My Softmax acension plan (need some advice)

eskesir

eskesir

Bronze
Im gonna fix my sleep schedule to perfection, eat only animal products, gonna try to be less stressed, gonna do those tongue tie stretches on YouTube and any other myofunctional exercises I see on yt, fix my posture, do sports again + gym , start tret, thumbpull every hour for about 1:30 minutes, chew hard gum for an hour or 2 a day (ik its probably cope but I'm gonna try and see for my self)

What other kinda cope softmaxxes can I do that might actually help me??

I'm 17 btw

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
I ended up typing more than I expected, so I've structured it a bit.

Detection
I think the first warning sign is a noticeably asymmetric hairline. Hairlines will be asymmetric to a degree, but balding can worsen this as one side can be effected worse than the other.

Ironically, when I posted my photos many years ago to a different site, only one person pointed this out, while most others told me my hair was completely fine and the guy was just overly critical, so I ignored it and assumed I was in the clear.

At this stage though it would be hard to detect it, so the next warning stage is seeing yourself loose hair density in the mirror. What this means is, as you stand under a light, over the course of several months, look at how much scalp you can see, it usually effects the top / crown area first.

If you have good hair density you won't see your scalp at all, or only very slightly. This can also vary from person to person, for myself I saw density loss before temple recession but I do have both, some people only see rescission and others primarily loose density.

It's normal to loose some of your temple as you transition from a juvenile hairline to a norwood 1, which usually results in a square hairline. However, if you have a juvenile hairline in your 20s, you've most likely just not susceptible to androgenic alopecia (however, this is incredibly rare).

View attachment 3117526
Good hairline, looks like a norwood 1.

View attachment 3117561
Juvenile hairline (notice how the hairline is rounded due to the temples not receding)

In both cases it's very dense.

Treatment
There are 3 main ways to tackle androgenic alopecia, these are using a 5-alpha reductase (5AR) inhibitor, growth stimulants and anti-androgen / androgen antagonists.

I'll do a very brief rundown of a couple of main treatments that are FDA approved.

Finasteride
The most common, well researched and widely used treatment is 1mg oral Finasteride taken daily, which is a 5AR inhibitor. This greatly reduces the amount of testosterone that is converted into DHT. It is tolerated well by the vast majority of men, showing zero side effects, however some do report erectile dysfunction, depression and gynocamastia.

It is important to note that these side effects are incredibly rare and are often overblown on websites in order to sell alternative snake-oil products, however, people do respond differently to medication and there are unfortunately some people who can't take Finasteride due to side effects. Other life style effects can impact the likelihood of experiencing these symptoms, for example alcohol consumption and obesity greatly increase the risk of gynecomastia.

For people with more severe androgenic alopecia an alternative called "Dutasteride" can be taken, which further decreases the production of DHT, however it is not FDA approved for hair loss and has higher risks for side effects due to it's increased potency.

Minoxidil
Minoxilil is a growth stimulant that increases the blood flow to the applied area, which allows more blood to reach the hair follicle, which increases the thickness and rate at which it grows. This an be used to regrow areas that appear wispy bald, as the shrunken hairs can thicken up and become healthy again. This can be applied topically or taken orally.

Final notes
This is just meant to serve as a quick starting point (for example I didn't even touch microneedling), there detailed guides that you can find on Looksmax and especially on YouTube. It's an incredibly complicated subject, with many different medications, each with different benefits and drawbacks, different mechanisms of working. I highly recommend to start researching it now, even if you don't actually start taking treatment for several years, that way you'll have a good understanding of the medication, what to use, what side effects you might be at risk from etc.

Some YouTube channels that I recommend are:
@haircafekevin
@SomebodyAlex
@letsgethair
@PerfectHairHealth
@hairliciously
Highest effort reply I've ever gotten thx bhai

post this as a guide or smth btw

• +1
Reactions: Graham
Highest effort reply I've ever gotten thx bhai

post this as a guide or smth btw
I might make one, but there's already a few, so I'd need to go into a lot of detail to add anything new.

• +1
Reactions: eskesir
Dm me im gonna tell legit methods your plan seems dumb
Im gonna fix my sleep schedule to perfection, eat only animal products, gonna try to be less stressed, gonna do those tongue tie stretches on YouTube and any other myofunctional exercises I see on yt, fix my posture, do sports again + gym , start tret, thumbpull every hour for about 1:30 minutes, chew hard gum for an hour or 2 a day (ik its probably cope but I'm gonna try and see for my self)

What other kinda cope softmaxxes can I do that might actually help me??

I'm 17 btw