Need a plan, orthodontist rejected to do MSE.

aphoria

aphoria

Iron
I badly wanted to do MSE, went to orthodontist and mentioned all the good reasons (narrowish palate, trouble breathing through mouth during sleep, etc.), but she said my bite is fine (no malocclusion) and I will just make thing worse and my palate is not that narrow. She suggested to just get braces.

My nose sucks and I have deviated setup so I certainly want to do rhinoplasty/septoplasty, but it makes sense do it after MSE, but now I am not sure. Should I keep searching for ortho to do MSE or other jaw surgeries or just give up on jaw surgeries and go with nose job?

Attachments

• 20200817_152920.jpg
    20200817_152920.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220326_163317.jpg
    20220326_163317.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022-03-27- 20-27-38.png
    2022-03-27- 20-27-38.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200816_115424.jpg
    20200816_115424.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20210916-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210916-WA0001.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20210916-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20210916-WA0023.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 0
Rhino won't change your nose much. It looks like you have recessed maxilla and mandible. You need Bimax not rhino. Bimax will fix your nose and everything else.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Pumanator
(You might need to do rhino after bimax)

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
Rhino won't change your nose much. It looks like you have recessed maxilla and mandible. You need Bimax not rhino. Bimax will fix your nose and everything else.
he doesn't really look recessed from profile

Do you really think someone is going to give me bimax? I have no malocclusion or sleep apnea or TMJ problems or anything like that...

he doesn't really look recessed from profile
He is recessed but below the orbitals as well. But because most of his face is recessed as well, it just creates an illusion that makes it look like he has no problem with his maxilla.
Line
as you can see the angle of the line is very low. If he was a little more recessed on the lefort 1 area the angle would literally be 90 degrees. I bet even some of that angle comes from teeth that is tipped too much outwards. And his nose just proves that. Its overprojected. If he decides to get rhinoplasty at some point he needs to get a surgery that involves setting the tip back, otherwise it's gonna end up botched. This is why rhinoplasty alone really looks bad on these kind of facial profiles in my opinion

• +1
Reactions: chigoha
I badly wanted to do MSE, went to orthodontist and mentioned all the good reasons (narrowish palate, trouble breathing through mouth during sleep, etc.), but she said my bite is fine (no malocclusion) and I will just make thing worse and my palate is not that narrow. She suggested to just get braces.

My nose sucks and I have deviated setup so I certainly want to do rhinoplasty/septoplasty, but it makes sense do it after MSE, but now I am not sure. Should I keep searching for ortho to do MSE or other jaw surgeries or just give up on jaw surgeries and go with nose job?
Side profile looks like a slightly recessed mike thurston

Implants for you

Get SARPE for both the upper and the lower jaw, with genioplasty with midline bone graft if your palate is too narrow, you look quite old for MSE (which should be surgically assisted to work in people older than 15-16 years old, in adults is basically a "less invasive SARPE" AFAIK.) Keep searching for orthos and consult with surgeons.

c
View attachment 1610016as you can see the angle of the line is very low. If he was a little more recessed on the lefort 1 area the angle would literally be 90 degrees. I bet even some of that angle comes from teeth that is tipped too much outwards. And his nose just proves that. Its overprojected. If he decides to get rhinoplasty at some point he needs to get a surgery that involves setting the tip back, otherwise it's gonna end up botched. This is why rhinoplasty alone really looks bad on these kind of facial profiles in my opinion

He is recessed but below the orbitals as well. But because most of his face is recessed as well, it just creates an illusion that makes it look like he has no problem with his maxilla.
Downward growth obviously, but perhaps not enough to get jaw surgery.

If he was a little more recessed on the lefort 1 area the angle would literally be 90 degrees.
Angle very much depends on the angle photo is taken.

I bet even some of that angle comes from teeth that is tipped too much outwards.
I don't think that is the case.
20220328 183210
20220328 183244

If he decides to get rhinoplasty at some point he needs to get a surgery that involves setting the tip back, otherwise it's gonna end up botched.
Obviously.

You can do it yourself for live 1k and save for a bimax

You are starving for a bimax
Stop with the MSE bullshit and DM raffaini

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic