New vs old leg lengthening method any significant difference?

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
Leg lengthening has changed from the looks of it, a move away from the screw and bolt method to a metallic rod, I don’t know the specifics but the former seems to be far more promising

This guys a legit orthopaedic doc and from the looks of it his patients can start walking again in 3 months and recover almost fully by 8 months. It seems to be a far cry in comparison to the old method.

I know piss fuck all about this though has anyone here actually done it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631, Deleted member 18931 and Moggie
maybe this method is more stable prevents the issue of the bones never fusing back together

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
maybe this method is more stable prevents the issue of the bones never fusing back together
The old method which used to insert pins would have a crazy high rate of infection and potential soft tissue damage from having screws from different directions from what I can tell. I’ve heard on this forum that LL is less invasive than it used to be I doubted it but it seems true. Lifefuel for future advancements tbh

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 20631, currylightskin and 3 others
The old method which used to insert pins would have a crazy high rate of infection and potential soft tissue damage from having screws from different directions from what I can tell. I’ve heard on this forum that LL is less invasive than it used to be I doubted it but it seems true. Lifefuel for future advancements tbh
idk if this has been posted before but someone wanted to get 3 inches ll as an oldcel and the bones took 5 years to finally fuse together

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: brianxx, Deleted member 18931 and SubhumanCurrycel
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20097 and Moggie
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Moggie
so it took him 5 years to get his 3 inches? that's shit not even worth it
should have gotten it done in Iran, would be on his third round by now :feelshmm:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18931 and SubhumanCurrycel
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998, SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 18931
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Moggie and SubhumanCurrycel
if it evolves in the future and gets cheaper I would probably get it if i had the money
I was talking to this guy the other day and he was 6'5 and he told me he wished he was shorter :ogre:

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 18931
I was talking to this guy the other day and he was 6'5 and he told me he wished he was shorter :ogre:
what a coper. you can always be thinner, look better, be taller.

• Love it
Reactions: Moggie
@Gallowglass in airmaxes and with insoles I measured myself at 187cm with an aerosol can

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 18931
@Gallowglass in airmaxes and with insoles I measured myself at 187cm with an aerosol can
IMG 20220908 145008
airmax 2090 with 3 cm lift mogs

• Love it
And u lose mobility on your knee and shit, more prone to injuries
More a problem with the old method having screws from different directions.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20097
More a problem with the old method having screws from different directions.
Yikes man but shit isn’t worth it, I’m not coping height is a big deal.
Ik it’s too late for u cuz u just survived cancer (I’m sorry btw) which may have stunted your growth as you got it a young age
But if your under 20 their is so many methods of heightmaxxing, some being cope whereas others do shit like bone macro fractures.
Their is a reason why voluntary procedures and surgeries is haram in Islam

• +1
idk if this has been posted before but someone wanted to get 3 inches ll as an oldcel and the bones took 5 years to finally fuse together
bc his HGH levels are so low, he could of used hgh to get to pubecent levels of hgh, the surgery would have been much faster.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and SubhumanCurrycel
Yikes man but shit isn’t worth it, I’m not coping height is a big deal.
Ik it’s too late for u cuz u just survived cancer (I’m sorry btw) which may have stunted your growth as you got it a young age
But if your under 20 their is so many methods of heightmaxxing, some being cope whereas others do shit like bone macro fractures.
Their is a reason why voluntary procedures and surgeries is haram in Islam
Yea under 20 or preferably 18 get your growth plates checked at the knee if they are open start pinning HGH and using estrogen blockers. Hopefully LL will be advanced enough in the future where it won’t be so tedious.

• +1
bc his HGH levels are so low, he could of used hgh to get to pubecent levels of hgh, the surgery would have been much faster.
same with bimax surgery, if your old, and you do an osteotomy it will take longer to heal unless you boost your hgh levels. this should be obv

• +1
I was thinking about that too, I wonder if low HGH impaired the ability for his bones to remodel

• +1
I was thinking about that too, I wonder if low HGH impaired the ability for his bones to remodel
what about his oldcel hormone levels aswell like free t and shbg

• +1
thats correct. this woudl be an interesting experiment, get someone who has a hgh deficiency and make them Mew, then get someone of the same age with healthy hgh and make them mew, I bet the one with higher hgh would get faster results. because hgh is a hughe contributing factor if not the only one(???) (im not sure) to bone remodeling, and building.

After the age of 25, our bones get to a point where there is a equal amount of bone resorption and deposition, after around 30 or something we enter into a state of net bone resorption (loss), thus why peopel become smaller and shorter as they become older. A simple solution is supplementing hgh, this is what Peter Theil was doing. idk if he still is.

• +1
what about his oldcel hormone levels aswell like free t and shbg
Ik Test regulates bone mineral density in males that and DHT, it might be why. He had stunting to begin with though I’m guessing there’s other issues at play.

I remember reading a surgery where around 40-50% of kids which growth stunting had malformed spines it’s possible there are other complications.

• +1
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ik Test regulates bone mineral density in males that and DHT, it might be why. He had stunting to begin with though I’m guessing there’s other issues at play.

I remember reading a surgery where around 40-50% of kids which growth stunting had malformed spines it’s possible there are other complications.
damn that means tall people can likely get more growth out of ll aswell

• +1
Unfortunately even with new methods still a super expensive barbaric medieval procedure with TONS of complications and some death reports

So much need to be improved in medicine to LL not to be a crazy thing

• +1