What do I ask the orthodontist for?

D

Doomer

Iron
I was told that I need to talk to an orthodontist because my entire upper dental arch (palate?) is too small. And I have bad overcrowding and overbite. So now I’m probably going to get that expanded. I think that should give me more mid face support and a better lower face, but someone confirm that.

My maxilla is forward to an amount that’s good and I don’t want to recess it. My jaw is recessed due to overbite and overcrowding.

By the way, I’m a minor in puberty. What’s going to be the effects of the expansion of the upper arch? What treatments should I ask about and what do I need to avoid at all costs?

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Long gone are the days when you could've learned shit on here.

You will get 0 replies and if you get any they will tell you to bonesmash your braces after placing them in lmao

• JFL
Reactions: nathan
I was told that I need to talk to an orthodontist because my entire upper dental arch (palate?) is too small. And I have bad overcrowding and overbite. So now I’m probably going to get that expanded. I think that should give me more mid face support and a better lower face, but someone confirm that.

My maxilla is forward to an amount that’s good and I don’t want to recess it. My jaw is recessed due to overbite and overcrowding.

By the way, I’m a minor in puberty. What’s going to be the effects of the expansion of the upper arch? What treatments should I ask about and what do I need to avoid at all costs?
Expand and get a forsus appliance or something similar to bring the lower jaw forward. Do not get extractions or Elastics. Simple as that

no pic no care