New Potential Forward Growth Method?

N8verBegan

N8verBegan

Kanye was Right
TAD, aka Temporary Anchorage Device, is drilled into the gum. Once firmly placed, the Orthodontist will connect the TAD to the braces with elastics. This will advance the upper maxilla. And no, this is not some autist science. I asked my ortho about advancing my upper maxilla, and he told me TAD is a great option. He says that he recommends it to people who do extractions, as it recesses the maxilla.

TAD-anchored MP has been reported as successful active treatment for 10- to 12-year-old patients with moderate or even severe maxillary deficiency, gaining significant anterior displacement of nasomaxillary complexOn the basis of current available evidence, the total pooled WMD value (95% CI) of A-VR was 3.08 mm (1.61, 4.56; P < .0001) in comparison 1 (Figure 2) and 1.41 mm (0.47, 2.35; P  =  .003) in comparison 2 (Figure 3), indicating that TAD-anchored MP was effective for patients in the late mixed dentition, and it achieved larger maxillary advancement than tooth-anchored MP.

On the basis of current available evidence, the total pooled WMD value (95% CI) of A-VR was 3.08 mm (1.61, 4.56; P < .0001) in comparison 1 (Figure 2) and 1.41 mm (0.47, 2.35; P  =  .003) in comparison 2 (Figure 3), indicating that TAD-anchored MP was effective for patients in the late mixed dentition, and it achieved larger maxillary advancement than tooth-anchored MP.
I do have some doubts about it:

Recently, a long-term study has proved that no maxillary differences are still maintained after 8.5 years of follow-up.
Also, skeletal movement decreases after age 10 and dental movement increases, meaning it could just cause bimaxillary protrusion. So youngcels whose maxillary development didn't end yet can defo benefit from this. However, this could all be cope for adultcels. Should I try this when I get my braces?

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Deleted member 64064
meaning it could just cause bimaxillary protrusion
This is what will happen when you protract the maxilla with screws in the palate, unfortunately. Most of the movement will be in the lower maxilla.

This is what will happen when you protract the maxilla with screws in the palate, unfortunately. Most of the movement will be in the lower maxilla.
Lefort really is the only solution.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 64064
sounds like cope tbh. but i suppose it depends on where the screws are placed. if planted in the right spot and the screws are long enough then this could give you protraction you want. But then your getting into won moon N2 implant territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back