Never skip leg day

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
A lot of gymcels are only working out to get a V-Taper. While having a V-Taper is good, it is foolish to not train your legs too.

If you don't train your legs, you will look like this one day:

Legday1

Legday2

Legday3

It looks extremely unproportional, disgusting and lazy. Like your body could fall apart anytime because your legs can't hold your upper body.

If you want to have a good physique, you have to train your legs. It maybe not the most important body part, but it is important. Looksmaxing means maximizing your whole potential, why skipping your leg?

Now I know that many people have trouble to do squats because of the knee pain. I'm one of them. But then, you can still use the leg press. I trained my legs before Corona with this exercise, and it was the first time in my life I saw muscles in my legs. The experts may recommend squats, but if you can't do it, the leg press is pretty easy and does the job too.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 27772, Deleted member 23554, Deleted member 9568 and 10 others
I'd rather get calf augmentation by eppley

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CsCurry, Deleted member 27772, Tallooksmaxxer and 9 others
Is squatting enough for beginners or intermediates? I have been focusing on creating V-taper, but I consider adding squats at some point.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 13335
Is squatting enough for beginners or intermediates? I have been focusing on creating V-taper, but I consider adding squats at some point.
Yes, squatting, if done right, targets all muscles in your legs.

Some add another exercise that focus on the hamstrings, because they feel that squats do more for the quadriceps. If you feel that too, you could add one hamstring exercise. I also do small exercises for the adductors and abductors.

If squats are too difficult, just do the leg press (when the gyms are open).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709 and Wallenberg
I’ve naturally got strong large legs but a skinny fat upper body so I cba training legs

I’ve naturally got strong large legs but a skinny fat upper body so I cba training legs
I doubt that your legs are that strong if you never train them. They could become much stronger if you do a leg day.

Yes, squatting, if done right, targets all muscles in your legs.

Some add another exercise that focus on the hamstrings, because they feel that squats do more for the quadriceps. If you feel that too, you could add one hamstring exercise. I also do small exercises for the adductors and abductors.

If squats are too difficult, just do the leg press (when the gyms are open).
I think I add squats after some time. First I build my upper body for a while.

A lot of gymcels are only working out to get a V-Taper. While having a V-Taper is good, it is foolish to not train your legs too.

View attachment 1078443

View attachment 1078439

View attachment 1078440

It looks extremely unproportional, disgusting and lazy. Like your body could fall apart anytime because your legs can't hold your upper body.

If you want to have a good physique, you have to train your legs. It maybe not the most important body part, but it is important. Looksmaxing means maximizing your whole potential, why skipping your leg?

Now I know that many people have trouble to do squats because of the knee pain. I'm one of them. But then, you can still use the leg press. I trained my legs before Corona with this exercise, and it was the first time in my life I saw muscles in my legs. The experts may recommend squats, but if you can't do it, the leg press is pretty easy and does the job too.
Do you think leg press gives good results??
I took up hiking when gyms closed due to Corona, and my legs have gone a lot bigger, but they are always sore and the muscles super tight

nobody but guys care about legs and calves jfl. You should train them but don't need to obsess over them.

• +1
Reactions: Inscol and Wallenberg

View attachment 1078443

View attachment 1078439

View attachment 1078440

High IQ thread for once. People who don't train legs look so unaesthetic its laughable.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: animo123 and AlexAP
I wonder why guys that are doing heavy road cycling have huge muscular legs. All bodybuilders at my gym always say you can only build muscles with low rep and heavy weight squats.

Do you think leg press gives good results??
I took up hiking when gyms closed due to Corona, and my legs have gone a lot bigger, but they are always sore and the muscles super tight
Yes, the leg press is legit. You can build your leg muscles through other ways, too, but the leg press is probably the most comfortable.

Squats are very difficult because they are a compound exercise (you have to use many muscles to perform it). Many people also suffer from knee pain while doing these exercise (I did). The leg press isolates the leg muscles and puts less stress on the knees.

This guy on a bodybuilding website argues that the leg press builds muscles even better than squats:

• JFL
Reactions: animo123
I wonder why guys that are doing heavy road cycling have huge muscular legs. All bodybuilders at my gym always say you can only build muscles with low rep and heavy weight squats.
Because they do leg training maybe?

nobody but guys care about legs and calves jfl. You should train them but don't need to obsess over them.
Yeah, you don't have to obsess over legs. I never said that. But it's a failo to have chicken legs, don't fool yourself.

For calves: A lot of researches say that they maybe purely down to genetics. Even professional sprinters often have small claves (look at Usain Bolt), while other were born with huge calves. I don't know what's right though.

These pictures are more about calves than overall legs. And calves are largely genetic. There are tons of black pro bodybuilders that legit have worse calves than untrained white guys, put them in long shorts and they look ridiculous. That's just life, if you have shit calves don't go crazy with the bodybuilding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17429
These pictures are more about calves than overall legs.
I disagree. You can clearly see that the first guy doesn' train his quads and hamstrings at all.

The second and the third guy also don't show any signs of muscles in their quads and hamstrings, you can see a little of that part in these pictures.
And calves are largely genetic. There are tons of black pro bodybuilders that legit have worse calves than untrained white guys, put them in long shorts and they look ridiculous. That's just life, if you have shit calves don't go crazy with the bodybuilding.
It's probably true that calves are largely genetic, I already stated that above. But the rest of your legs can be built and they are important for the overall physique.

Yes, personally I just do squats because I dislike training legs and at the leg day I also train my arms, chest and shoulders. I think squats are enough to keep legs big and strong

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Most men should get to 2x BW Squat & Deadlift before going into more aesthetic training. Then when you do focus on the V-Taper you legs will never become so out proportion due to the increased baseline muscle nuclei after developing the brute strength.

Ideally the progression would go like this:
1. Starting Strength for Nervous System development
2. Kinobody work for Aesthetic Ratio development
3. Focus on a pursuit (Bodybuilding, MMA, Boxing etc.) so you dont become a gymcel & lift for maintenance aesthetics/strength

Listen to Italian Chad Professor explain to you why training your Legs is very important in building a physique

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 12758 and AlexAP
Most men should get to 2x BW Squat & Deadlift before going into more aesthetic training. Then when you do focus on the V-Taper you legs will never become so out proportion due to the increased baseline muscle nuclei after developing the brute strength.

Ideally the progression would go like this:
1. Starting Strength for Nervous System development
2. Kinobody work for Aesthetic Ratio development
3. Focus on a pursuit (Bodybuilding, MMA, Boxing etc.) so you dont become a gymcel & lift for maintenance aesthetics/strength
I don't think it's important with which exercises you start. Just train every body part, I wasn't ready to do some exercises at the beginning. I still don't do squats, the leg press is what I primarily do for my legs.
Listen to Italian Chad Professor explain to you why training your Legs is very important in building a physique

Good video. I agree, trainig legs is important, but very intense. And probably the reason why so many people skip doing it.

Yes, personally I just do squats because I dislike training legs and at the leg day I also train my arms, chest and shoulders. I think squats are enough to keep legs big and strong
I also don't train only legs on the day I train them. But I do the leg exercises as the first ones, because it would be too exhausting to do the leg exercises if I've done other exercises before. I can only do them at the beginning of the workout, they are so intense, you can't be exhausted when you start doing them.

So you haven't taken the buttpill it seems?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580

View attachment 1078443

View attachment 1078439

View attachment 1078440

The first one's the worst. I've heard that training your legs also has a positive effect on your upper body.

• +1
Reactions: AlexAP
The glutes are a different body part, but yeah, they are trained with squats too.

You can target your glutes directly with other exercises like the hip thrust, or the cable pull through.

The first one's the worst. I've heard that training your legs also has a positive effect on your upper body.
Most experts say it boosts muscle growth in general because they are the largest muscles, therefore training them releases more testosterone, which improves the muscle-building effects in your whole body.

It's also a good way to accelerate fat loss, because the bigger the muscles you have, the more you increase the amount of calories you burn at rest.

Maybe relevant for @Wallenberg

• +1
Fuck legs, girls literally all they care is chest, back, biceps, only a few find a big ass and thighs attractive in a man. Usually only homos are into man with big asses lmao but hey if that’s your thing I don’t judge...

• JFL
Fuck legs, girls literally all they care is chest, back, biceps, only a few find a big ass and thighs attractive in a man. Usually only homos are into man with big asses lmao but hey if that’s your thing I don’t judge...
Yeah very homo to train legs jfl.

Wow you're right I hadn't taken the pill until now
"This study found that GLUTES WERE THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT MUSCLE FOR LARGER SIZE PREFERENCE:

"Women reported preferring larger obliques, followed by glutes, abdominals, biceps, shoulders, triceps, calves, deltoids, quadriceps, pectoralis, latissimus dorsi, forearms, tibialis anterior, and trapezius."

Over 50% of women deemed glutes as important for determining a man's physical attractiveness"

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop and Wallenberg
Barbell hip thrust vs squatting for increasing SMV?

Squats?

Last edited:
Barbell hip thrust vs squatting for increasing SMV?
For SMV only, I would say hip thrust.

You could train your glutes also with Cable pull throughs, they're easier.

Last edited:
With no leg strength you will fail at fucking & fighting in life? Why the fuck would think its a bright idea to not train legs?

If your have no delt width & are afraid of getting bigger legs, then you might be fucked tho in the long run.

Interesting article. I knew that Bret Contreras guy, he was all for hip thrusts.

Squats are better in general, because they are a compound exercise, so you train many muscles, including your leg muscles and glutes. So if you can do them correctly withput knee pain, you should.

• +1
G
irls like guys with nice ass

I didn't bother to squat yet. Maybe next tuesday. I will consider hip thrusts but maybe squats are superior. Maybe squatting 2 times a week.

JFL look at this lady, big legs are even attractive on women. How would you cope getting legmogged by a woman?

JFL look at this lady, big legs are even attractive on women. How would you cope getting legmogged by a woman?

Ummmm... because im not a woman? I never said big legs don’t look good on woman. On men though, unless you’re a pro bodybuilder there’s no need to train them as much if all you want is to attract females, if you like guys tho... then yeah I guess go ahead and get big legs and ass like a woman lmao

• +1
Reactions: CANI
Ummmm... because im not a woman? I never said big legs don’t look good on woman. On men though, unless you’re a pro bodybuilder there’s no need to train them as much if all you want is to attract females, if you like guys tho... then yeah I guess go ahead and get big legs and ass like a woman lmao
Yeah I'm pretty sure she likes it when her legs are bigger. Looks so manly:
Legday

you dont need to complicate legs, throw on some heavy squats 3x3,5x5 after do some sprints its all you need to grow decent legs, great testosterone booster, you wll get athletic by doing this and you will not build mass monster legs, because remember, as a man upper body should be slightly bigger than legs, the widest part of your body should be the shoulders, if you have big legs and small torso, looks feminine

• +1
Fitness guys in Reddit seem to be pretty obsessed with training legs. I'm not convinced that legs are that important for men's SMV: most male models don't have bulky legs. I'm not saying that you shouldn't train them, but maybe just squatting 1-3 times a week gets you a long way?

• +1
Fitness guys in Reddit seem to be pretty obsessed with training legs. I'm not convinced that legs are that important for men's SMV: most male models don't have bulky legs. I'm not saying that you shouldn't train them, but maybe just squatting 1-3 times a week gets you a long way?
Fitness guys care about the whole body, it's not primarily SMV (if at all).

It's still better to not be extemely unproportional, and it helps with building other muscles, fat loss and gaining strength.

• +1
Fitness guys care about the whole body, it's not primarily SMV (if at all).
Yeah. I asked them about triceps and they told me to train more legs.

Yeah. I asked them about triceps and they told me to train more legs.
Did they say that triceps are already trained with the bench press? That is kinda true (just as biceps are trained massively with pull-ups), I still train triceps and biceps on another day.

Some fitness guys favor doing only compound exercises and no isolation exercises. I think it's good to do both, as you can build muscles with both.

• +1
Did they say that triceps are already trained with the bench press? That is kinda true (just as biceps are trained massively with pull-ups)
Is it true with an incline bench too?

Fitness guys probably do a great job, but for male SMV they might overestimate legs a bit. Of course, I realize that they aren't into this SMV thing and that is perfectly OK. The worst example is starting strength with go mad (fat).

Is it true with an incline bench too?
Yes, both the incline bench and the "normal" bench hit the triceps.

I use both, the "normal" bench and the incline bench. The incline bench press trains the upper chest more directly, the "normal" bench press focuses more on the middle part of the chest.

• +1