My side profile + BSSO & Genio

Sal

Sal

Nobody really likes us except for us
Okay, so I’m getting braces for my slightly, but noticeable, crooked teeth and slight overbite. But, with me being mixed(black obv), I feel as if my chin is recessed. Which is why I’m frauding with the goatee

Past few days been reading up on all the BSSO + genio results and operations. And I’ve come to the conclusion that I may go for it. Next week or two I’m going to this maxillary clinic across the street for 3D bone imaging for my skull to see the underlying problem even clearer.

Note to be honest I’m not sure how to calculate or particularly know what the variations of bsso’s are (like counter clockwise bsso) and what effect that would have in your face.

I’ll post what I’m at right now. 18% body fat (let myself go after setting down with gf 🤧) followed by what I would like to look like 1.5 years from now.

I believe I did a bsso and genio but if there’s something else I missed help a brother out 👊

Before

After

PS. THE BLACK THINGS ON MY SHIRT ARE MY HAIR. I was cutting my hair.

Tagging the bros
@Salludon @Ryan @Amnesia @looksmaxxer234 @Lars @tyronelite @kjsbdfiusdf @Korea @Kingkellz @Warlow @Thompsonz @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Prettyboy @Aeonxdro @Blackgymmax @Tyronecell
@Deusmaximus

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551, Deleted member 19103 and Deleted member 13332
Counter clockwise BSSO = decreasing the gonial and shortening the face

Clockwise BSSO = increasing the gonial angle and elongating the face (well the lower third in this case)

From these pics you have wquite a short lower third so probs needs CW BSSO and a vertical genio

dont get braces to fix your overbite if youre planning a BSSO because youll need to decompensate the teeth to give your surgeon room to move your mandible forward (aka literally undo what the braces did)

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, AscendingHero, Deleted member 2729 and 3 others
Counter clockwise BSSO = decreasing the gonial and shortening the face

Clockwise BSSO = increasing the gonial angle and elongating the face (well the lower third in this case)

From these pics you have wquite a short lower third so probs needs CW BSSO and a vertical genio

dont get braces to fix your overbite if youre planning a BSSO because youll need to decompensate the teeth to give your surgeon room to move your mandible forward (aka literally undo what the braces did)
Thanks man. Appreciate the high quality response. I’m gonna ask for a clockwise BSSO and Genio then.

How do I know the degree I want to rotate for that look? Or is that something a surgeon decides to make it symmetrical?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and DoctorLooksmax
Thanks man. Appreciate the high quality response. I’m gonna ask for a clockwise BSSO and Genio then.

How do I know the degree I want to rotate for that look? Or is that something a surgeon decides to make it symmetrical?
the surgeon will decide

also it may not be possible to get just a BSSO with rotation because when the mandible is rotated, some rotation of the maxilla will often be neccesary to give you normal occlusion

The surgeon generally decides the movements- they may take some input from the patient in some cases.

Generally speaking you tell the surgeon what the problem with your face you want to fix is- and they will come up with a plan of how to do that.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn and Sal
Okay, so I’m getting braces for my slightly, but noticeable, crooked teeth and slight overbite. But, with me being mixed(black obv), I feel as if my chin is recessed. Which is why I’m frauding with the goatee

Past few days been reading up on all the BSSO + genio results and operations. And I’ve come to the conclusion that I may go for it. Next week or two I’m going to this maxillary clinic across the street for 3D bone imaging for my skull to see the underlying problem even clearer.

Note to be honest I’m not sure how to calculate or particularly know what the variations of bsso’s are (like counter clockwise bsso) and what effect that would have in your face.

I’ll post what I’m at right now. 18% body fat (let myself go after setting down with gf 🤧) followed by what I would like to look like 1.5 years from now.

I believe I did a bsso and genio but if there’s something else I missed help a brother out 👊

Before

After

PS. THE BLACK THINGS ON MY SHIRT ARE MY HAIR. I was cutting my hair.

Tagging the bros
@Salludon @Ryan @Amnesia @looksmaxxer234 @Lars @tyronelite @kjsbdfiusdf @Korea @Kingkellz @Warlow @Thompsonz @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Prettyboy @Aeonxdro @Blackgymmax @Tyronecell
@Deusmaximus

I don’t see a difference

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob and Oberyn
the surgeon will decide

also it may not be possible to get just a BSSO with rotation because when the mandible is rotated, some rotation of the maxilla will often be neccesary to give you normal occlusion

The surgeon generally decides the movements- they may take some input from the patient in some cases.

Generally speaking you tell the surgeon what the problem with your face you want to fix is- and they will come up with a plan of how to do that.
Thanks man 👏

I don’t see a difference
I know you’re new but it’ you should be able to understand what was morphed from the surgeries listed. If you did understand and still find it the same, then I’d go see a doctor about some glasses

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver999 and Erik-Jón
Im just saying it’s 0smv improvement I can’t see what’s changed and I know this shit and am looking for it
I know you’re new but it’ you should be able to understand what was morphed from the surgeries listed. If you did understand and still find it the same, then I’d go see a doctor about some glasses

You need to gym and leanmaxx no do this hard ass surgery for minor benefits.

• +1
Reactions: Sal
You need to gym and leanmaxx no do this hard ass surgery for minor benefits.
Yeah I'm currently leanning. I plan to go from 185 to 165lb this month. Then just get ripped. I plan on getting a full 3D image of my skull (with the option to 3D print) to objectively look at my ratios and if I'm lacking something. I play football so I got to ready for the fall season regardless.

Yeah I'm currently leanning. I plan to go from 185 to 165lb this month. Then just get ripped. I plan on getting a full 3D image of my skull (with the option to 3D print) to objectively look at my ratios and if I'm lacking something. I play football so I got to ready for the fall season regardless.
No, your ratios are analysed via a side profile xray. No need for 3d exams

You would get almost no PSL gain from those procedures, get a rhino instead.

My nose is alright no?

Here's a frontal pic

Yeah it’s fine, I think contacts would help you more than anything, it’s your pheno that holds you back, your pretty dark for a mixed guy.

• +1
make mandible better, fix step off in chin

• +1
Yeah it’s fine, I think contacts would help you more than anything, it’s your pheno that holds you back, your pretty dark for a mixed guy.
My dad is mixed(50/50). And mum is black. White grandfather. I'm darker then lightskin, but also too light to be darkskin. Brown ig.

But yeah I actually need contacts so I'm gonna invest in a pair of contacts.

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob
Deleted

Last edited:

Last edited: