Neetmax/rotting is ideal

Erik-Jón

Erik-Jón

Harsh winters and long nights
This world wasn’t made for us. The best we can do is lock ourselves in our bedroom and play video games all day. Being neet may not be that difficult but it sure is fulfilling. I think you guys should try to ascend yes but looking better doesn’t mean you should stop rotting or being a big fat neet. One day you’ll agree with me that it’s over for everyone and join my neet army:feelshehe:

• +1
  • Love it
  • WTF
Reactions: ArcticStorm, |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 17829 and 7 others
You’ll never rot harder then me

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, ALP and Deleted member 18879
ive been neet for almost 7 years son. it was so great until i got nerve damage from sitting down 16 hours a day. fuck this narrow feminine prenatal DHT inhibited bone structure tbh

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, BoneDensity, Deleted member 17829 and 4 others
This world wasn’t made for us. The best we can do is lock ourselves in our bedroom and play video games all day. Being neet may not be that difficult but it sure is fulfilling. I think you guys should try to ascend yes but looking better doesn’t mean you should stop rotting or being a big fat neet. One day you’ll agree with me that it’s over for everyone and join my neet army:feelshehe:

I’m a fat gay man. I know. Please stop telling me​

I am only now beginning to reckon with what being fat — or more accurately, what being treated badly for being fat — has cost me​

Skylar%20Baker-Jordan.png

Skylar Baker-Jordan
Tennessee
Thursday 29 July 2021 16:01
4Comments

<p>I’m tired of apologizing for what I look like</p>

I’m tired of apologizing for what I look like
(Getty Images/iStockphoto)

“Not too much now.”
“It’s awful late for that.”
“We’ll get that weight off you yet.”

My grandpa thinks I’m fat. He’s never said those words to me, but he makes his point with comments like this. More than once he has said he is afraid I’ll die of a heart attack (while, like many Americans, my cholesterol is higher than where I or my doctor would like it, I’m in overall good cardiovascular health.)
I’ve always struggled with my weight. Some of my earliest memories are of being compared unfavorably to my brother, who was always lean and strong. I, on the other hand, was chubby and nerdy. I remember being filled with resentment in fifth grade at the gym teacher, a sturdy butch woman who looked like Jane Lynch if she deadlifted, drove me to tears as she screamed at me to run additional laps. It traumatized me and turned exercise into a punishment, setting me up for a lifetime of failure.

Recommended​

In high school, I wasn’t fat, but I wasn’t thin. I was always conscious of how much I weighed and constantly tried to hide the slight pudge of my belly. I looked at my female friends, svelte and dainty and the object of boys’ affections, and I longed to emulate what they had. The images I saw of gay men were no better. There was the effortlessly masculine Jack McPhee on Dawson’s Creek, the hit teen show of my generation, and the tall, sexy Brian and precocious blond twink Justin on Queer as Folk.

This was before Alex Newell or Daniel Franzese or Ady Del Valle provided any plus-size role models for young gay boys. Gay magazines, which included either waifish twinks or muscled jocks, made me feel like I would never belong, never be desired, never be worthy even in my own community. I maintained a relatively healthy weight for most of my twenties, though I was still regularly the fattest person in the gay club. I found men who desired me, but the insecurity with my own body never left. Sex was always with the lights out, and usually I kept my shirt on.
That was a lesson reinforced by one particularly hurtful encounter. After taking my shirt off, the man who followed me back to my house stopped, looked at my belly, and said, “I don’t think I want to do this.” No one should ever have sex with anyone they don’t want to, including me, so I would never fault him for stopping the encounter. But I also couldn’t help but feel hurt, like I was cute until he saw just how fat I really was.
But not all experiences have been bad. After making love for the first time, I confided to my ex that I was incredibly insecure. He looked at me with alarm and confusion. “But you’re so hot,” he said.
No one had ever called me hot before. Cute, yes. Adorable, sure. But never hot. I was 25.
I wished I could see myself through his eyes, even for a moment. The truth is, I have never felt hot, even at my thinnest, because even when I’m feeling fit as f*** there is always some image of a chiseled Adonis waiting just around the corner to remind me that actually, I’m just a fatass on a good day.

In my 30s I’ve gained a considerable amount of weight. Some of this was from a sedentary lifestyle; I worked in an office until 2019, and now I work from home. Mostly, though, this was weight gained from eating and drinking to treat depression. I drank because I was miserable and fat. I was fat and miserable because I drank. Again, it’s cliché, but only because it is true.
That depression is now being treated. Unlike most of the people I see on social media who lament gaining weight in lockdown, I lost 50 pounds in 2020. I’ve gained about 15 back since I quit smoking. My doctor says that’s par for the course and not to beat myself up for it. But I do. I’m frustrated I haven’t lost more weight. I am furious that I haven’t been more disciplined. I am terrified I will never be thin again.

multi trivia two icon

Anzeige

Es folgt
The Independent Weekly Quiz
Apester Logo

According to the National Eating Disorders Association, more than 10 million American men will develop an eating disorder in their lifetimes. Eating disorders and negative body image are often thought of as issues affecting only women. Yet according to one survey, 77 percent of gay men have felt judged or objectified because of their body, with 58 percent reporting pressure to look attractive. Another survey found that one in three LGBTQ people have suffered suicidal ideation because of their negative body image. It’s cliché to say it, but only because it is true: the pressure to be thin or to be fit is literally killing gay men like me.
I am only now beginning to reckon with what being fat — or more accurately, what being treated badly for being fat — has cost me. I have turned down media appearances that might have boosted my career as writer because I do not want to be videoed. I made a couple of YouTube videos, and I enjoyed that. But I couldn’t stand the sight of myself. I avoid mirrors at all costs, horrified by what I see. “That’s not me, that’s Jabba the Hutt,” I found myself thinking yesterday as I glimpsed myself in a full-length mirror.

My grandfather means well when he nags me about food. I believe he comes from a genuinely good place, as most people do when they say things like, “You’ve got a pretty face, though” or, “I know you can lose those pesky pounds!” But I wish people wouldn’t say anything at all. Fat people do not need you to tell us we are fat. We do not need you to tell us being fat is bad for our health. We know. All you are doing is making us hate ourselves — not the fat on the outside, but the wounded person inside.
I am tired of hiding because I am obese, and I am tired of simply staying silent when people make negative comments about me. A lifetime of struggling with body image and yo-yo dieting takes a toll on one’s mental as well as physical health. I’m having to relearn how I eat, how I exercise, and how I view myself. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and 100 pounds won’t be lost in one, either. If my weight bothers you, well, that’s your problem. You’re the one who has to look at me. Look away, I guess.

Recommended​

If, like me, you struggle with your weight, remember that it is but one part of your very complex character. If, like me, you’re a fat gay man, remember that there is no right or wrong way to be gay. If, like me, you want to make a change, know that there are people who are also going through this. And if you don’t, know there are people who think that’s just fine, too.
I’m fat. I know it. You know it. I don’t like it. I’m working to change it. But until then, I request that the rest of the world shut up about it.

More about​

Weight

Join our new commenting forum​

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies
4Comments

FOLLOW THIS CONVERSATION TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN NEW COMMENTS ARE POSTEDFOLLOW

• All Comments 4
newest

All Comments​

1. BA
    Bandera3 August 2021
    The gay scene has a vibrant 'bear' culture where men of larger girth are celebrated and much admired.
    I can't believe the author has failed to notice this.
    Stop apologising mate, and jump in!
    Reply00
    Flag

2. ME
    Metamorphoses30 July 2021
    What a whingefest of abject victimhood. Me, me, me, me.
    Reply50
    Flag

3. 30 July 2021
    Unreal. It's rubbish like this that makes me long for the days when newspapers weren't just treated as personal therapy sessions for narcissistic writers.
    Reply51

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón
nigga you're 16. At least give life a go...

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fauxfox, ALP, Deleted member 20370 and 2 others
nigga you're 16. At least give life a go...
Stfu, I love being neet Im neet maxxing as we speak
7E63EACB 9D98 4379 BBB7 A6C303B9DBA4
youll never out rot me incel

• JFL
Reactions: Prince88
  • JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
are your parents rich
Semi, my grandma has old money and a lot of real estate and shit and owns whole neighborhoods and my parents didn’t even have to pay for a house or card or anything

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, BoneDensity and Deleted member 18879
Ideal is setting goals for yourself every year and achieving them till the end of the year.

Then looking back and getting the insane level of dopamine rush, ıf you share it with other people add serotonin too
:chad:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and Chintuck22
Ideal is setting goals for yourself every year and achieving them till the end of the year.

Then looking back and getting the insane level of dopamine rush, ıf you share it with other people add serotonin too
:chad:
This is my goal for the next two weeks
D66F549B 954F 4E39 9130 3CA25FAD9BC6
im a incel, I’m a neet, and I’m proud

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: BoneDensity, Deleted member 18879, Deleted member 17829 and 1 other person
What being a fat nordic cuck with bitch tits does to a mf 💀

Fuck your that nigger, never mind kill your self
Seething cuz i provided proof of your own women sucking me off while you have 8k posts in 3 months

Seething cuz i provided proof of your own women sucking me off while you have 8k posts in 3 months
You’ve never even had sex your retarded 2iq chimp

ive been neet for almost 7 years son. it was so great until i got nerve damage from sitting down 16 hours a day. fuck this narrow feminine prenatal DHT inhibited bone structure tbh
caged at this. i feel like im getting it

literally my ass hurts from lying in bed all day how do i fix this? fucking stand up all day?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ALP and Erik-Jón
u should get into mobas tbh, youre young maybe you are good at them and can streamer/booster max

• +1
u should get into mobas tbh, youre young maybe you are good at them and can streamer/booster max
Only moba I’ve played is halo wars 2, wants a good moba for me to max out with?

Only moba I’ve played is halo wars 2, wants a good moba for me to max out with?
league/dota, although learning it makes u want to smash up ur room for the first 200+ hours

• +1
league/dota, although learning it makes u want to smash up ur room for the first 200+ hours
Meh leagues easy asf I played it at a friends house once, hmm I think your right I should max out my league skills and that streamer max

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
i swear that's what i'm planning to do if i can't ascend more than 4.5 PSL but only difference is that i'll find a way to get tons of money to at least LDAR in a luxurious way

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BoneDensity and Erik-Jón
i swear that's what i'm planning to do if i can't ascend more than 4.5 PSL but only difference is that i'll find a way to get tons of money to at least LDAR in a luxurious way
Working is boring lol just want to rot rot rot

Working is boring lol just want to rot rot rot
not working, if i have nothing to lose i'll just fraudmax to get a big amount of money and then rot with that money

• +1
not working, if i have nothing to lose i'll just fraudmax to get a big amount of money and then rot with that money
Money is so boring

it's the way forward.
Especially if you are someone who enjoys the simple things in life and gets lots of enjoyment from them things. And no stress or annoying boss etc. You can basically spend all day everyday doing what you want lol

I work at the mo, but always low paid jobs and i look forward to rot maxxing hard - hopefully just get on benefits (get rent paid for you from government + 'jobseekers allowance'/spending money)

• +1