My perceived IPD changes under different lighting, what do orbitals have to do with perceived IPD?

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
Okay. So I don't know if I'm going crazy or not. I think I might finally be onto why sometimes I'm actually ok with how I look and why I sometimes wanna slit my wrists. So here's my theory: my eyes are deep set, but with inadequate bone support, aka shitty and underdeveloped orbitals that look like they haven't grown far out enough. Under certain light I don't even notice the closeness of my eyes, but under some light (especially overhead light which really accentuates the deep setedness of the eyes and lack of orbital support) they look super close. I did an experiment where I move slowly towards the mirror and keep a close eye to my face, and because the light changes in those few steps I make, I can tell the exact moment I perceive eyes as close set: it's when the overhead light hits directly from above, that is, when my underdeveloped orbitals appear. I don't have just undereye circles, but also it looks like I'm missing fat/bone/whatever to the sides of the eyes too. Laterally I guess.

Point is, under certain light, where my orbitals don't look underdeveloped, and my eyes don't appear deep set, I don't perceive them as close set.

So my theory is, perceived closeness of the eyes is actually largely accentuated by how well developed the orbitals around the eyes are, laterally as well as forward-protruding-wise, and how deep-set eyes appear.

I wasn't able to find a good pic of someone with underdeveloped orbitals whose eyes were also close set, and they had infraorbital rim implants done for comparison. If you manage to find a picture with those requirements, please post it.

This is only for people with close set eyes who also have underdeveloped orbitals at the same time.

Last edited:
need to see more examples, don't feel like it's legit

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Jesus Christ man what's your IPD and what's your midface length that's all that matters not this lighting cope

• +1
Reactions: goodman78, SLA and Deleted member 3043
need to see more examples, don't feel like it's legit
That's the point, I can't find any, hence I'm posting here. I'd really like to see a picture of someone with close set eyes who's had IOI's done to actually see if I'm onto something.

Jesus Christ man what's your IPD and what's your midface length that's all that matters not this lighting cope
That's besides the point, in absolute terms yes, I have very close set eyes, 60mms, and a long midface. That's not the point I'm trying to make. And I'm not talking about frauding with lighting, I'm saying that I perceive (which is a very subjective thing) my face to be more in balance in certain light. And I'm trying to figure out why. We're not talking about changing IPD here. Long story short, what I'm getting at is maybe not everyone needs a box osteotomy to finally be happy, there are other factors at play.

As I've said, in certain lighting, I'm not bothered (mentally) by my eye separation distance/midface length. And that's way more important.

Last edited:
you can fraud with eyebrow thickness beeing spaced, but that's it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
Anyone got any ideas yet? I've just gone into my bathroom in front of the usual mirror and turned the light of but shined at my face with a flashlight from my phone. My IPD isn't amazing, but it doesn't bother me. So when my entire face is illuminated from the front, I actually look way more balanced than with my usual bathroom light shining down on my scalp. What's going on? What does this mean?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
What do u mean by undeveloped orbitals ? , the girl u posted looks like she had good under eye support how is it undeveloped

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401