Need help with fixing my forehead, can't decide on what to do

Ur brain did not grow correctly leading to this issu
I have an naturally very high hairline (9cm) with minimal amount of recession on right temple (left in the picture). The other temple has no recession at all. My hair has been stable for a number of years without any medication, just dermaneedling at a depth of 1.5mm which actually caused a lot of little hairs to grow (those that you see in the photo at the hairline, and a lot on my right temple).

image.png

My forehead has bothered me since I was a kid, always had people commenting on it, etc. But for me it's really hard to decide what to do, and I want some help.

The options I have are:
  1. forehead reduction 1.5-2cm, combined with a hair transplant in the future over the scar. This would in theory create the best and most dense result possible, spending minimal grafts (better donor). At the cost of a scar at my hairline that may or may not lead to complications, but can probably be hidden with the transplant. My father is bald, but all the males in my mom's family have very dense hair in old age. Seeing as I'm approaching 30 with minimal hairloss, I'm thinking my hair will probably stay stable, but can't be fully sure. I have quite bad scarring in general so the scar scares me a lot. With a transplant I could in theory lower my hairline by 2.5-3cm.
  2. Multiple FUE transplant to lower the hairline by 2CM. This comes at a risk of depleting my donor area, potentially grafts falling out, and achieving less density than I would by just lowering my hairline. Also scarring at the back of the head. I would need a lot of grafts to get a dense look, and my hairline will likely always be different than my natural hair behind it. Also having the risk of receding in the future,etc. of course. But this option doesn't leave me with the hairline reduction scar.
  3. FUT transplant. Similar to above, but I've been told FUT produces more dense results and uses less donor area. The hairs taken in FUT are more DHT resistant. Not sure about this.
  4. Accept it. to be real, this is not an option for me. I've been wearing caps and beanies for too many years. I want it to be resolved. Genuinely, my forehead is the only thing holding me back from creating an instagram and taking pictures of myself, etc. It's been a lifetime of pain looking like megamind.
Would be really glad to get any advice/opinions. If I was SURE the forehead reduction would go well and a transplant could easily cover the scar, I would probably go for this. But I scar easily, and shit always can go wrong. If i could fix my forehead which is my main flaw, I would be considered quite good looking by any standard.
e in skull shape

Any update on this? I'm in a similar situation except my forehead is shorter BUT my temples have stabilized with further recession than you

• +1
Reactions: researcher888
I am in the same boat too, still don't know if it's better to do ferehead reduction or hairtransplant directly. Think I'll probably just do HT at this point.

Edit : Just saw this video of the actual procedure of hairline lowering and holy shit I am never going to do this shit.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: researcher888
I am in the same boat too, still don't know if it's better to do ferehead reduction or hairtransplant directly. Think I'll probably just do HT at this point.

Edit : Just saw this video of the actual procedure of hairline lowering and holy shit I am never going to do this shit.

Don't be a little pussy. Even women do this shit. Who cares what it looks like when you are under anesthesia?

Any update on this? I'm in a similar situation except my forehead is shorter BUT my temples have stabilized with further recession than you
Still considering it

@researcher888 do you have Polish admixture?