(natty) How much gains can I REALLY hold on to while moderately cutting

mnbvcxz

mnbvcxz

Levantlet
Lets say deficit of 500-700 cals a day and 200g protein, how much gains can I expect to hold on to if I keep this up for 3 months or so? Whats ur guys experience?

Lets also say I bench 200lbs, how much do u think my bench will drop on my cut if I'm doing everything the way im supposed to?

Dont know if you still need an answer but you can 100% keep all muscle while cutting, people just say you do because they either don’t keep macros in check or they’re just not as big as they think, as long as you stay in the 1-3 lb loss per week (3 is kinda pushing it) and you keep your macros in check you’ll be fine. You MIGHT lose strength for a little because fat loss does change biomechanics but you’ll form the new neuro-adaptations quickly and regain it, at least in my experience. Your bench should remain the same probably increase.

If ur a readcel: keep macros in check, 1-3 lb fat loss per week, you won’t lose any muscle probably build a little and bench will go up a little

• +1
Reactions: Aloft, mnbvcxz and RealNinja
Dont know if you still need an answer but you can 100% keep all muscle while cutting, people just say you do because they either don’t keep macros in check or they’re just not as big as they think, as long as you stay in the 1-3 lb loss per week (3 is kinda pushing it) and you keep your macros in check you’ll be fine. You MIGHT lose strength for a little because fat loss does change biomechanics but you’ll form the new neuro-adaptations quickly and regain it, at least in my experience. Your bench should remain the same probably increase.

If ur a readcel: keep macros in check, 1-3 lb fat loss per week, you won’t lose any muscle probably build a little and bench will go up a little
good reply but it’s normal to actually lose strength just because of cutting calories/carb intake. When you’re bulking and eating a lot of carbs your muscles are saturated with water and glycogen which makes them look fuller and gives you more strength. If you cut carbs in half or by 2/3rds then you can definitely look smaller and have your lifts suffer. Keep in mind your bench won’t go from 225 to 150 but you may lose a few pounds or a few reps. At the end of a cut, have a few carb heavy refeed meals and you will look insane in the gym

• +1
Reactions: mnbvcxz and cannotbeasked
At the end of a cut, have a few carb heavy refeed meals and you will look insane in the gym
Wow carbs really make that much of a difference when it comes to muscle size? very interesting

Wow carbs really make that much of a difference when it comes to muscle size? very interesting
When humans discovered agriculture we became the most dominant species on the planet. Carbs are anabolic af

• Woah
Reactions: mnbvcxz
Lets say deficit of 500-700 cals a day and 200g protein, how much gains can I expect to hold on to if I keep this up for 3 months or so? Whats ur guys experience?

Lets also say I bench 200lbs, how much do u think my bench will drop on my cut if I'm doing everything the way im supposed to?
You won't lose much lean tissue, you would have a lot of fullness from nitrogen+ water that your muscles dump as you lose weight. Chances are you didn't have as much lean tissue as you thought, you'll start thinking you can't train natty and want to hop on gear

Tbh if you're interested in bodybuilding at all just go on a light test + var cycle and your BDD will evaporate