Neck thickness and ramus visibility

Tom Jones

Tom Jones

Herdsman
if one were to build a neck as wide as the mandible, would the ramus of the mandible still be defined (given your bf% and mandible are good) if you have proper head posture and not that subhuman forward neck shit.

When I was lean and skinny as a pipe cleaner my ramus was visible a lot. When I got a little fatter I was only visible in certain lighting or if jut my head forward and look up like this.
Sterno

imagine if the sternocleidomastoid was thicker/wider then you would think that the jaw and muscle kinda blended unless you are 6% bf

Anyone have experience/examples

• Hmm...
Reactions: beau
I grew my neck, my ramus was massively visible before

Now it's not lol people here said it effects my side profile as a result

However, from the front I have higher sex appeal

It's a double edged sword

But I legit got no commenting on the ramus before nobody does tbh

I grew my neck, my ramus was massively visible before

Now it's not lol people here said it effects my side profile as a result

However, from the front I have higher sex appeal

It's a double edged sword

But I legit got no commenting on the ramus before nobody does tbh

hhmm. could you post a pic of your skull from profile as it is now (just so the ramus is visible don't need to see the rest)

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101
My ramus is huge always was visible even when fat. U probably are a jaw cel from side

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Oberyn, Tom Jones and DesperadoRatado
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
if one were to build a neck as wide as the mandible, would the ramus of the mandible still be defined
Depends on masseter prominence and body fat percentage

• +1
Reactions: xanny, Tom Jones and Deleted member 18840
Nnot too bad. the pic is of my jaw
I remember ur jaw lacked angularity at 20/100 bf. It can explain it. My jaw looks better now that my neck is bigger

• +1
Reactions: trinitysinity and Tom Jones
I remember ur jaw lacked angularity at 20/100 bf. It can explain it. My jaw looks better now that my neck is bigger
yeah the pics are when i was maybe 15-16 % bf

This is one from the same time when my head is in a proper position and neck posture

Mef

its just visible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
I heard you are only supposed to train the neck laterally to avoid this

• +1
Reactions: Tom Jones
I heard you are only supposed to train the neck laterally to avoid this

But latteral movement, there is heavy involmenent of sternocleidomastoid which is the muscle I thought would be interfering with ramus if it got too wide..

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Sigmamale and Deleted member 18840
But latteral movement, there is heavy involmenent of sternocleidomastoid which is the muscle I thought would be interfering with ramus if it got too wide..
Hmm maybe I think if you only train lateral that you avoid looking like you have no neck. Lateral would cause width so it makes sense. Your neck is supposed to be 79 % if your head size to avoid this.

The SCM attaches behind the ear, there will always be a gap between it and the ramus. I think these fears are unfounded and you overestimate how much mass you can add as well.

• +1
Reactions: Tom Jones
The SCM attaches behind the ear, there will always be a gap between it and the ramus. I think these fears are unfounded and you overestimate how much mass you can add as well.
Yes but i can feel my SCM extending behind my ramus so they will always clash.
But I think you are right about mass. Don’t need much anyway and if I stay low BF hopefully won’t be a problem