common coping strategy, but it isn't my way of dealing with life. The only way to improve my quality of life permanently is to actually solve the problems I'm dealing with, not temporarily forget about them just to be reminded the next day and the one after that. I want to break out of this vicious circle. Coping is for the weak. You can't call yourself a blackpiller if you use drugs, alcohol or validation to feel better about yourself.

Do I feel better or has my life improved since I stopped drinking on a daily basis? Not a bit, but at least I'm honest with myself and see things for what they are, even when I objectively suffer more

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Corleone, Deleted member 19548, Danish_Retard and 3 others
did read :love:

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
why did you need alcohol to cope
are you subhuman,mentally ill,etc ?

Your take on it?
good move I also stopped going to clubs and drink because it's not fun anymore, ascension has to come after that maybe it'll make fun again

Why is hedonism encouraged and considered normal in ur youth?

Good for you, you have improved somewhat by giving up alcohol and realizing that addictions are not a long-term benefit

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Danish_Retard and bogii
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and ShowerMaxxing
who cares, really?

dnrd tbh sorry