Nose-to-philtrum correlation and what should I fix

A

aldjeld

Iron
Joined
Jul 8, 2026
Posts
12
Reputation
3
Hi, I have a really long philtrum (20mm) and kinda shorter then average nose (48mm) which looks even shorter as a tip is upturned (44mm to the tip) so it fucks nose-to-philtrum ratio and also I’m recessed so either my chin or mandible is recessed but I suppose it’s vertical maxilla excess so that’s why both jaws are recessed as well as chin.

I’m curious why my nose is shorter then average when philtrum is longer and how those two are correlated as in most cases I see recessed people have long noses but not wise-verse.

And also I’m interested what is the best fix in my case? Chin implant or surgery, full arch intrussion with tads to compress alveolar bone (and if anyone know is intrussion of an upper arch causes ccw rotation), maxillary impaction? Lip lift? Nose lengthening?

And also I’m curious if stuff like impaction or intrusion or nose lengthening might fuck my proportions if ipd, midface ratios and etc like eyes to mouth, eyes to nose are idel rn?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5807.jpeg
    IMG_5807.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5811.jpeg
    IMG_5811.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5812.jpeg
    IMG_5812.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5815.jpeg
    IMG_5815.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi, I have a really long philtrum (20mm) and kinda shorter then average nose (48mm) which looks even shorter as a tip is upturned (44mm to the tip) so it fucks nose-to-philtrum ratio and also I’m recessed so either my chin or mandible is recessed but I suppose it’s vertical maxilla excess so that’s why both jaws are recessed as well as chin.

I’m curious why my nose is shorter then average when philtrum is longer and how those two are correlated as in most cases I see recessed people have long noses but not wise-verse.

And also I’m interested what is the best fix in my case? Chin implant or surgery, full arch intrussion with tads to compress alveolar bone (and if anyone know is intrussion of an upper arch causes ccw rotation), maxillary impaction? Lip lift? Nose lengthening?

And also I’m curious if stuff like impaction or intrusion or nose lengthening might fuck my proportions if ipd, midface ratios and etc like eyes to mouth, eyes to nose are idel rn?
im so sorry
 
idk the fix, if there is one, because I don't have this issue. Probably a post on it somewhere.
I found some possible fixes here so I listed most but interested what is the best in my case and also I believe there should be some correlation between nose and philtrum so length of one should affect length of another somehow and I’m just interested what affected my nose-to-philtrum length
 

Similar threads

G
Replies
5
Views
33
GoldenSeahorse
GoldenSeahorse
receessed
Replies
4
Views
47
GoldenSeahorse
GoldenSeahorse
andrzszyzz
Replies
2
Views
51
fxresdz
fxresdz
J
Replies
3
Views
43
juliuscheeser0
J
H
Replies
1
Views
25
hopelive
hopelive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top