My orthodontist said that you need at least a 7mm overbite to get jaw surgery. Has anyone here had jaw surgery with a smaller overbite than that?

D

Deleted member 24002

Mistral
Also, has anyone had cosmetic jaw surgery (no functional issues)?

do you mean overbite or overjet? so 7mm horizontal or vertical?

watch 3.35 to 5.28

Last edited:

watch 3.35 to 5.28

Im nowhere near those levels of jaw recession bro lol. His overbite isn't huge only for the reason that his lower teeth are very flared out, where mine are not. Photos for reference.

Attachments

• tempImageqXSi7o.jpg
    tempImageqXSi7o.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 7DFEF3D7-1CCF-469E-9C2A-5F5AE53CE82D.png
    7DFEF3D7-1CCF-469E-9C2A-5F5AE53CE82D.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Started consultation process in late August and will be having surgery in Early December. I could have had it earlier my scheduling just made December surgery more feasible.
How long/expensive was that process?
Surgery itself is 15k

Other than that the only expenses throughout the process have been CT scan and digital dental impressions which cost around 600$ combined.

Last edited:
Started consultation process in late August and will be having surgery in Early December. I could have had it earlier my scheduling just made December surgery more feasible.

Surgery itself is 15k

Other than that the only expenses throughout the process have been CT scan and digital dental impressions which cost around 600$ combined.
Damn thats clutch af. What was your overbite if you dont mind me asking? Do I look like I need it? Also, did you consider a sliding genioplasty, or is your chin good?

Damn thats clutch af. What was your overbite if you dont mind me asking? Do I look like I need it? Also, did you consider a sliding genioplasty, or is your chin good?
No overbite, I have SFS so I’m getting a downgraft with CW rotation but my bite is fine as is so that will stay the same. I’m getting Genioplasty too at the same time my chin is too short right now.