Nootropics Guide Part One: Racetams

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

Offline. Verify all of my claims & DYOR!

by @enchanted_elixir
Table Of Contents
  • Introduction
  • What are racetams, what do they do?
  • List of racetams, cholines and their effects
  • The racetam stack I plan on using​

Introduction
I have been receiving a few messages from people who have been asking me about racetams in my DMs, and I wanted to make a guide to answer some of those questions. Of course, there are more to nootropics than racetams but here is just the racetams guide.

What are racetams, what do they do?

According to Psychonaut: Racetams are a class of compounds that share a pyrrolidone nucleus.[1] (basically the center of the structure of all racetams are the same). Many, including piracetam, are considered to be nootropics. Some such as oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam are also stimulants. Others such as levetiracetam and seletracetam are anticonvulsants. Generally, racetams upregulate and preserve adequate levels of acetylcholine as a primary mechanism.

Acetylcholine is a chemical that alters neuronal excitability, influences synaptic transmission, induces synaptic plasticity and coordinates the firing of groups of neurons. Essentially, most of its effects consists of making your brain learn faster, memorize quicker, react faster, etc. Because your neurons are firing quicker. It also enhanced focus and motivation.

List of racetams, cholines and their effects
Here are some disclaimers before I introduce you to these racetams.
  • Not everyone's brain works the same. What may be weak for you may be great for me, so it is important to keep that in mind.
  • For (I think) all of the racetams except Phenylpiracetam, you'll need to take a choline source, whether that is Alpha GPC, Choline Bitartate or Citochioline, as these nootropics consume your brain's acetycholine to do it's job, if it is depleted, the effects will ware off.
  • Do your own research (DYOR)!
  • You will probably develop a tolerance, so this is to be cycled. Tolerance is reduced in half after half a week to a week and eliminated in two weeks. They may have cross-tolerance as well, so taking one racetam may give you tolerance to another racetam.
  • You can get choline from food such as eggs.
  • Excessive choline consumption may cause depression [Source]. If you'd like to avoid this, take Huperzine A, as it inhibits the enzyme that prevents too much acetylcholine to be in your brain, increasing acetylcholine that way.
  • Caution taking racetams with MAOIs as it might have harmful interactions... (you won't die or anything, but it may cause brain damage)
    • Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
    • Phenelzine (Nardil)
    • Selegiline (Emsam)
    • Tranylcypromine (Parnate)
Of course, you can try stacking MAOIs and racetams and see if anything bad happens.

The list of recommended racetams, and their effects.
  • Piracetam
Effects:

Dosages:

Notes: I have never tried this but I have heard around the internet that this one is the weakest one, it's also the cheapest one.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/piracetam-100-ct-800-mg-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=42c28ef52&_ss=r
  • Aniracetam
Effects:

Dosage:

Notes: I am planning on taking this one right here soon, I heard that aniracetam makes you cold to others but focused as hell. Aniracetam is more of an IQ boosting racetam, along with Oxiracetam and Piracetam.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/aniracetam-600-mg-capsules-100-ct?_pos=1&_sid=88c88c0ae&_ss=r
  • Phenylpiracetam
Effects:

Dosages:

Notes: This is the one I am taking right now (in its hydrazide form). This one is told to increase dopamine but has a tolerance, after taking it for like a few days, you'll develop a tolerance and you'll have to wait from three to five days to get it back to half and two weeks to reset. It also is a stimulant as well, so you'll feel energized and focused.

My experience on this.
  • The stimulation is fast, like in under 5 minutes, but the mental effects take about half an hour to 45 minutes to feel.
  • I feel more motivated to do things, like it isn't like a pep talk hype kind of motivation, but a fusion of "Let's do this" and "I don't mind doing this" even though you might not have wanted to it when you're not on Phenylpiracetam.
  • The focus is quite astonishing, I feel focused on whatever I am concentrated on, I definitely check my phone less on this.
  • I don't quite see this as an "IQ Booster", that's something Aniracetam, Piracetam and Oxiracetam does. I see this as a "motivation and focus pill". Although things like analysis enhancement was something I experienced.
  • The energy is also cool. You feel a subtle feeling of like you have some power. I haven't gotten this effect after my first use though.
  • The tolerance builds up in like three days if you're lucky, so this is something you can't use everyday. For me, I have (just today) started using Choline and Inositol. It works as a mini phenylpiracetam (without the stimulation) on my off days, maybe you can replicate Phenylpiracetam with Choline & Inositol + Caffeine? I take approx. 1.5 grams of the stuff and it has been lasting for like two hours so far...
  • Some sources on Choline and Inositol: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15106232/ (Inositol increases mood, etc.), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11267629/ (Inositol increases dopamine), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18930076/ (Curcumin has positive effects on acetycholine)
    • Brain Optimization: Inositol helps boost serotonin and dopamine receptor density. Improving the effectiveness of serotonin, GABA, glutamate and dopamine neurotransmitters in your brain.
    • Neurotransmitters: Inositol improves the effectiveness of major neurotransmitters in your brain. Boosting alertness, concentration, focus, motivation and memory.
    • Mood: Inositol is often used along with popular antidepressant medications improving their effectiveness. Or sometimes even replacing SSRI’s in the treatment of depression, anxiety, panic attacks and OCD.
Purchase (where I got mine): https://healthbynaturals.com/produc...apsules-hydrazide?_pos=1&_sid=0d55851af&_ss=r
  • Pramiracetam
Effects:

Dosages:

Notes: Never took these before, but this one is in the upper echelon of potency as far as I have heard on the internet. I assume it feels somewhat similar to Phenylpiracetam.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/pramiracetam-30-ct-300-mg-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=cdd15a6bf&_ss=r
  • Oxiracetam
Effects:

Dosages:

Notes: Oxiracetam is like a longer-lasting version of Aniracetam, with less potency and less benefits.
Purchase: https://www.absorbyourhealth.com/product/oxiracetam-600mg-100-capsules-powerful-nootropic/

The racetam stack I plan on using
  • Phenylpiracetam/Inositol (on Phenylpiracetam tolerance days) (Motivation, Focus, Energy)
  • Aniracetam (with Choline, or else it won't work as well) (Creativity, Memory, Thought Connectivity, etc,)
You can also pair this with pure gamma binaural beats as well, it is NOT cope and actually works. Studies prove this as well.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30073406/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5233742/.
It does this by surrounding your brain with certain waves and over time (in about 15-40 minutes), your brain will work at that frequency.

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @PearlHandledDeck @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @KING REIDYZ @AscendingHero @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @FailedNormieManlet @Lars @Korea @bogii @StreegeReturn
@Biggdink @eren1 @Reckless Turtle @Broly Banderas @House Lannister @WannabeJock @Racky @Erik-Jón @heightface @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Clark69
@ilovelamp08 @St.TikTokcel @Anstrum95 @TeenAscender @loox @justadude @vaseqmoherad @astatine @Amnesia @Sigmamale @anya @Assyrian_Warrior @FreakkForLife
@Alexanderr @HQNPmaxxing @currylightskin @BasedPsychiatrist @´´´´´´´´ @ALP @HOLYFUARK @Chadpreetmaybe @BeenLMSsinceMSN @Kroker @oldcelloser @Tinydragon98 @Hiraeth @ascension!
@capybara @crimclown63

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, BrahminBoss, pneumocystosis and 12 others
Nice thread OP :love:.

• +1
Reactions: Sondern and enchanted_elixir
Wbt adderall?

Is it better or worse?

Much better for 5 hours.

Anyway the evidence for racetams efficacy is weak. But it probably could be useful long term.

• +1
Reactions: STEVE GAMING
your threds are just too long, tldr

Much better for 5 hours.

Anyway the evidence for racetams efficacy is weak. But it probably could be useful long term.
What do you mean by this?

Good thread, would like to hear more of experiences using them/ updates when you try new ones.

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
thx f
View attachment 1807783

by @enchanted_elixir
Table Of Contents
  • Introduction

Introduction
I have been receiving a few messages from people who have been asking me about racetams in my DMs, and I wanted to make a guide to answer some of those questions. Of course, there are more to nootropics than racetams but here is just the racetams guide.

View attachment 1807800

According to Psychonaut: Racetams are a class of compounds that share a pyrrolidone nucleus.[1] (basically the center of the structure of all racetams are the same). Many, including piracetam, are considered to be nootropics. Some such as oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam are also stimulants. Others such as levetiracetam and seletracetam are anticonvulsants. Generally, racetams upregulate and preserve adequate levels of acetylcholine as a primary mechanism.

Acetylcholine is a chemical that alters neuronal excitability, influences synaptic transmission, induces synaptic plasticity and coordinates the firing of groups of neurons. Essentially, most of its effects consists of making your brain learn faster, memorize quicker, react faster, etc. Because your neurons are firing quicker. It also enhanced focus and motivation.

View attachment 1807831

• Not everyone's brain works the same. What may be weak for you may be great for me, so it is important to keep that in mind.
  • For (I think) all of the racetams except Phenylpiracetam, you'll need to take a choline source, whether that is Alpha GPC, Choline Bitartate or Citochioline, as these nootropics consume your brain's acetycholine to do it's job, if it is depleted, the effects will ware off.
  • You will probably develop a tolerance, so this is to be cycled. Tolerance is reduced in half after half a week to a week and eliminated in two weeks. They may have cross-tolerance as well, so taking one racetam may give you tolerance to another racetam.
  • Excessive choline consumption may cause depression [Source]. If you'd like to avoid this, take Huperzine A, as it inhibits the enzyme that prevents too much acetylcholine to be in your brain, increasing acetylcholine that way.
  • View attachment 1807905
  • Caution taking racetams with MAOIs as it might have harmful interactions... (you won't die or anything, but it may cause brain damage)
    • Phenelzine (Nardil)
    • Selegiline (Emsam)
Of course, you can try stacking MAOIs and racetams and see if anything bad happens.

• Piracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807847

Dosages:
View attachment 1807848

Notes: I have never tried this but I have heard around the internet that this one is the weakest one, it's also the cheapest one.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/piracetam-100-ct-800-mg-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=42c28ef52&_ss=r
  • Aniracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807846

Dosage:
View attachment 1807845

Notes: I am planning on taking this one right here soon, I heard that aniracetam makes you cold to others but focused as hell. Aniracetam is more of an IQ boosting racetam, along with Oxiracetam and Piracetam.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/aniracetam-600-mg-capsules-100-ct?_pos=1&_sid=88c88c0ae&_ss=r
  • Phenylpiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807850

Dosages:
View attachment 1807851

Notes: This is the one I am taking right now (in its hydrazide form). This one is told to increase dopamine but has a tolerance, after taking it for like a few days, you'll develop a tolerance and you'll have to wait from three to five days to get it back to half and two weeks to reset. It also is a stimulant as well, so you'll feel energized and focused.

My experience on this.
  • The stimulation is fast, like in under 5 minutes, but the mental effects take about half an hour to 45 minutes to feel.
  • I feel more motivated to do things, like it isn't like a pep talk hype kind of motivation, but a fusion of "Let's do this" and "I don't mind doing this" even though you might not have wanted to it when you're not on Phenylpiracetam.
  • The focus is quite astonishing, I feel focused on whatever I am concentrated on, I definitely check my phone less on this.
  • I don't quite see this as an "IQ Booster", that's something Aniracetam, Piracetam and Oxiracetam does. I see this as a "motivation and focus pill". Although things like analysis enhancement was something I experienced.
  • The energy is also cool. You feel a subtle feeling of like you have some power. I haven't gotten this effect after my first use though.
  • The tolerance builds up in like three days if you're lucky, so this is something you can't use everyday. For me, I have (just today) started using Choline and Inositol. It works as a mini phenylpiracetam (without the stimulation) on my off days, maybe you can replicate Phenylpiracetam with Choline & Inositol + Caffeine? I take approx. 1.5 grams of the stuff and it has been lasting for like two hours so far...
  • Some sources on Choline and Inositol: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15106232/ (Inositol increases mood, etc.), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11267629/ (Inositol increases dopamine), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18930076/ (Curcumin has positive effects on acetycholine)
    • Brain Optimization: Inositol helps boost serotonin and dopamine receptor density. Improving the effectiveness of serotonin, GABA, glutamate and dopamine neurotransmitters in your brain.
    • Neurotransmitters: Inositol improves the effectiveness of major neurotransmitters in your brain. Boosting alertness, concentration, focus, motivation and memory.
    • Mood: Inositol is often used along with popular antidepressant medications improving their effectiveness. Or sometimes even replacing SSRI’s in the treatment of depression, anxiety, panic attacks and OCD.
Purchase (where I got mine): https://healthbynaturals.com/produc...apsules-hydrazide?_pos=1&_sid=0d55851af&_ss=r
  • Pramiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807852

Dosages:
View attachment 1807853

Notes: Never took these before, but this one is in the upper echelon of potency as far as I have heard on the internet. I assume it feels somewhat similar to Phenylpiracetam.
Purchase: https://healthbynaturals.com/products/pramiracetam-30-ct-300-mg-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=cdd15a6bf&_ss=r
  • Oxiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807854

Dosages:
View attachment 1807855

Notes: Oxiracetam is like a longer-lasting version of Aniracetam, with less potency and less benefits.
Purchase: https://www.absorbyourhealth.com/product/oxiracetam-600mg-100-capsules-powerful-nootropic/

• Phenylpiracetam/Inositol (on Phenylpiracetam tolerance days) (Motivation, Focus, Energy)
  • Aniracetam (with Choline, or else it won't work as well) (Creativity, Memory, Thought Connectivity, etc,)
You can also pair this with pure gamma binaural beats as well, it is NOT cope and actually works. Studies prove this as well.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30073406/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5233742/.
It does this by surrounding your brain with certain waves and over time (in about 15-40 minutes), your brain will work at that frequency.

View attachment 1807912

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @PearlHandledDeck @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @KING REIDYZ @AscendingHero @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @FailedNormieManlet @Lars @Korea @bogii @StreegeReturn
@Biggdink @eren1 @Reckless Turtle @Broly Banderas @House Lannister @WannabeJock @Racky @Erik-Jón @heightface @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Clark69
@ilovelamp08 @St.TikTokcel @Anstrum95 @TeenAscender @loox @justadude @vaseqmoherad @astatine @Amnesia @Sigmamale @anya @Assyrian_Warrior @FreakkForLife
@Alexanderr @HQNPmaxxing @currylightskin @BasedPsychiatrist @´´´´´´´´ @ALP @HOLYFUARK @Chadpreetmaybe @BeenLMSsinceMSN @Kroker @oldcelloser @Tinydragon98 @Hiraeth @ascension!
@capybara @crimclown63
or the tag, ive been lookin for a guide like this.

• +1
Good thread as always :love:

• Love it
Did not read most but skimmed briefly on the ones you listed.

I usually take things with a grain of salt if there are no hard citations.

Based on some papers and brief research I have done, and reading anecdotes online (please check my note at the bottom before ordering any of these).

Would also like to point out that the studies indicate minor to soft improvements (so when I say improvements or reductions, take it with a grain of salt), there is still no hard evidence indicating full efficacy of these products.

Piracetam :

Reduction in cognitive decline
Reduction in aggression
Increase in memory
Improvements in confidence and verbal skills
Increases in motivation

Aniracetam :

Seems to show some stimulatory effects, not like caffeine though, behaves in a different manner
Reduces brain fog (seems to act via AMPA receptors)
Currently being studied for usage in depression
Improves mood

Phenylpiracetam :

Increases in cognition (for those suffering from cognitive decline)
Reductions in anxiety
Reductions in depression
May act as a stimulant
May improve focus

Pramiracetam :

Reductions in forgetfulness
Improvements in cognition and memory
May increase depth of focus
Potential improvements in memory and learning (study done on rats, however)
May cause anti social effects

Oxiracetam :

Reductions in cognitive decline
Improvements in memory
Improvements in quality of life

------------------------------------------------------------

Would like to point out one issue :

The problem with these new drugs (especially nootropics) on the market is that studies are still preliminary in nature and are often done on patients who are using them as a last resort (i.e dementia patients or those with severe depression, etc.), or sometimes done on lab rats.

Regardless, some or few are done on healthy subjects so unfortunately the "best" research on these types of products for personal use is looking up anecdotal experiences on Reddit (r/Nootripics is very useful), YouTube, other forums, etc.

I would always start out with a low dosage with these products, the risks still exist and they tend to be unregulated.

• +1
Reactions: Nims and enchanted_elixir
@Cope thoughts?

Amphetamine salts mog brocel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Wouldnt hinge my bets on CDP choline etc. In fact the new anti-alzheimer drugs are anti-cholinergic. IDK much about this topic but you can find out more if interested. Ive tried citi choline and bitartrate, they just made me depressed and un-motivatedd. Nothing beats nicotine and coffee with l theanine for motivation and focus. And of course, a healthy diet -RP has helped me so much @Lars . About Racetams, Piracetam does work, but must be used for a while. I'd say using racetams just before exam season can help.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Wouldnt hinge my bets on CDP choline etc. In fact the new anti-alzheimer drugs are anti-cholinergic. IDK much about this topic but you can find out more if interested. Ive tried citi choline and bitartrate, they just made me depressed and un-motivatedd. Nothing beats nicotine and coffee with l theanine for motivation and focus. And of course, a healthy diet -RP has helped me so much @Lars . About Racetams, Piracetam does work, but must be used for a while. I'd say using racetams just before exam season can help.
Screenshot 20220804 154629 YouTube

I found your white twin brother on yutube

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
So should I use them?

dnr + no nootropics for my face

• +1
Reactions: bara
View attachment 1807783

by @enchanted_elixir
Table Of Contents
  • Introduction

Introduction

View attachment 1807800

View attachment 1807831

• Phenelzine (Nardil)
    • Selegiline (Emsam)

• Piracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807847

Dosages:
View attachment 1807848

• Aniracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807846

Dosage:
View attachment 1807845

• Phenylpiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807850

Dosages:
View attachment 1807851

My experience on this.
  • Pramiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807852

Dosages:
View attachment 1807853

• Oxiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807854

Dosages:
View attachment 1807855

View attachment 1807912

@capybara @crimclown63
@enchanted_elixir how is your racetam progress going? have u started? also is it working

@enchanted_elixir how is your racetam progress going? have u started? also is it working
I've been cycling every 2 weeks, haven't been taking it due to tolerance buildup. I'll try it sometime this week with Mucuna Pruriens and make a thread on it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
@enchanted_elixir Where did you get your racetams with the ongoing racetam shortage?

• +1
Reactions: serbiangandy
Are you still doing this?
I really don’t know what to think of nootropics sicne some people associate all kinds of life changing benefits to them yet successful people don’t seem to attribute success to them really

Hard to know if this stuff is too good to be true or a good idea long term

• +1
I really don’t know what to think of nootropics sicne some people associate all kinds of life changing benefits to them yet successful people don’t seem to attribute success to them really

Lsd

• +1

Most racetams develop too quick of a tolerance to be useful to be honest.
Phenylpiracetam is cool when it works, but useless when it doesn't.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22639 and BrahminBoss
No bro it builds up it works very well it’s just subtle so u don’t notice esp when taken with megadoses of vitamin b1 thyroid and coffee

Thanks for responding man

I really think natural law suggests that whatever benefits you get from a drug will equal it’s risks or side effects, no such thing as playing for free when it comes to this

• +1
Lmfao.

You haven't taken any of these but you're writing a guide on them.

Fucking gold.

Racetams just flood your system with corticosteroids. Enjoy a fucked up adrenal axis!

Thanks for responding man

I really think natural law suggests that whatever benefits you get from a drug will equal it’s risks or side effects, no such thing as playing for free when it comes to this
No, not really. There are some drugs with wonderful effects and almost or no side effects

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22639
Lmfao.

You haven't taken any of these but you're writing a guide on them.

Fucking gold.

Racetams just flood your system with corticosteroids. Enjoy a fucked up adrenal axis!
I've taken one of them.

Can you show evidence of the corticosteroid part?

I've taken one of them.

Can you show evidence of the corticosteroid part?
OK, so you took one, and a tiny bit at that. It effected a generic stimulation from the phenyl group. This is about as relevant as taking caffeine and shouldn't be considered a qualifying experience.

And what about all the others? There are 4 research chemicals you're just blindly recommending that people ingest there. Playing with things you don't fully understand isn't just irresponsible, it's a recipe for regret. And it's clear that you don't understand them.

As far as evidence, I'm under no obligation to spend my valuable time playing clerk for you.

Just do your research into MOAs before you consume a substance.

• Hmm...
Reactions: N1666
View attachment 1807783

by @enchanted_elixir
Table Of Contents
  • Introduction

Introduction

View attachment 1807800

View attachment 1807831

• Phenelzine (Nardil)
    • Selegiline (Emsam)

• Piracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807847

Dosages:
View attachment 1807848

• Aniracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807846

Dosage:
View attachment 1807845

• Phenylpiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807850

Dosages:
View attachment 1807851

My experience on this.
  • Pramiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807852

Dosages:
View attachment 1807853

• Oxiracetam
Effects:
View attachment 1807854

Dosages:
View attachment 1807855

View attachment 1807912

@capybara @crimclown63
Have you done anything so far? I’m looking for somone with noortropic experience

can you take aniracetam and phenylracetam at the same time?