not sure if this is offtopic but i find it amazing how we detect beauty

Juno_roe

Juno_roe

Iron
we can literally detect attractiveness in a face by looking at it for fractions of a second. isn't it funny how that happens. like it's an instinct that would be pretty useful for cavemen since being strong and having a broad skull meant you were good at protecting the tribe from danger but now we don't even need it and it's still there anyway. that useful ability aged really badly and now just makes a lot of lives worse or way better than they're supposed to be. posting this here because i have no one to share this thought with.

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater and nathan
because evolution rewards us if when mate with the best genes

• +1
Reactions: alurmo, Juno_roe and radicalrationalist
we can literally detect attractiveness in a face by looking at it for fractions of a second. isn't it funny how that happens. like it's an instinct that would be pretty useful for cavemen since being strong and having a broad skull meant you were good at protecting the tribe from danger but now we don't even need it and it's still there anyway. that useful ability aged really badly and now just makes a lot of lives worse or way better than they're supposed to be. posting this here because i have no one to share this thought with.
I mean isnt that a positive tho

because evolution rewards us if when mate with the best genes
fair enough. i guess we need to give our children the best life possible so they can perpetuate the species and that can only be achievable with prettyboy looks

• +1
Reactions: nathan