My Xray for bimax - which surgeon should I choose?

M

marken12

Iron
Overbite

So basically I have an overbite and suffer a bit from SFS (short face syndrome). I'm interested in getting a bimax and currently my top 2 choices are Alfaro and Ramieri, thoughts on which one would be better for my case?

Also, does it make sense to get inframalar implants during my bimax or should I wait to see how bimax affects my entire face first? Afaik you will also gain a very slight zygos forward projection with bimax right? Or is that cope

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and ifyouwannabemylover
if you have sfs i would go with alfaro. he will do downward graft of maxilla, slight cw rotation and significnat forward movement

• +1
Reactions: metagross
but care: alfaro bumped his prices it's 40k now with hospital stay

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, ROTTING and Pumanator
Who told you you had sfs

View attachment 1644718

So basically I have an overbite and suffer a bit from SFS (short face syndrome). I'm interested in getting a bimax and currently my top 2 choices are Alfaro and Ramieri, thoughts on which one would be better for my case?

Also, does it make sense to get inframalar implants during my bimax or should I wait to see how bimax affects my entire face first? Afaik you will also gain a very slight zygos forward projection with bimax right? Or is that cope
alfaro is a dogmaxxer. go to ramieri.

• +1
Reactions: Gigan
You do have an overbite or class 2 div 2 malocclusion but you don’t have sfs
It's quite prevalent when chewing/talking. if I mew and keep my teeth apart I don't but that's frauding.

• JFL
Reactions: sergeant blackpill
  • JFL
Reactions: wayme, Tallooksmaxxer, sergeant blackpill and 2 others
don’t spread misinformation buddy
Who are you to tell me that, I am literally an ortho resident, in a few years i will be a Orthodontist

Last edited:
Who are you to tell me that, I am literally an ortho resident, in a few years i will be a Orthodontist
this is textbook short face syndrome

look at his flat occlusal plane and flat mandibular angle

very sad to see a person who is supposed to diagnose this in a few years struggle.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and metagross
if you have sfs i would go with alfaro. he will do downward graft of maxilla, slight cw rotation and significnat forward movement
Does ramieri not do maxillary downgrating

Yes he does, I had it for my short face.
did it improve your smile?

I saw before and afters of your resting face and it ascended for sure but I havent seen your smile.

I was hoping to get something similar to the girl in my avi cos we have similar failos

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
did it improve your smile?

I saw before and afters of your resting face and it ascended for sure but I havent seen your smile.

I was hoping to get something similar to the girl in my avi cos we have similar failos

Yeah I have a full smile and can see my full top teeth now.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Boldandbeautiful
Bump - interested in more opinions, especially regarding my case.

Also, is it possible to tell from that xray if I'll need pre-orthodontic treatment? I've already had braces for 3 years for my overbite, took them off over a year ago

View attachment 1644718

Alfaro doesn't do implants. He does fat grafts for high cheekbones. He quoted me 35,000 euro to fix my face. I never consulted with him but I am unsure if this was just for bimax or not. If that included expansion of both jaws that is good.

I would go with Ramieri. They are simillar quality and Ramieri is cheaper.

I would get the implants with your bimax if you can afford it. You want them to adfance your midface foward. Also for high cheekbones.

• +1
Reactions: marken12
View attachment 1644718

after consulting with so many surgeons i would take ramieri ANY DAY

heighmaxxerxd please text me.​

I've also consulted with many surgeons and Ramieri seems to know his stuff :)

View attachment 1644718

I dont think you'd require extreme moves....so if you consider Alfaro for that...then don't have to consider him