Need help with jaw surgery

MansNotHot

MansNotHot

Kratos cucks everyone, including you
The maxillo-facial surgeon said i need 14 mm of projection on my mandible!!!????
Isn't that risky??

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard, SPFromNY914, freeone12 and 2 others
The maxillo-facial surgeon said i need 14 mm of projection on my mandible!!!????
Isn't that risky??
if he says that you need that

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Danish_Retard, Lev Peshkov and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 7125
said i need 14 mm of projection on my mandible
That's quite a lot but it at least means he'll give you maximum results and not chicken out to do an unaesthetic job

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, SPFromNY914, toolateforme and 1 other person
jfl more than 11mm is risky brah

I guess it depends tho

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and MansNotHot
That's quite a lot but it at least means he'll give you maximum results and not chicken out to do an unaesthetic job
So i can trust him tbh?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125
its mean youre a subhuman, welcome to the club

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, KraftDurchLeid, kuroganeikki and 7 others
  • +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and MansNotHot
Need answers asap cuz if i say yes he's gonna operate me in mid November +

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125
  • +1
Reactions: MansNotHot
@RealSurgerymax
@Sergio-OMS
Calling in the gods themselves, hope they can answer

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bewusst, Danish_Retard and RealSurgerymax
Someone else?

Isn't that risky??
Who's the surgeon and also yes you should do as your surgeon asked.

• +1
Isn't that risky??
Who’s the doctor? I need someone like him

• +1
Marianetti or Pagnoni? I guess Pagnoni he is kinda blackpilled

• +1
10mm and over as a player advancement is conserved a big move, but 12 to 14 are considered the maximum by most guidelines, but can be done with robust plating.

Do you have an overbite and is this just the mandibular Advancment (not double jaw)? If so he may intend to use IMF to resist relapse.

I wouldn’t second guess anyone at Ortognatica Roma

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7863 and MansNotHot
Jist fucking get it

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 7863 and MansNotHot
10mm and over as a player advancement is conserved a big move, but 12 to 14 are considered the maximum by most guidelines, but can be done with robust plating.

Do you have an overbite and is this just the mandibular Advancment (not double jaw)? If so he may intend to use IMF to resist relapse.

I wouldn’t second guess anyone at Ortognatica Roma
Yes i have severe overbite and gum show so he's gonna cut my maxilla and bring it upwards + bring jaw forward 14 mm.
I was just thinking, is it dangerous for nerve damage and so on

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
mine was 15mm to right side of mandible, 10mm to left side. asymmetry case obviously. ensure fixation is done by titanium miniplates with two bands

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and MansNotHot
Btw if i want to the surgeon said he could operate me mid november tbh

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and MansNotHot
No relapse? And how did the result turn out aesthetically?
one month post OP. no hardware relapse, far too early to tell on condylar relapse

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990 and MansNotHot
  • +1
mine was 15mm to right side of mandible, 10mm to left side. asymmetry case obviously. ensure fixation is done by titanium miniplates with two bands
Why is it always greycels that do crazy shit like this tbh and never established members.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: MansNotHot and Danish_Retard
Yes i have severe overbite and gum show so he's gonna cut my maxilla and bring it upwards + bring jaw forward 14 mm.
I was just thinking, is it dangerous for nerve damage and so on

There is always some risk of nerve injury but it’s important to put this into context that:

• The nerves at risk control feeling but not movement
• The symptoms from Orthognathic IAN injury is usually temporary and gets better on its own over time
• The symptoms are usually numbness and tingling which is frankly not that catastrophic....

• +1
There is always some risk of nerve injury but it’s important to put this into context that:

• The symptoms from Orthognathic IAN injury is usually temporary and gets better on its own over time
• The symptoms are usually numbness and tingling which is frankly not that catastrophic....
Thank you for helping out

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax

how often do you see teeth lose blood supply long term? happened to one of mine, showed up 3 weeks post OP and I've been told it may resolve in the next 3 months, however likely looking at implant.

edit: are you the maxfac?

how often do you see teeth lose blood supply long term? happened to one of mine, showed up 3 weeks post OP and I've been told it may resolve in the next 3 months, however likely looking at implant.

edit: are you the maxfac?

That’s pretty rare in a young healthy person even if the neurovascular bundle is severed with a shitty reconstruction because there is still some blood supply coming from the muscle and gingiva attachment on the lingual side. It obviously isn’t an ideal amount of perfusion which is why total subapical osteotomies work but aren’t preferred because of a high risk of bone and tooth loss.

It’s also why never smoking is extremely important for great surgical recovery. (Not saying you did but in general, it’s a good time to point this out.)

No training to be a head to toe plastic surgeon with special interest in face.

Bro, how were the cosmetic results? It was worth it? Have you shared pics?

• +1
Bro, how were the cosmetic results? It was worth it? Have you shared pics?
too scared to take pictures, but I do like what I see in the mirror, very natural result, major asymmetry corrected but rest of face - midface, orbitals, gonions need implants. Lacking chin projection a touch from the side. most people I knew prior probably won't pick up on the surgery. Hard to believe I got the movements in the planning (of course I did, though).

• +1
Thanks man, do you think your life has changed something? How do people treat you now?

• +1