My Xray picture, i need advice for jaw surgery

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
Just had a surgeon meeting, and he wants me to get a chin wing and braces to fix bimax.protrusion. He said my airways look normal, but i doubt it.
Would i benefit more from bimax+genio or even jaw implants. Im already mid-late20s :cry:

0DF72BEF D3C9 4C64 8BCA EAE48653A3CB

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
if you don't need bimax i wouldn't go through the struggles of being basically knocked out of life for half a year. implants all the way

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840, mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
short midface, so just go out and slay

The protruding lips are caused by protruding teeth?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and one job away
Just had a surgeon meeting, and he wants me to get a chin wing and braces to fix bimax.protrusion. He said my airways look normal, but i doubt it.
Would i benefit more from bimax+genio or even jaw implants. Im already mid-late20s :cry:

View attachment 1614714
You consulted Z?
Be careful when he suggests chin wing. He likes to put that on everyone.

Tho idk if bimax is better. I can’t really give advice based on scans. Only on normal side profile pic. But looks like bimax would be better

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
Swear people just diagnose “bimax protrusion” on everyone. Nigga you need bimax bright as day

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, Lorsss and one job away
The protruding lips are caused by protruding teeth?
Yes. My ortho who supervises planning said a patient wanted the protruding lips so they made them teeth more slanted.

• +1
Reactions: gamma
You consulted Z?
Be careful when he suggests chin wing. He likes to put that on everyone.

Tho idk if bimax is better. I can’t really give advice based on scans. Only on normal side profile pic. But looks like bimax would be better

Needs a more protruding chin for sure

Idk if chin wing or genio, why chin wing should be better than genio?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Needs a more protruding chin for sure

Idk if chin wing or genio, why chin wing should be better than genio?
Chin wing can do much more than a genio and keep harmony as it doesn’t just split the chin off.

But can’t combine normal bsso with chinwing.

Chinwing always appeared to me like a Budget jaw surgery when you don’t want bimax but imo bimax mogs

• +1
Reactions: gamma
Were you standing straight? Thats a pretty bad neck posture. Typical nerd neck with backwards head tilt and too much backwards rotation of the head. The spine shoud be straight and back of the head should be as straight/flat as possible.

I dont think braces will fix protrusion, because your mouth looks crowded already. There is not much space to push the front teeth back. Did you have your wisdom teeth extracted or are they still in? If you had wisdom teeth removed and still have this crowded mouth, then your maxilla is rather recessed.

You have a bit of this and need to improve your neck and head posture to be straight, like on the animation in the beginning.

Ezgif 3 edcdeadd67c6

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Deleted member 7098
Getting a rigorous assessment with a cephalometric analysis from your surgeon (or another one) is what you need. He will need to measure the amount of facial divergence in your face, along with other important angles (facial convexity, etc). Only numbers can tell what you exactly need. Get your face analyzed with your head in "natural position". From what I can see, your lips protrude out of the Ricketts E-plane. If you're black, this is normal. If you're white, this features deviates from average. That could indicate many things:
1. You just have thick soft tissue in that area. Unlikely if your lips aren't particularly big
2. You have alveolar protrusion. Only a ceph analysis can tell if that's the case.
3.Your chin and/or jaw do not project forward enough. If it's the case, that would mean that your chin doesn't align with your forehead in natural head position and that your facial convexity angle is off. Only a ceph analysis can check that up.
Numbers don't lie. If the measurements tell that you have recession, then your surgeon will have to admit it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840 and SOS-Sonic
if you don't need bimax i wouldn't go through the struggles of being basically knocked out of life for half a year. implants all the way
Considering his mouth protrusion, I'd say he needs something at least (osseous procedure).

Getting a rigorous assessment with a cephalometric analysis from your surgeon (or another one) is what you need. He will need to measure the amount of facial divergence in your face, along with other important angles (facial convexity, etc). Only numbers can tell what you exactly need. Get your face analyzed with your head in "natural position". From what I can see, your lips protrude out of the Ricketts E-plane. If you're black, this is normal. If you're white, this features deviates from average. That could indicate many things:
1. You just have thick soft tissue in that area. Unlikely if your lips aren't particularly big
2. You have alveolar protrusion. Only a ceph analysis can tell if that's the case.
3.Your chin and/or jaw do not project forward enough. If it's the case, that would mean that your chin doesn't align with your forehead in natural head position and that your facial convexity angle is off. Only a ceph analysis can check that up.
Numbers don't lie. If the measurements tell that you have recession, then your surgeon will have to admit it.
1. My lips are gigantic. Comically big, and the lower lip hangs down without support.
Also my upper teeth where almost sticking out of my mouth and where too big. I got them cut down to reduce height. It looks like max. protrusion to me.

I have extreme crowding in the lower teeths, also a lot of tori mandibularis bones.
Palate also very narrow.
Ideally i would get mse+msdo and then bimax+genii. But considering my age and the time+money investment, i dont know if its worth.
Maybe getting veneers for lower crowding and wraparound jaw implant would solve the deal well enough.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5892
1. My lips are gigantic. Comically big, and the lower lip hangs down without support.
Also my upper teeth where almost sticking out of my mouth and where too big. I got them cut down to reduce height. It looks like max. protrusion to me.

I have extreme crowding in the lower teeths, also a lot of tori mandibularis bones.
Palate also very narrow.
Ideally i would get mse+msdo and then bimax+genii. But considering my age and the time+money investment, i dont know if its worth.
Maybe getting veneers for lower crowding and wraparound jaw implant would solve the deal well enough.
Mmm if I were you, I wouldn't get a wraparound jaw implant and try to fix the real issue. But that's just me.
Definitely get braces. Take it or leave it, but I'd prefer to pay more and be guaranteed of getting an ideal result, instead of just paying for an implant.
You should fix the really issue and not try to hide it. If your lips are too big -> lips reduction. If you have bimax protrusion -> either get braces with elastics or ASO. Sometimes, lips can appear way too big if your jaw is downward grown. So, in that case, bimax + genio.
But only getting an implant...idk it wouldn't replicate the effects of a maxillary CCW or advancement for example (if you need it). Also, the way it affects tissues on your mandible is different than with a BSSO.
At the end, you should make your own decision, but I'd say try to solve the issue step by step, logically, without being impatient

View attachment 1614714
Lol who is it? Triaca? Are you still visiting him?

no matter the case, it's impossible to benefit more from implants than from bimax, because bimax fixes the position of teeth arches and the mouth area together with repositioning the whole lower third whereas implants are just a jew trick to fraud a sharper jawline

you need bimax and genio not a chin wing

sloping forehead much?