My tongue blocks my air pathway. Should I get jaw surgery or a CPAP?

D

Derelict

Banned
I've noticed that when im fully relaxed, the tongue tends to block the air pathway. Im figuring this is what causes low sentience people to snore, since the snore is the struggle of the air trying to get past the tongue, and some does, avoiding asphixia and causing the snore sound. However, im high sentience, which means I can't fall asleep since im aware of the position of the tongue all the time and I know that I may choke while sleeping.

Do I really need jaw surgery? May jaw looks decent from the front, but from the side you can notice the thing didn't wrong properly if you have an eye for aesthetics.

While I would appreciate the improvements of jaw surgery aesthetics wise, im too old (early 30's, approaching mid) and jaded to care about it enough to go through a brutal recovery and risk ending up with permanent sides like lack of sensitivity and so on.

The only alternative I can think of is a CPAP machine. Would it be enough to get the air getting past the tongue block? While annoying to sleep with that, it would be easier than a bimax (I probably need CCW of maxilla and jaw advancement)

I also suffer from a constant muccus buildup for some reason. This fucks up my sleep even more since I have to wake up to spit it.

In a way it reminds me of Lionel Messi. This guy has a recessed jaw and was seen spitting some stuff in matches. What im wondering is, how the fuck is he a top athlete, probably the best ever, while having a shitty air pathway and sinus issues? I wonder if he sleeps on a CPAP machine.

Anyway, let me know.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Wallenberg
Get IMDO

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and Deleted member 15302
no pics no care

Not posting pics. I may draw it on paint.exe

I've noticed that when im fully relaxed, the tongue tends to block the air pathway. Im figuring this is what causes low sentience people to snore, since the snore is the struggle of the air trying to get past the tongue, and some does, avoiding asphixia and causing the snore sound. However, im high sentience, which means I can't fall asleep since im aware of the position of the tongue all the time and I know that I may choke while sleeping.

Do I really need jaw surgery? May jaw looks decent from the front, but from the side you can notice the thing didn't wrong properly if you have an eye for aesthetics.

While I would appreciate the improvements of jaw surgery aesthetics wise, im too old (early 30's, approaching mid) and jaded to care about it enough to go through a brutal recovery and risk ending up with permanent sides like lack of sensitivity and so on.

The only alternative I can think of is a CPAP machine. Would it be enough to get the air getting past the tongue block? While annoying to sleep with that, it would be easier than a bimax (I probably need CCW of maxilla and jaw advancement)

I also suffer from a constant muccus buildup for some reason. This fucks up my sleep even more since I have to wake up to spit it.

In a way it reminds me of Lionel Messi. This guy has a recessed jaw and was seen spitting some stuff in matches. What im wondering is, how the fuck is he a top athlete, probably the best ever, while having a shitty air pathway and sinus issues? I wonder if he sleeps on a CPAP machine.

Anyway, let me know.
Are you recessed? have you had orthodontic treatment when u were young? there are many alternatives besides cpap and bimax i.e. hypoglossal stimulation by inspire

surgery ....consult an experienced non conservative surgeon and tell me if you find one in the US since i need a 2nd bimax :feelskek: