Not looking at yourself for a week or longer to see what you really look like

horsefacin

horsefacin

Hi
heard this a long time ago - that if you abstain from looking at any reflections or pictures of yourself for a week or longer, then finally looking in the mirror, you are “detoxed” of any bias negative or positive you might hold regularly. i guess the reasoning behind it is subtle changes from day to day that are exaggerated in the mind, so by almost forgetting what you look like you will judge yourself like any other person you’re seeing for the first time

a lot of delusional bdd niggas on the site (including me) where you can feel sub5 one day and htn the next. i’m really interested to see if anyones tried this and what the results were like

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, NoseProphecy, Pride and 1 other person
impossible for me since i have to look in mirror to put my contacts in and out

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and NoseProphecy
i still look like shat so why bother

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and NoseProphecy
its quite hard
how would you even take care of yourself if you do it

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, NoseProphecy and Pride
i still look like shat so why bother
if you feel like a sub5 every day then i guess this sort of thing would be of no help. i’m interested in bdd experiences since i relate to feeling like my looks change every day

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and Pride
i either think im chico when i look in the mirror or the biggest subhuman to walk the earth, it's never in between for me :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: Anth0ny, NationalWarrior and horsefacin
heard this a long time ago - that if you abstain from looking at any reflections or pictures of yourself for a week or longer, then finally looking in the mirror, you are “detoxed” of any bias negative or positive you might hold regularly. i guess the reasoning behind it is subtle changes from day to day that are exaggerated in the mind, so by almost forgetting what you look like you will judge yourself like any other person you’re seeing for the first time

a lot of delusional bdd niggas on the site (including me) where you can feel sub5 one day and htn the next. i’m really interested to see if anyones tried this and what the results were like
I’ll try it tbh but how will i groom myself

Id have to cover my mirrors with trash bags

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
I’ll try it tbh but how will i groom myself

Id have to cover my mirrors with trash bags
stylinf hairs a problem i guess, i’ve just had a buzz cut for the longest so i completely forgot. and washing my face is all muscle memory

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy

i basically do this when i rot for a week and dont shave, ill finally shave and look in the mirror and be reminded how i mog

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
i basically do this when i rot for a week and dont shave, ill finally shave and look in the mirror and be reminded how i mog
This and reaching 12%bf are the only copes i have left

• +1
Reactions: atlantean
if you feel like a sub5 every day then i guess this sort of thing would be of no help. i’m interested in bdd experiences since i relate to feeling like my looks change every day
it dont change for me.

This and reaching 12%bf are the only copes i have left
lean is life, i genuinely go from subhuman to chadlite when i debloat its insane

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin