Nizoral

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
Get this ASAP if you have any scalp irritation or dandruff. Started using it a few weeks ago and it completely cured my lifelong dandruff and scalp irritation, but now I think it's actually helping my hair loss too. A few weeks ago whenever I ran my hands through my hair in the shower there would be at least 5 hairs on each hand. Now, it's down to 1-2 hairs. 100% due to Nizoral. No doubt I have MPB but I'm starting to think I probably had a fungal infection on top which exacerbated it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ostaszynski7, Deleted member 2205 and Deleted member 1680
Can confirm
Was using head and shoulders for 5+ years and used to get the worst dandruff/itchy scalp
Switched to Nizoral and within 1 week it stopped lol

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and LordNorwood
Can confirm
Was using head and shoulders for 5+ years and used to get the worst dandruff/itchy scalp
Switched to Nizoral and within 1 week it stopped lol
Head and shoulders is cope

I searched this and
Nizoral should be used only when you cannot use other antifungal medications. Ketoconazole can cause serious harm to your liver that may result in liver transplant or cause death.
Call your doctor at once if you have any signs of liver damage, such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fever, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using. Many drugs can interact, and some drugs should not be used together.
Nizoral can also cause a serious heart problem. Call your doctor right away if you have fast or pounding heartbeats, shortness of breath, and sudden dizziness.

these appear to be rather significant side effects

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, LordNorwood and Depressed Twink
I searched this and
Nizoral should be used only when you cannot use other antifungal medications. Ketoconazole can cause serious harm to your liver that may result in liver transplant or cause death.
Call your doctor at once if you have any signs of liver damage, such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fever, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using. Many drugs can interact, and some drugs should not be used together.
Nizoral can also cause a serious heart problem. Call your doctor right away if you have fast or pounding heartbeats, shortness of breath, and sudden dizziness.

How is a shampoo going to kill you? JFL

How is a shampoo going to kill you? JFL
Those are the sides from the oral version, maybe the shampoo one doesn’t have them

Nizoral might not be the best option for many ppl because of its high keta(2%).
Id advice you to use regenepure with 1% keta.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I searched this and

Will do research on this later but I feel like I personally have nothing to worry about, I only use a 1% solution topically every 4-5 days and that's been enough to result in the effects described above. Good shout though.
Nizoral might not be the best option for many ppl because of its high keta(2%).
Id advice you to use regenepure with 1% keta.
My Niz is 1% but I think regenepure would work just as well

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
Can confirm killed my dandruff in a month legit stuff

• +1
Nizoral once a week and cold water ever other day is legit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
How often do your apply it? I have heavy dandruff ngl.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
I rotate it with stieprox. Nizoral just dries it day off, doesn't really solve my issue

Nizoral once a week and cold water ever other day is legit
I don't even wash my hair in the in between to be honest. The hair strands are suicide fuel.
How often do your apply it? I have heavy dandruff ngl.
Every 4-5 days. It nuked my dandruff after one use but I would say use it every day until dandruff is gone, then every 4-5 days for maintenance.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Yes i find nizoral to be great, once every few weeks I cover my whole head in it for half an hour, inc. face as your skin can also have fungal infections which it can clear up.

for me my dandruff was always mild but my scalp itched a lot. since starting nizoral it doesn't at all. I didn't find head and shoulders to be useless though, i use it once per 1-2 weeks because it also helps keep my scalp from being flaky. if you are concerned about hair loss as literally every person should be mpb or not, you want your scalp to be in the best possible health

• +1
Oiling ur hair once a week works too

hair brag ngl

• +1
hair brag ngl
Nah I'm for sure losing it my man. I just hopped on fin today as well, keto might be helping but I'm not going to take any chances.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2587
Nah I'm for sure losing it my man. I just hopped on fin today as well, keto might be helping but I'm not going to take any chances.
Good luck with fin. Side effects I’ve had are more drool on my pillow cases. Another is if you get little to no sleep during the night you’ll have 0 libido

• +1
Good luck with fin. Side effects I’ve had are more drool on my pillow cases. Another is if you get little to no sleep during the night you’ll have 0 libido
Appreciate it, if that's the worst that happens I'll chalk it up as a success.

Good choice. Niz alone would gets its ass kicked by the Norwood reaper

• +1
Good choice. Niz alone would gets its ass kicked by the Norwood reaper
If I had the money I would be throwing everything and the red light sink at the Norwood reaper.

• +1
Reactions: madmax
If I had the money I would be throwing everything and the red light sink at the Norwood reaper.
Let us know how the fin goes in the coming weeks. I’ve nearly been on for 3 weeks and no sides at all. But I’m also blasting test so who knows.

Also what Norwood are you? Any diffuse thinning? Hairline or vertex loss or both?

• +1
Let us know how the fin goes in the coming weeks. I’ve nearly been on for 3 weeks and no sides at all. But I’m also blasting test so who knows.

Also what Norwood are you? Any diffuse thinning? Hairline or vertex loss or both?
Will do mate, I have high hopes.

Somewhere between a Norwood 2 or 3. My hairline has receded to a pretty sharp widow's peak and now the diffuse thinning is hitting hard as fuck through my frontal region, which is what finally pushed me to fin. Thankfully I have absolutely zero crown loss.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel