Need your advice about braces and sliding genio sers

Weed

Weed

Hamlossus
So I just got braces.. before getting them I let my ortho know that my maxfac surgeon messaged him because he needed to do few more scans. He was up for it and told me it’ll get sorted.
After braces he told me I should rather do sliding genio after my braces which will last 12 months.
Sliding genio doesn’t move teeth or anything.. I told him that and he was like yeah but still, things might be different..

What should I do? Pursue him to take scans so Ramieri could do sliding genio and I would kill 2 birds with one stone in 1 yesr which would be perfect as I’m already 25 and don’t want to waste time but yet I won’t go out anywhere until my braces r finished or should I listen to my ortho and get sliding genio after braces?

I'd get genio after braces, the change in position of your bottom teeth can make your chin more or less recessed looking
no point in getting a 5mm genio then after braces realizing another 2mm wouldve been ideal

• +1
Reactions: Weed and RoyaleWithCheese
I'd get genio after braces, the change in position of your bottom teeth can make your chin more or less recessed looking
no point in getting a 5mm genio then after braces realizing another 2mm wouldve been ideal
Thank you 🙏

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4