Nasolabial Fold Research (with sources)

T

tommyice

Bronze
I’ve been searching on here for quality information regarding Nasolabial Folds, I’ve unfortunately been unable to uncover anything valuable anyone has made, so I did some of my own research and found some articles and possible solutions to dealing with them.

Before I continue, it should be noted that nasolabial folds are a natural process of aging and everyone has a degree of them no matter what.

Causes of Nasolabial Folds:

Dermal elasticity decreases as you age, thus allowing for nasolabial folds to become more deep set and develop. Alongside the cause of Nasolabial folds is also subcutaneous adipose layer of your cheeks creates the sagging motion that makes your skin look aged. This also is the reason why dermal fillers are effective in the areas around the cheeks to decrease nasolabial prominence(I don’t recommend fillers though since they are temporary and usually lead to side effects long term)

While Dermal Elasticity plays a big part in the prominence of nasolabial folds, it is not the only cause. Nasolabial folds in regards to age are caused by loss of deep fat and subsequent loss of muscle contour in the midface, leading to sagging which forms cosmetic issues in some cases when they are otherwise overly pronounced.

So nasolabial folds are caused by 2 primary things. Loss of fat and reduction of dermal elasticity. Which leads us to a few possible solutions.

Possible Solution 1. Skinmaxxing:

2 Studies suggest that using hyaluronic acid fillers will improve long-term. However though, hyaluronic acid is also a product that you can apply directly to your skin. I will link the skinmaxxing guide as seen in another thread and a list of product recommendations are included in the document. Essentially as noted in the study I'm going to link, skin rejuvination properties from using it result in boosted collagen, skin tightness, and anti-wrinkle. So even if you do not suffer from Nasolabial prominence, hyularonic acid is actually a very effective product.

Hyaluronic Acid benefits study:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20969657/

Hyaluronic Acid filler study:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20969657/

Possible Solution 2. Subcision:

Subcision is the process in which a surgeon basically uses a hypodermic needle in order to break up the area and separates the fats and connective tissue and allows for restoration to take place. Subcision is the closest we can get to severe reduction of nasolabial folds, acne scars, and wrinkles. The methods as far as I've researched are anywhere from $2,000 - $4000, however the results achieved last a long time, much longer than fillers, with no nearly as long lasting side effects as the potential of using fillers.

This is just another bonus for skinmaxxing, reduction of nasolabial folds is key for preserving a youthful looking face.

I will be updating this post as time goes on with more information about nasolabial folds, but here's just baseline research for you all to read through and digest.

LINK TO SKINMAXXING GUIDE:

Goodluck ascending brothers.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lolcel, readd, RAITEIII and 7 others
im 16 and have this since the day i was born fuck you

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Lolcel, Limbo, Deleted member 275 and 2 others
  • Love it
Reactions: inceletto
good thread, bookmarked.

• +1
Reactions: tommyice and EasternRightWinger15
Imagine spending 2000$ for nasalobial fold jfl

Nasolabial folds can be a huge falio depending on how severe they are.

• +1
Reactions: Wes30001, RAITEIII and Deleted member 1849
Another side effect of having a recessed maxilla/low set cheekbones

• +1
Reactions: Wes30001 and Deleted member 1849
Not entirely true. Nasolabial folds can exist with a normal maxilla, their prominence is increased with a recessed one though

• +1
Reactions: Wes30001, ScramFranklin, her and 1 other person
To attract young attractive females you cannot have nasalobial fold. Or any fold or wrinkle.

• +1
Reactions: Wes30001 and tommyice
Nasolabial folds can be a huge falio depending on how severe they are.
I agree man,but with 2000$ you can do a better act on your face...
To attract young attractive females you cannot have nasalobial fold. Or any fold or wrinkle.
But with 2000$ you can improve your jaw...it's better tbh than nasolabial

I agree man,but with 2000$ you can do a better act on your face...

But with 2000$ you can improve your jaw...it's better tbh than nasolabial
This is true, and I agree other procedures may be better but Nasolabial folds are a falio if you've achieved a good implant and don't suffer from maxilla recession

@Leo0509 thoughts?

Attachments

• F2BA53A4-7A45-408F-9C50-D6D7AF26FF10.jpeg
    F2BA53A4-7A45-408F-9C50-D6D7AF26FF10.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 28
I have been saying since day one that nasolabial folds have nothing to do with the maxilla and people keep on saying thats not the case without any evidence to back it up. Some legit retards on this website.

I have forward grown maxilla and high set cheekbones yet my nasolabial folds are notorious even in daylight :feelsrope: