Need help with university [HIGH IQ ADVICE WANTED]

Deleted member 13367

Deleted member 13367

masc slayer
This is very important, I urge anyone who is somewhat knowledgeable on the subject to share their opinion.

I basically have 2 main questions I'd like to have answers to.

Is CS worth studying in 2021?
I'm asking this because while I feel that CS still offers good job opportunities and above average salaries,
it has become incredibly oversaturated in the past couple of years. Its pretty much infested by foids and normies nowdays and I'm afraid the bubble might burst in the near future with too many people having the similar levels of qualification, which will massively undermine the overall worth of a CS degree.

2. Should I study in US?
From what I have seen the US is a literal heaven for CS grads when compared to the EU, which is cucked in literally every way possible, the difference in salary seems fucking unbelievable at times jfl.
Since I live in Eurocuckistan I would need to take a SAT/ACT but reddit cucks told me that these have been "discontinued" outside of the US and you now have to take an AP test (???). Also is there a big difference between doing undergrad in EU and masters in the US and doing both in the US? Would I cuck myself by doing the former?

I know this is a lot of questions but if someone answers just one of them I would be very happy.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
only worth if you enjoy it

devs will always be in high demand

• +1
Reactions: Entschuldigung, one job away, Deleted member 10107 and 1 other person
only worth if you enjoy it

devs will always be in high demand
Dude you're like my mother jfl. I can enjoy anything as long as Im getting paid well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Timelessbrah and hennypapi
Computer Science is a very useful set of skills to have. Why don't you take the degree in Europe but work in America.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
Computer Science is a very useful set of skills to have. Why don't you take the degree in Europe but work in America.
Reddit people told me that US companies are heavily biased towards graduates from their own schools. Seems to me that If you want to work in the US you would at least have to get a masters degree there. Otherwise this would be a perfect plan since the education in eurocuckistan is free.

Reddit people told me that US companies are heavily biased towards graduates from their own schools. Seems to me that If you want to work in the US you would at least have to get a masters degree there. Otherwise this would be a perfect plan since the education in eurocuckistan is free.
Seems like a bit off. why would a multi million company give a shit were their employees came from .

• +1
Seems like a bit off. why would a multi million company give a shit were their employees came from .
Probably something to do with the US schools being seen as more prestigious in general. US students just mog everyone else regardless if they are in Asia, EU or America

@thecel I would like to know your opinion. What are you studying?

Probably something to do with the US schools being seen as more prestigious in general. US students just mog everyone else regardless if they are in Asia, EU or America
I understand that, but it doesn't mean the other universities aren't good as well. In regards to that, I don't know what to say, but at least taking a degree in Europe will be much cheaper than the US.

• +1
I understand that, but it doesn't mean the other universities aren't good as well. In regards to that, I don't know what to say, but at least taking a degree in Europe will be much cheaper than the US.
Indeed there are many decent unis in the EU and their undergrad curriculum isnt really worse than that of American ones.
Kinda retraded how the degree from a US school will still be valued infinitely higher for no real reason. Also the costs dont really concern me, my boomer parents have more than enough money, they might as well spend it on their incel son for once.

Im gonna go sleep now. I expect a fuck ton of helpful comments tommorrow

• JFL
Reactions: Lolcel, efidescontinuado and hennypapi
cs degree is a waste of time. just do a 3 week machine learning bootcamp and make 6 figures

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Entschuldigung, Deleted member 13854 and 4 others
True. US companies favor US students because of locality and less paper work. No jfl, you don't need a Masters to get a software engineering job. A Bachelors and some work experience (internship) is more than enough.

cs degree is a waste of time. just do a 3 week machine learning bootcamp and make 6 figures
JFL Machine Learning positions at a startup or FAANG requires atleast a Masters. Bootcamps are better suited for frontend and backend jobs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367, hennypapi and AlwaysHaveQuestions
True. US companies favor US students because of locality and less paper work. No jfl, you don't need a Masters to get a software engineering job. A Bachelors and some work experience (internship) is more than enough.

JFL Machine Learning positions at a startup or FAANG requires atleast a Masters. Bootcamps are better suited for frontend and backend jobs.
Insightful reply ngl. Thing is, it seems I have already fucked myself in terms of applications because the semesters in the US start earilier and im pretty much fucked deadline-wise. Whats your opinion on undergrad in Europe and masters in the US?

You must learn from internet. Go to uni to meet people and make connections, but don't thing they will teach you anything.

1. 90% of knowledge in IT industry was invented in past 3 years and it didn't have time to end up in uni's curriculum.
2. Unis are lowering standards, abandoning SAT tests and admitting too many dumbfags.
3. Most successful people dropped out from uni. If you finish your degree you will become a genius scientist incel at best, but to succeed in life, you must be better than uni can provide.

• +1
Reactions: Iblamejordan, one job away and Deleted member 13367
You must learn from internet. Go to uni to meet people and make connections, but don't thing they will teach you anything.

1. 90% of knowledge in IT industry was invented in past 3 years and it didn't have time to end up in uni's curriculum.
2. Unis are lowering standards, abandoning SAT tests and admitting too many dumbfags.
3. Most successful people dropped out from uni. If you finish your degree you will become a genius scientist incel at best, but to succeed in life, you must be better than uni can provide.
Yeah its no secret that a large portion of university-obtained knowledge isnt really applicable but still I would need to get a degree since its pretty much a requirement. Also an internship at some good company also seems to be a must-have nowadays.

Last edited:
Indeed there are many decent unis in the EU and their undergrad curriculum isnt really worse than that of American ones.
Kinda retraded how the degree from a US school will still be valued infinitely higher for no real reason. Also the costs dont really concern me, my boomer parents have more than enough money, they might as well spend it on their incel son for once.
A degree in colleges here (I live in Europe) costs about 5.5K euros for foreign students, its a lot lower that the price where you live. Also, I've noticed some of the comments about just taking a side course, which might work, but its always important to at least have a solid base before doing them - the base is a bachelors. And from the bachelors you can grow, consider taking a side course, a free extra classes to gain more knowledge on a specific subject or simply being an intern and trying to get an actual job.

Last edited:
  • +1
Socially speaking devs aren't exactly pussywetters so keep that in mind. You will be surrounded by incels who do nothing but jerk off and drink beer as they spend hours in front of their computers. It's not necessarily a bad thing, you'll be making cash from what I hear.

Truth is, you need to think about it long-term. Can you handle being 40 years old and going to an office to sit behind a desk to write lines of code as you return home to your wife and kids, or do you seek something less mundane and more interesting?

That's how I recommend you think. Think about how the work would be like, how you'd feel, how an average day would come to be, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14086 and Deleted member 13367
1. Go ER

2. Rope

• JFL
Reactions: Lolcel
Insightful reply ngl. Thing is, it seems I have already fucked myself in terms of applications because the semesters in the US start earilier and im pretty much fucked deadline-wise. Whats your opinion on undergrad in Europe and masters in the US?
You can do undergrad in EU and masters in US but what are you planning to specialize in?

• +1
A degree in colleges here (I live in Europe) costs about 5.5K euros for foreign students, its a lot lower that the price where you live. Also, I've noticed some of the comments about just taking a side course, which might work, but its always important to at least have a solid base before doing them - the base is a bachelors. And from the bachelors you can grow, consider taking a side course, a free extra classes to gain more knowledge on a specific subject or simply being an intern and trying to get an actual job.
I actually live in Germany so an undergrad degree would be pretty much free here. Also I think the thing with additional courses during undergrad is only true in the US, EU schools literally just let you pick one major and minor (optional) with no additional courses ( I could be wrong tho).

You can do undergrad in EU and masters in US but what are you planning to specialize in?
Thats something I still have to think about tbh, thing is many schools here dont even offer that much specialization when it comes to bachelor, there is usually like 5-6 CS subjects to pick from.

Socially speaking devs aren't exactly pussywetters so keep that in mind. You will be surrounded by incels who do nothing but jerk off and drink beer as they spend hours in front of their computers. It's not necessarily a bad thing, you'll be making cash from what I hear.

Truth is, you need to think about it long-term. Can you handle being 40 years old and going to an office to sit behind a desk to write lines of code as you return home to your wife and kids, or do you seek something less mundane and more interesting?

That's how I recommend you think. Think about how the work would be like, how you'd feel, how an average day would come to be, etc.
I doubt the social implications of studying CS are as strong now as they were 10 years ago, simply due to how many normies are doing that shit nowdays jfl. The thing with long term wagecucking is what concerns me the most tbh but Im hoping that if I were to earn good amounts of money, I'd be able to take a break to ease a little after 10-15 years,

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13854
I actually live in Germany so an undergrad degree would be pretty much free here. Also I think the thing with additional courses during undergrad is only true in the US, EU schools literally just let you pick one major and minor (optional) with no additional courses ( I could be wrong tho).
Ahhh I see, then you are already set for life. Why would somebody want to leave Germany? Everyone in here wants go there, it offers great opportunities to study and work, even tough hypergamy is bitch by what I've heard. You don't need to take the side classes at the same time as your bachelors, it could be latter, or in the summer.

Last edited:
Ahhh I see, then you are already set for life. Why would somebody want to leave Germany? Everyone in here wants go there, it offers great opportunities to study and work, even tough hypergamy is bitch by what I've heard. You don't need to take the side classes at the same time as your bachelors, it could be latter, or in the summer.
Dude look at what this guy on reddit said. He could be exaggerating ofc but if the difference between EU and US is this huge, then I need to leave asap.

Reddit

• +1
Reactions: zeke714
Thats something I still have to think about tbh, thing is many schools here dont even offer that much specialization when it comes to bachelor, there is usually like 5-6 CS subjects to pick from.
Well there is no need to go for Masters if you don't know what you want to specialize in. I know a friend who recently just graduated w/ a Bachelors from a no-name state school and is making $90K USD plus bonuses at a health insurance company. He had only one internship during his Junior year.

• Woah
Bump, need more advice

Dude you're like my mother jfl. I can enjoy anything as long as Im getting paid well.
No you can't
I thought this too when I was younger but you can't just be happy if they pay you well, you have to like it at least a little bit