Nails biting

JoKhao

JoKhao

Iron
Might be over.

When I'm getting stressed or anxious I start biting and picking my nails and I don't even I realize it, I been doing this for years bad habit from when I was idk like 5-6 maybe even younger.

Any tips for this? Maybe is something deeper?

• +1
Reactions: Rea and PointOfNoReturn
This is fine bro

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and JoKhao
Clear your mind dude. Your body will naturally find a way to distract yourself from tough situations that you will put into your head. Once you learn how to control your stress, it will go away on its own. And to slowly combat this issue of biting your nails as it is gross on its own, js find another habit to focus on FOR THE TIME BEING (i.e. tapping your feet or fingers.)

I have done this, but I may have done it a bit too much. Because once I stopped and focused on tapping movements, I ended up doing them when I wasn't actually anxious. It turned to happen literally any time I was sitting down and not thinking about something. Take some precation from that too.

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and JoKhao
Clear your mind dude. Your body will naturally find a way to distract yourself from tough situations that you will put into your head. Once you learn how to control your stress, it will go away on its own. And to slowly combat this issue of biting your nails as it is gross on its own, js find another habit to focus on FOR THE TIME BEING (i.e. tapping your feet or fingers.)

I have done this, but I may have done it a bit too much. Because once I stopped and focused on tapping movements, I ended up doing them when I wasn't actually anxious. It turned to happen literally any time I was sitting down and not thinking about something. Take some precation from that too.
Thanks bro like it got to the point that I start bleeding shit messing me up, not only that but people can also see that I'm stressed about it

• +1
Reactions: G.R.A.E and PointOfNoReturn
my friend did this and her mom taped her fingers with like 10 layers of bandage
might wanna try that lol

• +1
Reactions: JoKhao and PointOfNoReturn
There are products that you apply to your nails that taste horrible but aren’t toxic. I used one of those for a week or two and once my nails grew to normal length I haven’t had the urge to bite them :feelsokman:

Haha heard that one too I may try to change it with gum and I need to know how to control my emotions
thats good
another idea is to rub something bitter or spicy on your fingertips but you will feel hell if you touch your eyes or wipe your ass

My trick : paint them

Dead serious you won't bite them ever again

• +1
Reactions: JoKhao
Might be over.

When I'm getting stressed or anxious I start biting and picking my nails and I don't even I realize it, I been doing this for years bad habit from when I was idk like 5-6 maybe even younger.

Any tips for this? Maybe is something deeper?
Put transparent polish on you’re fingers, when you bite them you will feel the bitter taste of the polish and you will tend to not bite them

• +1
Reactions: JoKhao