Not sure if I should go ahead with BSSO…

S

sul927

Iron
Joined
Nov 19, 2025
Posts
13
Reputation
5
IMG 9278



I went to an orthodontist and was told that braces or Invisalign’s will not fix my overbite whatsoever. I have a 7mm overjet abd he identified it as class 2.

Whenever I clench my jaw, my lower third just looks really small as shown in the third pic. My teeth are also grinding and I have visible tear + I might have sleep apnea as I often wake up gasping. I thought I always had a recessed chin but I was told that my chin projection was very good but my mandible is really small/recessed pushing it back.

I was recommended I get my wisdom teeth removed, braces, then do the surgery.

What are your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9279.jpeg
    IMG_9279.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9277.jpeg
    IMG_9277.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Majklos
you 100% need surgery if you want this fixed in a meaningful way. implants or genio alone won't fix your terrible smile if you have a 7mm overjet. the only annoying part is having to go through decompensation process and looking even worse towards the end of it, but you can permajut fraud your way out of it mostly
 
  • +1
Reactions: Majklos
you 100% need surgery if you want this fixed in a meaningful way. implants or genio alone won't fix your terrible smile if you have a 7mm overjet. the only annoying part is having to go through decompensation process and looking even worse towards the end of it, but you can permajut fraud your way out of it mostly
Yes my smile is terrible. When i talk or open my mouth without forcing my lips up, my teeth do not show. WHen i smile the upper teeth show but not ideal amount.
 
Yes my smile is terrible. When i talk or open my mouth without forcing my lips up, my teeth do not show. WHen i smile the upper teeth show but not ideal amount.
so what the fuck do you mean "not sure if I should go ahead with bsso"? you don't have any other options brother, if anything you should be getting a bimax
 
so what the fuck do you mean "not sure if I should go ahead with bsso"? you don't have any other options brother, if anything you should be getting a bimax

I was asking if its the best options for surgery, obviously i know i need one....
 
  • +1
Reactions: Majklos
Yes I have the same problem as you my guy the thing I’m wondering is if BSSO only is enough or if I need a bimax or trimax
 
Yes I have the same problem as you my guy the thing I’m wondering is if BSSO only is enough or if I need a bimax or trimax
if your mandible is recessed, there is a very high likelihood that your maxilla is recessed too (which causes other issues such as a prominent nose and recessed infras). BSSO alone is almost never a good choice if you care about aesthetics more than functional issues
 
  • +1
Reactions: Majklos
if your mandible is recessed, there is a very high likelihood that your maxilla is recessed too (which causes other issues such as a prominent nose and recessed infras). BSSO alone is almost never a good choice if you care about aesthetics more than functional issues
Do you know that or you pasted that somewhere? Just asking because you seem like a new user so sorry if I’m accusing you
 
if your mandible is recessed, there is a very high likelihood that your maxilla is recessed too (which causes other issues such as a prominent nose and recessed infras). BSSO alone is almost never a good choice if you care about aesthetics more than functional issues
It may be slightly recessed or idk my SNA is 80 degrees
 
if your mandible is recessed, there is a very high likelihood that your maxilla is recessed too (which causes other issues such as a prominent nose and recessed infras). BSSO alone is almost never a good choice if you care about aesthetics more than functional issues
I'm doing it partly for functionality and aesthetics. Sure my maxilla can be recessed but it's nothing severe like my lower third. I have a good ramus and good chin projection so It will probably give me an ideal lower third? I am fine with the way my upper face looks, so not sure if it's worth going for the binax instead considering it's a lot more invasive and costly.
 
Do you know that or you pasted that somewhere? Just asking because you seem like a new user so sorry if I’m accusing you
talking somewhat from experience (discussions with surgeon, ortho and a lot of research on my own), as I am in the same boat as all of you and going through decompensation right now in preparation for DJS.

been a long time lurker (pre clav era) but just got pissed off reading replies from retarded 12-15 year old tiktok spawns who don't know anything besides what tiktok tells them and give shit advice so decided to take matters into my own hands
 

Similar threads

britishbomber
Replies
32
Views
89
britishbomber
britishbomber
Crappypatty
Replies
10
Views
45
Crappypatty
Crappypatty
A654
Replies
5
Views
89
Absurdist
Absurdist
Raf_slv10
Replies
6
Views
94
Whirr22222
Whirr22222
LTNTyler
Replies
1
Views
20
justtrynalookgood
justtrynalookgood

Users who are viewing this thread

  • umbreon888
  • 0envy
  • sul927
  • Majklos
  • Bixell
  • iheartgoyslop
  • 6’2 chad
Back
Top